The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

C-Riz - Take Cover_Killing The Mainstream

C-Riz - Take Cover_Killing The Mainstream

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Jun 30th, '11, 11:02

yup its been a while...i had fun throwin this together...
would have been released way earlier if Plan A would have worked out lol
(and yes its not on the main audio page but i still hope people find their way in here)
About: its a freeverse type of mixtape..me using official beat and basically killing the mainstream instrumentals...
anyway here it is..
Cover:
shoutout to slimm for the cover :y:

Tracklist:
01. Make It Happen - C-Riz
02. Clueless On Kush - C-Riz
03. Rapper's Favorite MC - C-Riz
04. The Crossover - C-Riz
05. Hey Baby - C-Riz
06. Show Up - C-Riz
07. Never Loosin' - C-Riz
08. I'm Goin' To Make It - C-Riz
09. Still Got It - C-Riz ; Drake
10. Holy Waters - C-Riz
11. Written In The Stars - C-Riz ; Eric Turner
12. Still Hungry - C-Riz ; Masspike Miles
13. Rack On Racks Freeverse - C-Riz
14. Airplanes Freeverse - C-Riz

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?fbna7a94gowgb5l

hope y'all enjoy it...tho i might know some TRheads wont connect wit it as much... :y:
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Re: C-Riz - Take Cover_Killing The Mainstream

Postby Kez » Jun 30th, '11, 12:17

I shall give this a listen and get back to ya
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Kez » Jun 30th, '11, 13:09

Nice cover Slimm. Typing this while listening, so these are all my immediate thoughts.

Make It Happen:
Lyrics are decent, some of the rhymes don't all rhyme though which sounds a bit lazy sometimes lol. Plus when you randomly repeated a line a second time. The flow is pretty good, I liked how you played with the "going on and off beat" thing at that part. The hook fits the beat nice, that was good. This seems a bit of a weird track to open it with though, I would have honestly been expecting a lively bragging kind of shit.

Clueless on Kush:
Awesome beat. I'm sorry lol but your flow sounds way too slow here lmao, it sounds like you're running behind the beat and can't keep up. Very interesting thing to do switching it up halfway through, now I see what the title is about, I was about to say. I don't really see the concept of the track though tbh, and the title made me intrigued when I saw it so I was expecting something, instead it's basically 2 different kind of track shoved together with nothing really connecting them.

Rapper's Favorite MC:
This sounds more like the kind of track I would have expected to be near the beginning. The beat is alright, nothing special. Flow is decent, could be better but could be worse. Lyrics are decent, nothing amazing but you can tell you're more comfortable in this kind of shit.

The Crossover:
Did a pretty good job on the flow on here. Getting at me like bitches lol, that's not very inventive really :p I liked the peace out line though. Nice idea with the whole rapping in German thing (at least that's what I assume you're doing), fits the track title so that's good.

Hey Baby (LaLaLa):
The title of this made me cringe and I had a feeling I wouldn't like it. I was proven pretty much right. You didn't do anything wrong but shit like this is just not for me. You can't sing very well either haha. Just being straight. Also the beat completely drowns you out, it's way too loud and your vocals are too quiet. Just didn't like this.

Show Up:
Nice beat. Another track about da bitches lol so it aint really for me. Lyrics were decent but nothing amazing. Your hook really sounds a bit boring on this and doesn't fit the beat, that said if you had tried to sing to it it probably wouldn't have come out great either so. It just sounds a bit quiet though. And why do you keep shouting out famous rappers n shit :p

Never Loosin':
Not a fan of that beat. That Billionaire sample wasn't very well implemented haha, came outta nowhere. Flow and volume is much better on this. The actual track though it's just more of the same. Honestly I don't have much to say on it.

I'm Goin' To Make It:
That hook is just awkward. The singing aint very good and the "I'm goin to make it" at the end sounds off beat haha. Also the track is just far too similiar to the last one that it gets a bit boring haha.

Holy Waters:
Interesting name. Beat sounds good. Flow was going pretty good but you definately fell off it a few times. Also you should have got someone else to do that "you need to go slower" shit, it sounds kinda redundant when you're basically just talking to yourself lol.

Written In The Stars:
I already fucking hate this song, so there's really no way for you to win :p Plus you didn't even try and fit with the concept of the stars or anything like that, it's just another verse that could be on any track on here lol. Not really a fan of this one.

Still Hungry:
More of the same. Also fuckin hell, a good minute and a half before you even start rapping haha. The flow is alright but it's not perfect by any means. Lyrics and shit are more of the same, "wait till I get my own money". That kinda shit. Also this was much longer than it needed to be considering you only had one verse.

Racks on Racks:
Beat is meh to me. Flow is pretty decent, sounds just like pretty much every other track though tbh. The hook is very pointless to me, I can barely tell what it's saying and it sounds annoying to me lol. What you were saying was more of the same, so shit, I dunno what to say at this point.

Still Got It:
Not a fan of Drake, pretty boring hook. At least you try out a different flow for a change on this, very good to hear. Nice reference to the Drake track (Best I Ever Had) and shit. Lyrics are nothing amazing, and once again it's mainly another track about girls.

Airplanes Remix:
At least you stayed on the "wish" theme throughout the track, which makes a nice change. Not just an interchangable verse. Didn't execute that last line very well, sounds a bit like you fumbled and the hook drowns the end of it out defeating the effect of the final punch. Also ended very abruptly for the final track, lol. Lyrics I enjoyed on this compared to most of the others.

Overall:
I know when you say you know people on TR who won't feel it that probably includes me, lol, but I would assume you'd appreciate the feed either way. I know you've said before you just rap for fun, but I don't see that as a reason for me not to be honest with you and give you in-depth feed. You have some skill if you keep going with it, but you need to broaden what you rap about. I mean a lot of what you rap about is very very mainstream and that's fine but you aren't rich lol, and you aren't gangsta. That aint an insult that's a fact. So when you rap about it it's hard to envision it is all I mean. I'd love to see more varied stuff, because even though this was only 14 tracks long, I was still starting to feel bored near the end, because nearly every track is either a track about girls or a track about haters and skill. Which is fine, but I mean it gets boring lol, i'm just being honest I was really starting to get bored.

Also your flow still needs some work, there are times when I can hear you have to stop it to quickly draw breath in case you run out and it affects it. Some tracks you nailed it, but on a lot of the tracks you kept pretty much the same flow, which didn't help with the feeling that your verses could have been written for pretty much any beat (content wise) or any track on the album. Your lyrics were decent but equally they never really impressed me so much, there was no lines than made me go "wow" or anything lol. Considering that English aint your first language you have the pronunciation pretty much down. Obviously it will never sound completely flawless because you had to learn it and your accent will always clash with it, but there aint much to fault on that front. To be honest though I didn't relate or connect with pretty much any of this, and i'm sure that it's not people like me you're trying to target anyway so this is probably an effort in futility, but I wanted to leave my thoughts.

Not terrible by any means, but I have to be honest when I say I probably won't give this many more replays. Hopefully the next thing I hear from you impresses me more.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Jun 30th, '11, 13:59

wow thanks a freakin lot kez...
yeah i agree....you belong in the category of people who wont relate to it as much lol...
umm...well im not doin this rap thing straightly for fun..but this project was made "for fun"...
im not here to defend myself..
i take notice and know as i tried new flow styles i kinda had no chance to execute them perfectly(tho i tried but obvious had couple flaws)..the main goal was to try new flow types..
the content aint at its best either :)
i hope TRians wont give up on me..i promise with my next project (which is already in work lol) im havin about 6-8 conceptual full tracks :)
okay with that said im glad you gave it a spin :)
propz

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Scrubz » Jun 30th, '11, 16:10

Will give this one a spin then fee when I'm not busy. Probably won't be any time soon because I am really busy, haha.
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Jul 16th, '11, 14:24

thanks killa...appreciate it
i agree content.wise i didnt take too many journeys..my focus was on other shit anyway
thanks again man :flower:
i had fun doin this.. :) new tape on the way and i hope i can make up for my so called wrong step ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Return to A.S. Collections