The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Bum Shiv]-PowerHouse-(Hip Hop)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

[Bum Shiv]-PowerHouse-(Hip Hop)

Postby BumShiv » Aug 12th, '11, 23:45

I used Michael Jackson samples on this one from "Remember The Time". I was experimenting a little :) Please leave feed back and i'll def do the same :y: Enjoy :D

http://soundcloud.com/bumshiv/powerhous ... el-jackson
http://hulkshare.com/p3gudquj75ey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFD5ECrG9YI
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [Bum Shiv]-PowerHouse-(Hip Hop)

Postby BumShiv » Aug 13th, '11, 02:41

:( glad you were honest tho. I was just trying something with samples. I think I'm rushing beats too much right now. I gotta take my time with it bc i realized this beat isnt that great. thanks for feed :y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BumShiv » Aug 13th, '11, 03:32

word man! lol yea man that streo technique works. lol i jus tried it. i also heard that you could put the master volume all the way low and adjust instrument volumes based and what you can and cant hear. :y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Aug 13th, '11, 07:57

Okay. The idea of sampling Michael Jackson songs = brilliant. Just utterly brilliant. If you finish a beat with an MJ sample like that, but maybe... "Lady in My Life" or "Human Nature" or "I can't Help It", by god I'd download your track and record to it. I love MJ and the idea to sample him is brilliant.

You didn't follow thru with this attempt, BUT after hearing some of your beats, I'm sure your fully capable of producing a stellar beat that someone will use. Keep it up and don't let some slip ups bring ya down. I learned that the hard way with my raps. :y:

Have a good one, dude!

Eedee
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby BumShiv » Aug 13th, '11, 08:16

Im gonna try to find some MJ to end it with :y: If it sounds good shud i send it to you?
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Aug 13th, '11, 08:29

RecoveryEminem wrote:Im gonna try to find some MJ to end it with :y: If it sounds good shud i send it to you?

Yeah, sure! No promises that I will use it, but if I like it, I'll give it a go. I can't do ANY mastering or mixing, I have NO idea whatsoever to do on that, but I'm sure I could write to it. I love MJ!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby BumShiv » Aug 13th, '11, 08:38

iight man lol :y: If i could figure something out for the end ill edit the OP with a link and i'll tell you :y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Aug 13th, '11, 11:32

RecoveryEminem wrote:iight man lol :y: If i could figure something out for the end ill edit the OP with a link and i'll tell you :y:

I'm not really feeling the voice samples as part of the melody. I was thinking more of like the hook would be his chorus or something from one of his songs. Or his song melody be the melody of the track with a beat on top of it.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby BumShiv » Aug 13th, '11, 19:46

Eedee wrote:
RecoveryEminem wrote:iight man lol :y: If i could figure something out for the end ill edit the OP with a link and i'll tell you :y:

I'm not really feeling the voice samples as part of the melody. I was thinking more of like the hook would be his chorus or something from one of his songs. Or his song melody be the melody of the track with a beat on top of it.

word bro i was gonna try to do something like that but i wanted to get it out quick for some reason. i need to stop rushing things :y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Aug 13th, '11, 23:39

RecoveryEminem wrote:
Eedee wrote:

word bro i was gonna try to do something like that but i wanted to get it out quick for some reason. i need to stop rushing things :y:

If you make it a full song, with maybe one verse that's like 45 seconds, and a longer verse (like You're Never Over) but with an MJ hook and the background melody with a beat over it, man... I'd love to write and record to that. But I have my own style, and that Cooldown was tremendously hard to write to. I'm more of a sentence rhymer guy, not a three or four word sentence guy, if you know what I mean. Such as:

"I love to write lines like these and rhyme them exactly,
Enough time to fine tune rhymes and spit them happily"

and not like

"This me rhyming,
I just can't get the timing... see?"

So if you made the bars long enough I can get my style in there, that would be perfect!

Thanks for the work, dude. I look forward to hearing the finished product! :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby BumShiv » Aug 13th, '11, 23:51

If you make it a full song, with maybe one verse that's like 45 seconds, and a longer verse (like You're Never Over) but with an MJ hook and the background melody with a beat over it, man... I'd love to write and record to that. But I have my own style, and that Cooldown was tremendously hard to write to. I'm more of a sentence rhymer guy, not a three or four word sentence guy, if you know what I mean. Such as:

and not like

"This me rhyming,

So if you made the bars long enough I can get my style in there, that would be perfect!

iight bro sounds good. im gonna work on it and then pm it to you whenever its ready
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Aug 13th, '11, 23:59

RecoveryEminem wrote:

and not like

"This me rhyming,

iight bro sounds good. im gonna work on it and then pm it to you whenever its ready

:y: I look forward to hearing them. :)
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Aug 16th, '11, 08:31

I feel like... it's 50% done. It has potential. Swich things around and try again! :y:
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby BumShiv » Aug 16th, '11, 21:55

iight bro goodlooks
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Return to The Studio