The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Which Dre beats should i get?

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Which Dre beats should i get?

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 12:44

i am getting bored on the sony MDR V600 headphones i have, and in school i tried a pair of studio beats by dre... to cut a long story short, they were awesome. After talking to some people, i have managed to get myself 2 offers - i can get studios for £70 or i can get a pair of pros for £140... i have $150 atm, and listening to music is something i do all the time, so i am seriously considering getting the pros, but as i havent tried them can anyone tell me if it is worth it? i know im getting a load of money off, so i think i might get the pros, but i was just wondering what you guys think.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Which Dre beats should i get?

Postby Sekou » Sep 24th, '11, 12:59

Don't get the pros if you're not a DJ, it's a waste of money. And even if you are, there are better DJ headphones out there.
If you're just a regular music listener go with the studios or the solo HDs.
Sekou
Soldier
Soldier

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 13:21

Sekou wrote:Don't get the pros if you're not a DJ, it's a waste of money. And even if you are, there are better DJ headphones out there.

i listen to music pretty much, and i want some high quality headphones if i can get them... i have nothing else i am planning on buying soon so i thought i may as well get the pros

how much of a difference is there between the pros and the studio headphones? :unsure: if they arent too far apart, i may as well just get the studio ones
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 13:40

GameTheory wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:
Sekou wrote:Don't get the pros if you're not a DJ, it's a waste of money. And even if you are, there are better DJ headphones out there.

i listen to music pretty much, and i want some high quality headphones if i can get them... i have nothing else i am planning on buying soon so i thought i may as well get the pros

how much of a difference is there between the pros and the studio headphones? :unsure: if they arent too far apart, i may as well just get the studio ones

Not really big, plus the Studios are as good as it is .. The reason why the Pros are overpriced is because of its build material, while Studios are made out of plastic. My advice is, don't spend a good amount of money that is £70 (You can buy two Studios lol) for a very little quality difference, and more fashion and quality build material (That might also get heavy on your head lol)

It's really up to you though, really .. You should try them both and buy the one you like. :b:

i tried the studios and i really like them but i have kinda 'large' ears (im called an elephant at school :'( ) so i think that after about an hour or so the studios may get a bit uncomfotable... with the pros i dont think i will get this problem :unsure: i will try some pros out though, just to see how they do :y:
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EG. » Sep 24th, '11, 13:48

the real slim shady wrote:i have kinda 'large' ears (im called an elephant at school :'( )
really? :console:
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 13:52

GameTheory wrote:In that case .. try the pros, and if it's comfortable get it. :y:

i think i will... but if there isnt much difference comfort wise, i will get the studios, because i reckon you and Sekou are probably right :flower:

EvaG wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:i have kinda 'large' ears (im called an elephant at school :'( )
really? :console:

:happy: and yes eva, im serious... im used to it now, but when i was younger i went to a week long football training thing and i got called FA cup ears :(
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby gutawafang » Sep 24th, '11, 16:00

Solo is good enough man. To be honest, the earpiece is good enough.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 16:14

gutawafang wrote:Solo is good enough man. To be honest, the earpiece is good enough.

have you tried studio headphones? i like solo, they are a bit better than the earphones i have at the moment but studios are amazing... at the moment im thinking of getting the pros though. If my parents will let me buy them, then i will get the best pair of headphones i can, but i was thinking of getting a pair of solos for a while :-k
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby gutawafang » Sep 24th, '11, 16:16

gutawafang wrote:Solo is good enough man. To be honest, the earpiece is good enough.

have you tried studio headphones? i like solo, they are a bit better than the earphones i have at the moment but studios are amazing... at the moment im thinking of getting the pros though. If my parents will let me buy them, then i will get the best pair of headphones i can, but i was thinking of getting a pair of solos for a while :-k

yeah i tried before. cuz I have one. :p I heard that Soul by Ludacris headphones is pretty good too man.
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 16:19

meh... im not sure about them, i think i will stick with beats by dre. They look good, they sound good, and i can get them 60% off at the moment
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby gutawafang » Sep 24th, '11, 16:24

the real slim shady wrote:meh... im not sure about them, i think i will stick with beats by dre. They look good, they sound good, and i can get them 60% off at the moment

yeah man. i got two of the beats by dre earpiece. and a pair of studio. ahahhaa I'd rather stick to beats too. but you know beats was bought over by HTC?
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 16:26

gutawafang wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:meh... im not sure about them, i think i will stick with beats by dre. They look good, they sound good, and i can get them 60% off at the moment

yeah man. i got two of the beats by dre earpiece. and a pair of studio. ahahhaa I'd rather stick to beats too. but you know beats was bought over by HTC?

it doesnt matter who owns them i think... if they work then its all good
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby gutawafang » Sep 24th, '11, 16:27

gutawafang wrote:

it doesnt matter who owns them i think... if they work then its all good

yeah man just thought maybe you support dre or something. cuz there really are other headphones out there much cheaper and relatively better than beats by dre.
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 24th, '11, 16:45

i will admit, them being designed by dre has kind of influenced my opinion, but people say they are good, and i can get them cheap...
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 27th, '11, 17:55

just to let you guys know, i took your advice.. i tried some pros, and while they are better i have decided they arent £70 better, so im getting the studios... in white :smoking:
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Computing & Technology