The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Trimms - Positive Thoughts album art

Want help or feel the urge to show off? Then here is the place for you.

Trimms - Positive Thoughts album art

Postby FreeSpeech » Jan 15th, '12, 22:40

Made this from two different pics, looks nothing like either of the originals. I kinda used Curren$y covers as my inspiration, made something I thought he might use.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Trimms - Positive Thoughts album art

Postby Trimss » Jan 15th, '12, 22:48

That looks kinda good. I love the fact that the positive thought isn't really that positive.

I will definitely use that, as soon as I'll be good enough to drop a short Ep/mixtape. I got the text and concept nailed though.

Thanks dude!
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SG. » Jan 15th, '12, 22:52

For some reason this reminds me of Camp.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Trimss » Jan 15th, '12, 22:54

I'm on my phone so I can't really judge, but yeah the text seems stretched.
Wouldn't it be better in an other color? I feel like it's the only white thing, and it doesn't match.
But the pictures are good.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby FreeSpeech » Jan 15th, '12, 22:58

Geno wrote:Everything is good with your art except your text.

It's ugly. :unsure:

Ya, I'm not good at text, which luckily is the easiest to change. I'll do text I think is dope, but other people don't feel it. And the text color matches the pic color perfectly, it's the identical color, not white. It was a lil stretched though. You don't want the text much darker or it will blend with the background.
Is this better?
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby FreeSpeech » Jan 15th, '12, 23:03

Geno wrote:Much better.

just don't make your text look rushed compared to the rest. :y:

Ya I don't rush it, I just can't tell what looks good. But text is the easiest thing tho change so it's no biggie.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Jan 16th, '12, 04:07

Post the originals so we can see what you actually did
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby FreeSpeech » Jan 16th, '12, 04:16

Solace wrote:Post the originals so we can see what you actually did

Good call.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Element. » Jan 16th, '12, 13:28

Good mate, Looks better when you changed the text well done. :y:
TR Battles
Won - 4
Lost - 0
Element.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimm » Jan 18th, '12, 23:53

It's pretty good for someone who just started, judging by your choice of style and composition I would say you're quite talented even. That could also be because we seem to prefer the same style which is clean and simple. You often find new designers trying way to do way too much effects and that looks like shit. Sadly though, a lot of people who know nothing about graphics seem to really dig that style.

As for your design, I like what you did. Good choice of stock and I like the thick border. I'm not going to judge the concept since I have no idea what Trimms wants to express. I would say the colors are a bit too bright, a little less saturation wouldn't hurt. You should try to start working with lightning and depth, really helpful tools which you need to learn if you want to get better.

Tip about text in general, always use the Character/Paragraph window.
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby FreeSpeech » Jan 19th, '12, 03:40

Slimm wrote:It's pretty good for someone who just started, judging by your choice of style and composition I would say you're quite talented even. That could also be because we seem to prefer the same style which is clean and simple. You often find new designers trying way to do way too much effects and that looks like shit. Sadly though, a lot of people who know nothing about graphics seem to really dig that style.

As for your design, I like what you did. Good choice of stock and I like the thick border. I'm not going to judge the concept since I have no idea what Trimms wants to express. I would say the colors are a bit too bright, a little less saturation wouldn't hurt. You should try to start working with lightning and depth, really helpful tools which you need to learn if you want to get better.

thanks man :y:

And I think my limited knowledge actually helps me make it look smoother. I hate over-designed pics full of fake looking/airbrushed effects.

What do you mean about the text tho? Like what should I have done different?
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Slimm » Jan 19th, '12, 17:03

FreeSpeech wrote:
Slimm wrote:It's pretty good for someone who just started, judging by your choice of style and composition I would say you're quite talented even. That could also be because we seem to prefer the same style which is clean and simple. You often find new designers trying way to do way too much effects and that looks like shit. Sadly though, a lot of people who know nothing about graphics seem to really dig that style.

thanks man :y:

And I think my limited knowledge actually helps me make it look smoother. I hate over-designed pics full of fake looking/airbrushed effects.

What do you mean about the text tho? Like what should I have done different?

Can't really pinpoint anything what you could of done better but most of the time text can always be better lol. Since you said you have a hard time doing text, I just thought I'd give you a heads up on the character/paragraph window.
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Atone » Jan 21st, '12, 11:49

it kinda makes me think of old underground documentary style movies, i could imagin underground hip hop thought provocing rappers using this

looks good to
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Graphics