The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Recovery Certified 4x Platinum in US

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Recovery Certified 4x Platinum in US

Postby Amaranthine » Feb 3rd, '12, 07:29

Detroit hip hop legend Eminem continues to rack up the platinum plaques as his 2010 album release ‘Recovery’ has officially gone 4 times platinum.

There are few artists in the music business, if any, that can sell records like Eminem. It seems that everything the Detroit native touches turns to platinum. In 2010, Marshall Mathers upped his own game earning himself two diamond plaques for the 10 million albums sold threshold.

Both his ‘Marshall Mathers LP’ and the ‘The Eminem Show’ reached the rare certification of diamond during 2010, and now Em is back with another accolade. Eminem’s 2010 release ‘Recovery’ has just received the official 4 times platinum certification from RIAA.

Source
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Recovery Certified 4x Platinum in US

Postby Stanforever » Feb 3rd, '12, 07:46

:worship:
eminem=legend
recovery=classic
:worship:
i'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not-Kurt Cobain
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tomatopie » Feb 14th, '12, 02:37

recovery not classic !
SLim Shady & Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show = CLASSIC
Encore = mediocre
Relapse = lyrically great , flow as well bad accents ruined most of the listen
Recovery = different, new production , different style, meaningfull songs ruined by pop samples and him stubling on his flow and being a people pleaser
tomatopie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mdemaz » Feb 14th, '12, 08:16

Cool beans.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Sergio M. » Feb 14th, '12, 18:40

tomatopie wrote:recovery not classic !
Recovery = different, new production , different style, meaningfull songs ruined by pop samples and him stubling on his flow and being a people pleaser

Check it out and review ur post. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143056

And man, Eminem being a people pleaser?! c'mon. :n:
Follow: @TeamRoyce59

I'm brazilian...
Sergio M.
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby LSR » Feb 15th, '12, 01:13

SLim Shady & Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show = CLASSIC
Encore = mediocre
Relapse = lyrically great , flow as well bad accents ruined most of the listen

I agree but not in the last part... meaningful songs ruined by pop samples?? and Eminem become a people pleaser?? hahaha... and what else?? Have we forgotten whom is Eminem actually?? (and I'm not talking about Marshall Mathers) Eminem is a rapper, and rappers don't give a fuck about what people wants, what people needs. That is what real rappers do and I'm not wondering if Em is one of these real rappers because that would be a waste of time.... I don't think he sold his art to a bunch of guys that only want to listen to him doing a song with Rihanna (in fact, I don't like this song very much). He shouts his shit, his life, he says what he thinks without being afraid ( A song called... "Not Afraid", you remember it?) the fact is he has evolved as artist. He isn't already that young guy who said shit of everything and everybody. He still says shits but in an other way, more mature... more deep, I guess, and I like this "new" Eminem, more than the other one, the old one.

Everybody knows that Slim Shady gave him the step to get the glorious but I think it's time EMINEM comes out and shows out what he is in reality. Welcome again to the show, to HIS show.
Your Mind For A Different View and... NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

LSR
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby tomatopie » Feb 15th, '12, 01:33

Sergio M. wrote:

shut your ass up, Eminem is a sell-out the only thing that he has to back up the fact is that he is still a great rapper but Relapse & Recovery are equally flawed therefore should had equal recognition ....BITCH
tomatopie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby dgentz » Feb 15th, '12, 21:25

tomatopie wrote:
Sergio M. wrote:

shut your ass up, Eminem is a sell-out the only thing that he has to back up the fact is that he is still a great rapper but Relapse & Recovery are equally flawed therefore should had equal recognition ....BITCH

he's a sell out? lol. you fail. so because he's grown as an artist and evolved he's a sell out? ooookayyy....
dgentz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LSR » Feb 15th, '12, 21:28

dgentz wrote:
he's a sell out? lol. you fail. so because he's grown as an artist and evolved he's a sell out? ooookayyy....

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Your Mind For A Different View and... NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

LSR
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Sergio M. » Feb 15th, '12, 22:21

dgentz wrote:he's a sell out? lol. you fail. so because he's grown as an artist and evolved he's a sell out? ooookayyy....

That's why i didn't reply him. :facepalm
Follow: @TeamRoyce59

I'm brazilian...
Sergio M.
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby tomatopie » Feb 16th, '12, 00:40

maybe as a person he's matured ? no he's always been a wonderful artist but all the sudden people started giving him credit so shut your fucking mouth dude . HE IS A SELL OUT ! HE DISSED RELAPSE (HIS OWN WORK OF ART) though it's mediocre it's still dope and Recovery was good but wtf he replaced the accents with yelling , weak gay punchlines (which were never his specialty) and soft rock pop samples so HE IS A SELL OUT ! A FUCKING PEOPLE PLEASER ......BITCH
tomatopie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Gsgpromotions » Mar 26th, '12, 16:06

em is the goat
Gsgpromotions
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Kill You » Mar 28th, '12, 14:34

tomatopie wrote:maybe as a person he's matured ? no he's always been a wonderful artist but all the sudden people started giving him credit so shut your fucking mouth dude . HE IS A SELL OUT ! HE DISSED RELAPSE (HIS OWN WORK OF ART) though it's mediocre it's still dope and Recovery was good but wtf he replaced the accents with yelling , weak gay punchlines (which were never his specialty) and soft rock pop samples so HE IS A SELL OUT ! A FUCKING PEOPLE PLEASER ......BITCH

You sound incredibly angry. Broadening your horizons suddenly means you're a sell out. :facepalm
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby tomatopie » Mar 31st, '12, 19:45

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Kill You wrote:
tomatopie wrote:maybe as a person he's matured ? no he's always been a wonderful artist but all the sudden people started giving him credit so shut your fucking mouth dude . HE IS A SELL OUT ! HE DISSED RELAPSE (HIS OWN WORK OF ART) though it's mediocre it's still dope and Recovery was good but wtf he replaced the accents with yelling , weak gay punchlines (which were never his specialty) and soft rock pop samples so HE IS A SELL OUT ! A FUCKING PEOPLE PLEASER ......BITCH

You sound incredibly angry. Broadening your horizons suddenly means you're a sell out. :facepalm

Exactly what I was saying. This guy doesn't even seem to understand what a sell out is.

im saying that over the years people have bashed em for everything he's ever done you all know . but when people were like "ohh FUCK relapse was garbage!" he caved in and started to agree with the fact that it was garbage (when it wasnt) they both have huge flaws but arent garbage i just hate the fact the people seem to think that they should both be considered classics or one should be placed in a higher place than the other . all these kids and even adults all the sudden listen to eminem since recovery and automatically think that thats his best album idk man i think it's bull thats all
tomatopie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby tomatopie » Mar 31st, '12, 19:47

evolved as an artist he has , as a rapper ! no he's actually somewhat downgraded and changed his style to something he hasnt perfected . i cant be the only one who sees how much he stumbles on recovery come on!
tomatopie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Next

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates