The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

STEVE SPAG - Left Overs Mixtape

STEVE SPAG - Left Overs Mixtape

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 23rd, '12, 19:18

I was going to release this tomorrow but I got bored this morning, so here it is. Big thanks to TGB (Scrubz) for providing some beats, other producers on there including Big Ax-D, Life & Death Productions, Kaz Productions, Scarecrow Beats, Atomic Beats, Bojangles, All Rounda Productions, and a few bangers from my homie Chris Chase. Thanks to my dude Noel for the dope cover (you don't know him). Also thanks to the people who featured, Ax, Dubs, Danny, Scrubz. This is the very first tape I've mixed on my own (other than the track with Ax and Asher), so I'm pretty damn proud of that fact. Hope you guys enjoy this tape as much as I do, next release will be on iTunes again for 4/20, hope to catch you all there!

Hot New Hip Hop - http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/steve-spag- ... 46584.html
Single File Download - http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2juci

1. Live It Up (Produced By Chris Chase)
2. High On Love Feat. Big Ax-D & D. Dubs (Produced By Big Ax-D)
3. Music Love Feat. Scrubz (Produced By TGB Productions)
4. Spaceship (Produced By TGB Productions)
5. N M E (Produced By All Rounda Productions)
6. Rap Star (Produced By Chris Chase)
7. Pabst & Jazz Refill Feat. Asher Roth, Hassani Kwess, Kenny Keys
8. New Age Horror Scene (Produced By TGB Productions)
9. Animals (Produced By Chris Chase)
10. Reality Check (Produced By Kaz Productions)
11. Across The Sky (Produced By Bojangles)
12. My Happy Ending (Produced By Life & Death Productions)
13. Froggy Feeling (Produced By Atomic Beats)
14. Disgusting, Adorable (Produced By Life & Death Productions)
15. Cinderella Feat. Danny Thomas (Produced By Scarecrow Beats)
16. I Hear Them Feat. Kid Cudi (Produced By Eminem)

:b:

Link Of Feedback; viewtopic.php?f=38&t=143458
Last edited by Steve Spag on Feb 24th, '12, 16:23, edited 3 times in total.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Re: STEVE SPAG - Left Over's Mixtape

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 23rd, '12, 19:32

like I said, awsome cover, I'll download it tomorrow
I produced the High On Love joint btw
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 23rd, '12, 19:59

Yes you did, forgot about that one, adding it now!
Looking forward to your thoughts!
:worship:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SG. » Feb 23rd, '12, 20:21

You son of a bitch! I was gonna use that Cudi joint, you bastard!

Downloading now. :p
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 23rd, '12, 20:48

Haha, I've had that track planned for like 2 years probably, I'm surprised no one other than Nasty has remixed it (to my knowledge). My remix is now one of my personal favourite tracks, I'm so happy with the way it turned out!
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Re: STEVE SPAG - Left Overs Mixtape

Postby mdemaz » Feb 24th, '12, 13:28

Ok, I bumped the entire album while sleeping roughly around 50 times, so I can give you some detailed feedback here.

1. Live It Up

We are treated with a unusual intro and then we are hit with some airy pads and interesting vocals by Steve, the vocal quality seems to have improved dramatically since last year, I'm guessing you've been practicing extremely hard after taking a few blows critically by a few people recently.
The hook is nothing special, but it is catchy with the beat, the dubstep fill is interesting, it gives it a modern feel while not conforming to the same old WUBWUB shit you hear in all dubstep tracks these days.
The vocal solo afterwards is interesting.
I loved whenever the pads came in.

2. High On Love (Feat. Big Ax-D & D. Dubs)

As usually Ax greets us with a interesting hook and then we are bombarded with aggressive vocals by Steve.
I don't not care much for the beat, but it is a bit catchy sometimes.
The hook is pretty messy.

Great verse by Ax.
Dubs sorta sounds like Bugz, I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth, haha,.
He sort of has a weird delivery which changes his vocal tone like a modulator would changing the pitch of something.

A interesting approach by Dubs anyway.

3. Music Love (Feat. Scrubz)

Interesting beat and vocals.
I think this is a sort of normal track to be honest, I'm not really impressed with it musically, but that's just me.
The lyrics are of high quality, which is something I care about as much as the music, so yeah.

Scrubz's vocals sound a bit out of place compared to Steve's, I would suggest whoever mixed the track to tweak the EQ of the vocals and add the effects and whatnot Steve had on his vocals and transfer them to Scrubz's vocals or whoever is featuring on the track next time so it sounds like whoever is featuring with Steve is recording on same studio microphone together.
So yeah, still a great track lyrically.

4. Spaceship

I knew you had a love of space and such, so do I.
This song was quite enjoyable with great pads and drums.
Nothing much I can say, it's just a great track.

5. N.M.E.

Obviously one of the best tracks on the tape.
Great acoustic guitar sample, but it sounded badly looped, haha.
Oh well, this great song is easily one of my favorite tracks on the tape.
The hook is just awesome. Enough said.

6. Rap Star

Pretty...Um, aggressive track.
The beat is really dirty and harsh, great for this type of song.
This track still has those awesome pads, I've noticed a lot of tracks on this tape make use of electronic music elements.

7. Pabst & Jazz Refill (Feat. Asher Roth, Hassani Kwess & Kenny Keys)

Well, this is a nice mash up.
Your verse is great Steve.

8. New Age Horror Scene

So yeah, I fed this before, but this seems to have better quality then the original.
You make use of the same vocal delivery as usually, it's great that you have grasp onto your style.
I said it before and I'll say it again, AWESOME PADS!

9. Animals

Really dark beat and lyrics here.
I like this track a fair bit.
The way you talk about stuff like the internet and such is interesting, you seem to really rap about what you think in your head.

10. Reality Check

Interesting beat.
Well, the like the vinyl scratches and such.
Your vocals are pretty low on the mix.
Well a few other songs are like this, I would of told the producer to probably turn down some sounds on the beat to give room for the vocals to make a better presence.
The sudden ending of the track is a bit unexpected.

11. Across The Sky

Well yeah, this is obviously another excellent song off this tape.
The hook is really catchy and hypnotizing.
Your vocal delivery and quality is better then the previous track.
I love the way you shout but at the same time you make it sound interesting using different tones and structure with the way you pronounce words and such.

Anyway yeah, easily one of the best tracks on the tape.

12. My Happy Ending

Yeah, I had my heart broken.
No more.
The track sounds really mono, which is a bit disappointing.
But the lyrics and vocals are great.
The hook is a bit disappointing, your vocals lack a good tone while singing.
The verses are still pretty good, it's only the hook I dislike.

13. Froggy Feeling

I have no idea what is happening at the intro.
But damn, nice chopping, I didn't think you were the type of rapper that chops, but damn, pretty good work there.
I found it a bit hard to hear the vocals a little bit though.
The beat is fucking nuts, all sorts of shit is happening.
The sudden end of the song is a bit awkward.

14. Disgusting, Adorable

Great beat here.
Interesting shout out.
Pretty good verses.
The track seems a bit short.
I wouldn't really call the hook a hook, just rapping a chorus, haha.

15. Cinderella (Feat. Danny Thomas)

Easily one of my favorite tracks on the tape.
Very good soothing beat and good verse by Danny.
The hook is REALLY catchy.
Nice one Steve.
This is sort of a R&B and hardcore joint.

16. I Hear Them (Feat. Kid Cudi) (Produced By Eminem)

Great beat, naturally, lol.
Awesome hook, really catchy and well done.
Cool verses and such.

Overall, you really outdone yourself this time.
I'm hoping you continue to elevate your skills in production and recording.

Peace out.
Last edited by mdemaz on Feb 24th, '12, 15:52, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 24th, '12, 15:22

WOW, thanks for the indepth feed man, I'm really pleased with your reaction to the tape and I thank you a billion times for your compliments! Glad you've noticed I've been working hard on the mixing end, I'm still not quite "there" yet but I'm finding my way. Thanks for checking the tape and I'm happy you're feeling it!
:b:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby FreeSpeech » Mar 3rd, '12, 03:20

-the beats you chose do not go together at all
-the way you drag out syllables is terrible, sounds like you have asthma and are trying too hard
-amateur lyrics
-try layering vocals so it isn't so monotonous
-the sound quality is good, good sound levels. Aside from the actual music it sounds good

Just curious, is this your profession? Do you have a side job or just live at home? Because you got 17 DLs on this, I can't imagine you make much off rap.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 3rd, '12, 04:46

FreeSpeech wrote:-the beats you chose do not go together at all
-the way you drag out syllables is terrible, sounds like you have asthma and are trying too hard
-amateur lyrics
-the sound quality is good, good sound levels. Aside from the actual music it sounds good

Just curious, is this your profession? Do you have a side job or just live at home? Because you got 17 DLs on this, I can't imagine you make much off rap.

- Your opinion, I and others think they sound pretty dope.
- Okay...
- Sure
- I like my tone
- Thanks?

17 downloads from that site man for individual songs, it's up and doing well on other sites.
Just remember that just because you don't like something it doesn't mean others won't or don't. I am VERY pleased with my fans and the amount of love I get on a DAILY basis!

On to the next one....
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby FreeSpeech » Mar 3rd, '12, 05:08

Steve Spag wrote:
FreeSpeech wrote:-the beats you chose do not go together at all
-amateur lyrics

- Your opinion, I and others think they sound pretty dope.
- Okay...
- Sure
- I like my tone
- Thanks?

17 downloads from that site man for individual songs, it's up and doing well on other sites.
Just remember that just because you don't like something it doesn't mean others won't or don't. I am VERY pleased with my fans and the amount of love I get on a DAILY basis!

On to the next one....

Ya and it's an opinion. Dude, you're the shittiest at taking feedback. Have you EVER gotten your stuff featured on a legit music blog? 2dopeboyz posts anyone half way decent. Have you EVER had your shit reviewed by a legit magazine or any real media source? Have you ever even opened a show for a a somewhat established artist?

You need to realize you aren't nearly as good as you think. Take feedback or wind up being 45 and still selling mixtapes to your mom's friends.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 3rd, '12, 05:28

I disagree with you so I'm shitty at taking feedback? LOL
Have I been on a legit site? No, I've never sent my material to official sites, but I have met with people from Universal Records in Canada who dig my music. I've been on local radio shows, I've done my shows, and some up and coming Artists who I talk to seem to like my music as well. Like I said, just because YOU don't dig what I do doesn't mean others don't. I never said I was God at Rap, but who the fuck are you to tell me what I'm doing isn't good? Shut up if you don't like it, you think I care what someone (YOU) who doesn't like my music has so say? FUCK NO, I care about what my fans say, and so far so good. Like I said, I ain't perfect but I sure ain't shit I'll tell you that much.
:y:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby FreeSpeech » Mar 3rd, '12, 05:40

Steve Spag wrote:I disagree with you so I'm shitty at taking feedback? LOL
Have I been on a legit site? No, I've never sent my material to official sites, but I have met with people from Universal Records in Canada who dig my music. I've been on local radio shows, I've done my shows, and some up and coming Artists who I talk to seem to like my music as well. Like I said, just because YOU don't dig what I do doesn't mean others don't. I never said I was God at Rap, but who the fuck are you to tell me what I'm doing isn't good? Shut up if you don't like it, you think I care what someone (YOU) who doesn't like my music has so say? FUCK NO, I care about what my fans say, and so far so good. Like I said, I ain't perfect but I sure ain't shit I'll tell you that much.

So you don't even promote your music?

Are you content to post your little mixtapes on forums for the rest of your life? What is your overall plan? I think I remember you saying you're like 23? Shit man, pretty much all rappers are getting looks by then if they're any good. Sure they may not blow up nationally, but even dudes like Danny Brown or Elzhi were doing way more at 23. You just float around on an Eminem forum.

Seriously, what's your overall plan with this? You think an A&R is randomly gonna find you on TRShady? I'm trying to help you dude, you're delusional.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 3rd, '12, 05:46

FreeSpeech wrote:

Are you content to post your little mixtapes on forums for the rest of your life? What is your overall plan? I think I remember you saying you're like 23? Shit man, pretty much all rappers are getting looks by then if they're any good. Sure they may not blow up nationally, but even dudes like Danny Brown or Elzhi were doing way more at 23. You just float around on an Eminem forum.

Seriously, what's your overall plan with this? You think an A&R is randomly gonna find you on TRShady? I'm trying to help you dude, you're delusional.

Mannnn, nothing happens over night. I appreciate the "support" but you're not my manager. I'm not in a hurry to blow up like these kids that will be forgotten in a few years, don't worry about my plans and let ME focus on them.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby FreeSpeech » Mar 3rd, '12, 05:57

Steve Spag wrote:
FreeSpeech wrote:

Mannnn, nothing happens over night. I appreciate the "support" but you're not my manager. I'm not in a hurry to blow up like these kids that will be forgotten in a few years, don't worry about my plans and let ME focus on them.
Newsflash: you are no where close to blowing up and you're already considered old for a new rapper. You are literally wasting years of your life. Your music has no unique aspect and you have no real fanbase. You don't have a signature sound or anything. You put out tons of tapes, and every single one gets what, like 2 or 3 hundred plays max?

I respect that you are trying, but I can say with 100% certainty you are not doing this right. Everything you do screams amateur and sounds like something a 15 year old would do.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SG. » Mar 4th, '12, 20:26

I'm just gonna give some general feedback.

A lot of the time, your voice is too aggressive for the song. Put it this way, if you were on the Yelawolf song "Get Away", you'd be Mystikal.

However, your beat selection is quite good, and your lyrics are on point. Good job.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Next

Return to A.S. Collections