The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Em donates item to auction to raise $ for disabled MI vet

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Em donates item to auction to raise $ for disabled MI vet

Postby Amaranthine » May 24th, '12, 14:30

RICHVILLE, MI — The Detroit Red Wings, Eminem and Ted Nugent are among those who have donated items to be auctioned off Sunday during a spaghetti dinner at the Richville American Legion Post to raise funds for the Mills Family Fund.

The Richville post, 9890 Sanilac, and the Yellow Ribbon Guard are hosting the event from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. May 27.

Travis Mills, 25, lost parts of his arms and legs in an explosion April 10 while on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan. He is a 2005 Vassar High School graduate.

Judy Adams of the Richville American Legion said that former Lions have donated helmets and Gary Sinise gave an autographed photo.

"It's just incredible. I still have people calling me to tell me they have things to donate for the auctions," Adams said.

The True Value Hardware Store in Vassar donated a Webber grill worth $600. Granite sinks, necklaces and watches have been donated by various stores as well.

Local craftsman have designed pieces of furniture for the event, Adams said.

"One of the coolest things we have, in my opinion, is a hand-crafted stainless steel sculpture of an eagle flying. It's beautiful. One of Travis' friends and his dad made it," Adams said.

Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark in Frankenmuth gave a one-night stay for four people in the dragonfly room, four tickets to Splash Village, four dinner tickets and complimentary breakfast.

The Bavarian Inn Lodge and Restaurant in Frankenmuth donated a night in their whirlpool suite and dinner tickets for up to four people.

"We've really had a major response from everyone. They all want to help," said Adams.

Other items include golf outings, quilts, cigars, luggage sets and T-shirts.

"We're even going to have stuff for kids, like stuffed animals, so they can get their tickets and pick things out. We want everyone involved."

The silent auction will begin at 2 p.m. and the live auction at 4 p.m.

Jim Kramer from radio station 98.1 WKCQ-FM will be hosting the live auction.

The suggested donation for the event is $10 for adults and $5 for children.

Mills' brother, Zachary, and sister-in-law, Kassandra Mills, visited him at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center a few weeks ago. Kassandra Mills said it's inspiring to see how upbeat he has been throughout the last six weeks.

"It's so crazy to see how happy he can be with everything that has happened," she said.

Mills' wife, Kelsey, posted a video of her husband on Facebook earlier this week. In the video, he shows that he can roll and sit up on his own — things he couldn't do a few weeks ago.

Kelsey Mills calls him her hero and an inspiration.

On Sunday, crowds gathered at Vassar High School for a benefit baseball game. The teams wore uniforms with Mills' name on the back.

Other fundraisers throughout the country have raised thousands of dollars for Mills and his family.

Source
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Em donates item to auction to raise $ for disabled MI ve

Postby Blu » May 24th, '12, 23:06

So what'd he donate?
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TheEvent » May 28th, '12, 15:08

I think Chaos Kid got to him before he died.. R.I.P.
TheEvent
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Words » May 31st, '12, 13:44

It's amazing that someone who has created the music he has, could do something.....nice. I guess this is just another point to the fact the he is a much different person off record. :y: :y:

A lot of people ask me.. stupid fucking questions
A lot of people think that.. what I say on records
or what I talk about on a record, that I actually do in real life
or that I believe in it
Or if I say that, I wanna kill somebody, that..
I'm actually gonna do it
or that I believe in it
Well, shit.. if you believe that
then I'll kill you
You know why?
Blu wrote:I think Words is my new favorite member.. haha Thanks man! :y:
Words
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Emadyville » Jun 25th, '12, 18:58

good to read stories like this