The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem Confirms He's Working on His New Solo Album

Check here for the latest Eminem/Shady Records related news. Also, downloadable media along with important news on the Shady sites.

Re: Eminem Confirms He's Working on His New Solo Album

Postby Words » Jul 31st, '12, 14:27

I just hope he makes a fantastic album that I'll want to keep replaying over and over again. He has never really let me down when it comes to his albums. Even the ones that most people say are Em at his worst, I still enjoy and can find a handful of great songs on each one. I assume this album will be no different, he'll kill it.
Blu wrote:I think Words is my new favorite member.. haha Thanks man! :y:
Words
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Sam. » Jul 31st, '12, 21:54

TheSlimShadyArchive wrote:
Sam. wrote:Very true, partially. Relapse and Recovery being two different tangents touching his Album circle(Little bit of Geometry here, observe), It would be crazy to even think about the exact direction to his next Album. I think it would cover more open to life like topics, story telling, and not the usual thing that he did on Recovery. I also feel that it would notch an arc musically, just a gut instinct.

True, true!
But I hope, and feel like Eminem just had to get that "positive" stuff out of his system. Because almost all the features and almost all the songs on Bad Meets Evil, he is back to that Evil, Slim Shady-style. Not the same Shady that was on Relapse or the two first albums but he has found something new but still kind of like the old stuff to, and I love it. I really hope i'm right, because if he drops a bunch of love-songs like on Recovery (even tho Recovery had some good songs like Cold Wind Blows, On Fire and the hidden track) I'll probebly stop following him.

I doubt it. A topic once touched is not re-done, apart from his usual bitch slappin, set a hoe on fire thing. I won't mind another love song; I just want the Album, damn it.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Man In The Mirror » Aug 2nd, '12, 20:55

Sam. wrote:
TheSlimShadyArchive wrote:
Sam. wrote:Very true, partially. Relapse and Recovery being two different tangents touching his Album circle(Little bit of Geometry here, observe), It would be crazy to even think about the exact direction to his next Album. I think it would cover more open to life like topics, story telling, and not the usual thing that he did on Recovery. I also feel that it would notch an arc musically, just a gut instinct.

True, true!
But I hope, and feel like Eminem just had to get that "positive" stuff out of his system. Because almost all the features and almost all the songs on Bad Meets Evil, he is back to that Evil, Slim Shady-style. Not the same Shady that was on Relapse or the two first albums but he has found something new but still kind of like the old stuff to, and I love it. I really hope i'm right, because if he drops a bunch of love-songs like on Recovery (even tho Recovery had some good songs like Cold Wind Blows, On Fire and the hidden track) I'll probebly stop following him.

I doubt it. A topic once touched is not re-done, apart from his usual bitch slappin, set a hoe on fire thing. I won't mind another love song; I just want the Album, damn it.

Let's hope it's an album with "bitch slappin, set a hoe on fire"-songs insted of "love the way you lie"-songs.
Man In The Mirror
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Sam. » Aug 2nd, '12, 23:08

Hell, for once he shouldn't do both.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Man In The Mirror » Aug 4th, '12, 18:20

Sam. wrote:Hell, for once he shouldn't do both.

U kiddin? Em's the best when he's evil and rap about slappin' bitches. Hehehe
Man In The Mirror
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Sam. » Aug 5th, '12, 20:53

But, that's getting old. Herp derp, that's all I can hear when he says that on the EP. So boring.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Doodlebug » Nov 11th, '12, 14:29

Man In The Mirror wrote:
Let's hope it's an album with "bitch slappin, set a hoe on fire"-songs insted of "love the way you lie"-songs.

I'm an older person (50 this year). So want to give my 2cents.

I have always been a tough girl and even at my age tend to make people nervous because I'm that quiet one in the back that never cracks a joke or much of smile.

I've been down the -oh poor me- track of music, the -feel sorry for myself- and of course the -will never know love-.

Then I started marking things on my YouTube account to listen to and actually ran across the "Love the Way You Lie" parody... and started back tracking to look at the original Eminem created.

Then I started listening to his other stuff and okay - on my birthday, went up the road and bought 4 albums and I was hooked.

The fight > the energy > the anger.. I related to and the funny stuff - was just icing on the cake. I love how he pulls them all together to tell a story - and how funny some of them are. The language does not bother me and one of my favorites is "My Music Box". I know its gory but it's how he casually goes about singing it - that gets me.

I tossed out all of my old music - tired of the sappy tunes that hold you in dark emotions ....

I have five daughters and first time they got in the car and tapped my CD player - they heard "na na na from the With Out Me" cut - on high volume - they chuckled at said - "mom found her music" and I was singing along w/ the song.

I used to get in my car and drive to work with songs soo... sad.. my day was spent in a blueness.. but when I put on Eminem's music - I feel energized, zip through the traffic fearlessly and I am just.. better..

So I love the funny, the angry, the ... control - in his music and hope he realizes how music can help someone refind who they used to be.

Sure I'm older - but I love that I've rediscovered that tough part of me I thought was gone. Music really does set the stage for the day... and you .. merely walk out and do your thing :)

Yeah I listen to it at work when I can... and some parts - just impossible to not smile to.. he can be soo silly :P
>> call me Deb...
We are the children of pain.... educated by hurt..." - Deb
Doodlebug
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby the real slim shady » Nov 11th, '12, 14:39

Doodlebug wrote:when I put on Eminem's music - I feel energized, zip through the traffic fearlessly and I am just.. better..

yeah thats not a great idea

i agree overall though, the way marshall brings everything together to make music that sometimes you cant help enjoying and getting pulled into. Thats something i dont think many other rappers do... but i think all of his music is that way. The older, darker stuff is powerful, in a different way. If im just going to listen to some music then a bit of recovery or maybe relapse, but for working out or homework or something i normally go for his older music, i find its more focused.

The best thing is when im doing some boring work, i can just put on some eminem and get carried away in the music and actually enjoy doing something thats just boring.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Previous

Return to Eminem News and Site Updates