The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What happened to all the TR Rappers?

What happened to all the TR Rappers?

Postby classthe_king » Sep 20th, '12, 15:36

Bar was signed to that label where he's from and seemed to be poppin with Snow but then he seemed to just completely disappear.

Steve Spag was supposedly signed to some label where he was promising big things but then he completely disappeared as well.

I saw Big Ax-D's thread but Kez, Tash, Chambers, etc all seemed to be growing and getting bigger and then all of them just fell off. Anyone know anything?
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Re: What happened to all the TR Rappers?

Postby Le Tunisien » Sep 20th, '12, 16:03

dont worry about them they will be back soon im guessin , they must be too busy with real life issues and stuff..and for steve spag he might be featured in my upcomming tape 'No Shame' :)))
Le Tunisien
Role Model
Role Model

Postby AbramIsaac » Sep 20th, '12, 17:45

The rappers all died.

I'm still here though. Finishing up the album, planning the branding and social media shit shortly after.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Sep 20th, '12, 18:33

AbramIsaac wrote: planning the branding and social media shit shortly after.

That's the hardest part about being a rapper, still not sure how to successfully do this yet, especially with Facebook dying and being replaced by twitter.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby AbramIsaac » Sep 20th, '12, 18:47

Yeah, it's definitely one of those things that takes a bit to kick off I think.

That's why I've avoided putting much up until I can have a better idea of what I want to put forward. I have a plan to some extent, but even then, it really just comes down to certain people sharing your music with people that value their opinion and it taking off from there.

I really don't know what the best way to go about it is though. I'm not even good at the whole social networking thing amongst people I actually know.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SG. » Sep 20th, '12, 19:10

Well, Kez is supposed to drop an album extremely soon… at some point in the next few weeks.

As for everyone else, I suppose life got in the way.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby 12characters » Sep 21st, '12, 01:03

I've only really heard you on features, Class. :-k

I want to hear the new Aldous Haze project though!
#Abram2.0
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Steve Spag » Sep 21st, '12, 01:21

I still do music, just don't post it on this site anymore. Not enough time to ass-kiss other members for opinions I could care less about. Don't get it twisted, I care, I'm just too old and have been doing this for too long to listen to other people tell me what they want to hear. I'm very content where I'm at.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Sep 21st, '12, 01:34

Steve Spag wrote:I still do music, just don't post it on this site anymore. Not enough time to ass-kiss other members for opinions I could care less about. Don't get it twisted, I care, I'm just too old and have been doing this for too long to listen to other people tell me what they want to hear. I'm very content where I'm at.

Where do you post it? I was subscribed to your youtube but haven't seen anything there in awhile.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Steve Spag » Sep 21st, '12, 01:40

classthe_king wrote:
Steve Spag wrote:I still do music, just don't post it on this site anymore. Not enough time to ass-kiss other members for opinions I could care less about. Don't get it twisted, I care, I'm just too old and have been doing this for too long to listen to other people tell me what they want to hear. I'm very content where I'm at.

Where do you post it? I was subscribed to your youtube but haven't seen anything there in awhile.

http://www.soundclick.com/stevespag
I haven't uploaded on YouTube for a bit because I'm holding out to release an actual video. Not rushing it though, I'd rather wait and have a killer video instead of forcing it out in a hurry. "Like" my official page on Facebook as well, I stay connected with my fans there! I also have my CD still up on iTunes.

& you're right, I was signed but things didn't go as planned (as usual in the music biz). All good though, everything happens for a reason!
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Sep 21st, '12, 01:52

Steve Spag wrote:
classthe_king wrote:

http://www.soundclick.com/stevespag
I haven't uploaded on YouTube for a bit because I'm holding out to release an actual video. Not rushing it though, I'd rather wait and have a killer video instead of forcing it out in a hurry. "Like" my official page on Facebook as well, I stay connected with my fans there! I also have my CD still up on iTunes.

& you're right, I was signed but things didn't go as planned (as usual in the music biz). All good though, everything happens for a reason!

I deleted my Facebook when I moved to college, that also made it harder to keep track of rappers. I'll be looking out for that music video though.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Blu » Sep 21st, '12, 01:54

Well, considering they're not very original, innovative, artistic, or entertaining...I'd say they all died off. I have yet to listen to a song from a TR rapper that I actually enjoyed.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby classthe_king » Sep 21st, '12, 01:58

Blu wrote:Well, considering they're not very original, innovative, artistic, or entertaining...I'd say they all died off. I have yet to listen to a song from a TR rapper that I actually enjoyed.

What have you heard from me?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Steve Spag » Sep 21st, '12, 02:12

Blu wrote:Well, considering they're not very original, innovative, artistic, or entertaining...I'd say they all died off. I have yet to listen to a song from a TR rapper that I actually enjoyed.

Another reason I don't post here, people like these guys who just shit on people for following their dreams/doing what they love. I think you're on the wrong site if you haven't found a single song you like 'cause there are (or were at least) a lot very talented, original, entertaining artists. Quit hating, start participating.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Blu » Sep 21st, '12, 04:58

Steve Spag wrote:Another reason I don't post here, people like these guys who just shit on people for following their dreams/doing what they love. I think you're on the wrong site if you haven't found a single song you like 'cause there are (or were at least) a lot very talented, original, entertaining artists. Quit hating, start participating.

I'm not shitting on anyone. Yeah, follow your dreams, I'd actually encourage that. But when you think about it, TR is home to a lot of unoriginal emcee's who consider themselves professionals.
classthe_king wrote:What have you heard from me?

I haven't heard anything from you. But judging by what I heard around the forum, the Audio Stage was really at its peak when you and a few others were posting music.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to A.S. Lounge