The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Postby Tomer666 » Mar 24th, '13, 21:22

I sometimes think about whether I'm too old to start rapping, it seems like all the rappers who got famous while they are still young, they also started rapping at a very early age (mostly 13, or 14).
I'm 15 years old, I most likely won't get famous but honestly that's my goal in life, become a famous rapper, and that's who I am - I believe that dreams come true if you set your mind to it.
Dunno why everytime I think about my future I always come up with the thought that if I start rapping at 15 years old, I most likely won't get famous sooner than when I'll be about 25.

Anyways, instead of keeping and talking about some stupid stuff, I'll just get straight to my questions.
Do you think 15 is too old to start rapping? I mean to start recording, I've been listening to rap for a long ass time, but I only started actually recording a short while ago. (Before you say "it's never too late", I know I sound like a douchebag but I honestly don't wanna start getting recognition at 40 years old)

This one is going to be a stupid question, I aware you, but I just wanna hear your opinions.
Is becoming famous 4 years after you start rapping a fantasy that will never come true, or it's actually possible if you put in the effort? Are there any successful rappers that we all know, who got famous shortly after they start rapping? (For me, 5 years is still considered short, so if you know any go ahead and tell.)
Tomer666
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Age

Postby Chet Starr » Mar 24th, '13, 21:28

Alright, I've read a few of your threads, and I have one thing to say. It's going to be the best advice you have ever gotten.

Stop worrying so much about the little stuff. You will never get famous if you don't first dedicate yourself to the craft.

Don't worry about your age, don't worry if you write first, or find a beat first, just calm the fuck down and record.

Rap is suppose to be fun, you are seriously over thinking everything.

& no, your not going to be famous in four years, you will never be famous. The odds are stacked against you, so just try to have fun with rap. :b:
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby AbramIsaac » Mar 24th, '13, 21:28

1) Yelawolf didn't get his deal with Interscope until he was like 30.
and
2) Is 15 too old to start recording? No, that's ridiculous man. Your voice hasn't even been mature for very long, any earlier than that, and your voice would have been cracking.

If you want to be a famous rapper, you can do it whenever. To think that 15 is too old is a little bit crazy man. You just have to take the right steps and do what you need to do to make it happen. You have to make good music, and perform. Performing is the big part that separates the studio rat from the successful rapper, because that's how you make a buzz and generate the most fans.

Honestly though, your mindset seems a little short sighted. You're certainly not too old, but you might still be too young.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Solace » Mar 24th, '13, 21:30

Did you seriously just say 13 and 14 years of age is "very early" to start rapping and follow up asking if 15 is "too old"? You think that extra 1 year is gonna make a difference lolwtf?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby the real slim shady » Mar 24th, '13, 23:29

It takes a few years to get to the level that the people we all listen to are at, starting later doesnt put you at a disadvantage. Ive only started writing in the last 6 months (not posting here, dont ask), its not too late. Maybe you would get famous when youre 25 instead of 23. What a shame.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Return to A.S. Lounge