The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Guns

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Guns

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 16th, '13, 18:01

Yeah, I addressed that a couple pages back.

AbramIsaac wrote:I think another part of our reluctance to change anything about our gun laws in America is the fact that it's a right that is granted to us by our constitution. Some people look at it and say, "Well, these are incredibly sophisticated guns compared to what they had back then, there's no way they intended for people to have something like this" but it can be argued that the motivation for granting the populace the right to own guns is a security precaution. Some would argue that the founding fathers wanted the civilian population to have the ability to fight back against an oppressive government, in which case, it would make sense for us to not restrict gun rights very much.

Obviously, I'm not saying that we should ever do such a thing. An armed conflict with our own government would not only be a terrible thing, it would be ill-advised. Since we do have the most powerful military in the world, it would be stupid to think that some redneck with an AK-47 or an AR-15 would be able to hold off a helicopter or well-trained ground troops armed with grenades and M16's. Still, the argument stands that a well-armed citizenry is a deterrent against an overtly tyrannical government.

Personally, I'm not so sure about that argument. I don't have anything against bringing back the Clinton era Assault Weapons Ban, myself. Still, I think about what the writers of our constitution meant when they wrote that amendment, and I wonder what they would think of our current situation with gun violence, and whether or not it's worth it in order to keep that safeguard in place.

As far machine guns/automatics go, they are banned to most people in all practicality. You have to apply for a special permit from the ATF, it's a real pain in the ass. The criminals aren't the ones that are going to get that permit, so the full-auto weapons are already controlled well enough. The semi-auto AK-47s and AR-15s are the assault rifles.

I think that a restriction on high capacity magazines is a good place to start.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Apr 23rd, '13, 00:54

So uh...

I got my shotgun set up like I want it. It's purty.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Apr 23rd, '13, 03:33

I wish pump action shotguns were legal in Australia.

:(
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby pudding » Apr 15th, '14, 08:54

I only read a couple of pages so I might be proven wrong by what someone said prior but...

Having a gun is something that every citizen should have access to. Gun free zones don't work. Why do crazed people shoot up school (gun free zones) but not a gun shop? Because pretty much everyone at a gun shop has a gun or has access to a gun. These crazed men do NOT want retaliation, they don't like to be shot back at even if they want plan on committing suicide afterwards. Why? Because a lot of these crazed shooters want to be in control. You guys seem to say because the crazed shooters used guns, then the gun is the culprit. No, do not hold or blame the tool, an armed school officer stopped a crazed shooter from wreaking havoc. If that security officer did not have a gun then I can assure you, so many people would have gotten killed and the "guns" that could have saved all those kids would have been demonized as the gun who killed all those kids.
http://bearingarms.com/good-guy-with-a- ... -arapahoe/

The more people are armed, the safer imo. I think Switzerland has each one of its citizens or households to have at least one firearm and the crime rate is like the lowest in the world, (the gun crime rate is ridiculously low as well) http://libertycrier.com/why-switzerland ... the-world/

And no one has the right to tell anyone else how they can protect themselves and their families especially when you have no idea what that person has to go through daily. And plus you honestly do not have a clue when disaster is going to strike, and even with a gun you might die but the best you can do is prepare and try to prevent that from happening. Just think as much as a gun might have been bad (shooter killed 10 people with a gun), you have to look at the positive (someone who carried saved 10 innocent people from dying by shooting and neutralizing an armed hostile). The more people carry, the safer our society will be (of course educating them would be crucial, we cannot have idiots with guns). Think about these two situations, "an armed person goes into a connivence store and starts to shoot and murder every motherfucker and no one is carrying, the cops will get there but after the innocent people are all dead" vs. "an armed person goes into a connivence store and starts to shoot and murder every motherfucker in there but because everyone is carrying and so as a common good, they all turn bad guy into swiss cheese"... i think we can say we all like the second one better..

Sorry for making this so long, just passionate.

And think about if a lot of women carried... so many crimes against women (like rape) would diminish.

And sigh what makes it an assault weapon? How about AR15? And that high cap mag thing is bound to be a slippery slope, check out colion noir, that dude is amazing.

using an ar15 is completely reasonable to defend yourself, anyone who says, its overpowerful and is overkill is fucking retarded, when you're talking about you're life, you want the best shit you can get, of course without completely making the positives outweigh the negatives, carrying a nuke is not reasonable because it would kill yourself and everyone around you which is the exact opposite of what you're trying to do when you carry a weapon.

just don't be anti gun and look towards a carrier for help when shit hits the fan
pudding
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Lady chaos » Sep 24th, '14, 20:44

I love having guns all types of them lol. :8) so fun to shoot
Tivoli Gardens baddest.

goddess
Lady chaos
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby SliK » Sep 25th, '14, 00:22

The "no gun" policy in Australia is amazing.

It also means that if gangs/potential criminals are found with weapons, the weapons can't possibly be legal so there are charges you can lay. Raids were conducted recently and a "potential terrorists" was arrested because he had 4 illegally obtained bullets haha. Not even a gun.

For Australia and it's citizens, our gun laws have been brilliant.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby UofLCard » Sep 25th, '14, 00:27

I just don''t think gun laws would ever work properly in my country. They're implemented in Chicago, yet there are still dozens of shootings a year.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby TonyTilt » Sep 25th, '14, 00:30

UofLCard wrote:I just don''t think gun laws would ever work properly in my country. They're implemented in Chicago, yet there are still dozens of shootings a year.

There are way too many Gun activists in the US now. They'd start an army.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby UofLCard » Sep 25th, '14, 00:34

TonyTilt wrote:
UofLCard wrote:I just don''t think gun laws would ever work properly in my country. They're implemented in Chicago, yet there are still dozens of shootings a year.

There are way too many Gun activists in the US now. They'd start an army.

Exactly. I can just hear them squeal "Don't take away my freeeeeeedom, you commie!" if it ever were to happen.

UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby TonyTilt » Sep 25th, '14, 00:35

Hahah I know, although some gun laws do take away from responsible gun owners.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby UofLCard » Sep 25th, '14, 00:38

That's very true. Most owners are indeed responsible about them.

UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby TonyTilt » Sep 25th, '14, 00:45

The shitty ones really do ruin it for everybody though

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby mdemaz » Sep 25th, '14, 05:15

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people!

That are fired by guns... Yeah... Funny that...
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 25th, '14, 07:06

Gun control is a crock of shit
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier