The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Official Tennis Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Official Tennis Thread 2012

Postby momentsgolden » Aug 5th, '12, 23:10

Murray HAS won something important... i guess i have to start watching his matches. Federer has been ruthless this year though, i watched 2 of his games at the olympics and he really does have the game held down this season. Missed the final though :(
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Aug 31st, '12, 13:11

Roddick will retire after the US Open. :(

I've supported him since I can remember, it's such a shame he's decided to hang it up. Hopefully he will have a decent run in the US Open.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Innovation » Sep 5th, '12, 23:06

And that's Roddick's career over. :(
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby momentsgolden » Sep 6th, '12, 01:00

Innovation wrote:And that's Roddick's career over. :(

Nadal is out for the rest of the year too!! Kinda sad news for me over the weekend.
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Sep 11th, '12, 01:17

I missed the first 3 sets, but this is a thriller. Djokovic looks to have a bit more left in the tank. I think he'll take it.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ku53v » Sep 11th, '12, 06:39

Fucking Djokovic gave the game away.
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Sep 11th, '12, 12:43

Good for Murray. I wasn't his biggest fan at the start of the year, but I've grown to respect him a lot more. It's a huge achievement to win a major in this era of tennis. We're extremely lucky to witness 3 of the greatest players ever.

Still not too sure who to support now Roddick has retired.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby AJS2050 » Sep 11th, '12, 15:25

It was like clash of the titans. A 54 shot rally and many 30+ rallys it's crazy. Murray deserved it and what a year for him. He gives B.W. a run for BBC sports personality of the year. More grand slam titles will come and I can see many more finals between these two.

It's a shame Roddick has retired. He has always seemed like a really cool person. 30 seems to young to retire especially when Federer & S.Williams have both won titles this year and are both over 30. But I guess he knows it isn't gunna get any easier from there.
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » May 9th, '13, 21:06

Dimitrov fucked up Jokovic yesterday & is now beating up Wawrinka... Dude really could be the next big thing!

EDIT: Wawrinka turned it around.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Re: Official Tennis Thread 2013

Postby Innovation » May 22nd, '13, 10:52

Edited the title as opposed to creating a new thread.

I'm pleased to see Nadal coming back very strong, the game has missed him.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby momentsgolden » May 22nd, '13, 11:26

Man, after Monte Carlo i was really pumped up for the clay court season. Looked like an impressive field with Nole on form, Nadal good but quite vulnerable, federer out and rested, Murray with some focus and the outsiders like Del Potro really making a nuisance for themselves.

Since then Nole has basically given 2 tournaments away quite cheaply, Murray is injured and shit and Federer's defeat in the Rome final was so crushingly humiliatin i dont see him turning his season around.

Add tht the DOMINANT display of Serena williams and the French open looks nuthing short of a victory parade for the two.

Saw this on some1's twitter- let the ATP pay the other 126 players and have a best of seven between Nadal and Djokovic.

My sentiment exactly!!! Lol this is the only high profile match with real intrigue at this point. Hope the draw puts em on opposite sides and we get this final. Would be epic tbh
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Jun 2nd, '13, 23:55

Ku53v wrote:Fucking Djokovic gave the game away.

True...
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby momentsgolden » Jun 5th, '13, 08:05

Roger... Roger... Roger...
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Jun 5th, '13, 11:32

momentsgolden wrote:Roger... Roger... Roger...

Well Wimbledon is just behind the corner & that's his ground so we'll see if he still can compete with them younger cats. Murry was unlucky not to win it over him last year & then won the Olympic gold medal there against him so I guess this year is gonna be fucking tough for Roger... esp. as Murry won US Open too.

*Fixed
Last edited by Francesco on Jun 9th, '13, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby momentsgolden » Jun 8th, '13, 03:52

^wtf?!! Murry won french open? You mean US?

Well, i never liked Murray as a person... Something about his face annoys me lol In fact, with Roger's decline and Del Potro nd Berdych's inconsistencies... I am hoping Tsonga tightens up his game and starts challenging that top 4 ranking.

Now, to the match of the year.... Gutted. Absolutely gutted. When nole had that break in that final set i was sure he was gonna win. And yet, again he complains about the clay (like he did against Berdych), again he loses that focus and he loses the match with four unforced errors on serve.

Missed the second half of second set and the third... But from what i hear, he got injured somewhere. With that in mind, i feel that Djokovic at his best >>> any player on earth, on any surface at their best. The problem is he cant seem to maintain that level of consistency throught a single match. He will be good, but not amazing and lose the first set (like against Kholeshimer) and then "the lion awakes" in the second and he ups his game. As difficult as i know it sounds to be 100 % focused for 5 hours he should work on that. You cant give Nadal 2 sets for free and expect to win!!

Anyway, congrats to Nadal on that 8th title. He is a GOAT. Will Nole ever join that double grand slam company? That career slam company? That create your own history (calender slam) legends company? It doesnt look likely, but i'm routing for him to do so.
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena