The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Going Forward [LP] (Tracklist, Cover, Dates)

Going Forward [LP] (Tracklist, Cover, Dates)

Postby Eedee » Aug 5th, '13, 00:43

Front Cover: Mark Lee & Kira Maddox
Back Cover: Matrika Sue Photography & Kira Maddox

Friday, October 25, 2013
iTunes, Bandcamp, Amazon, Spotify, etc.
Physical CD orders will be available but for an extra cost. I gotta pay to ship it, yo.

This album right here is a culmination of about two years hard work. I wrote some of the songs a year and a half ago and only now am I confident I can get them across effectively. Most of this was made this summer. I took all the advice/critique/feedback everyone has ever given me and crafted, what I think, is a pretty damn solid album. Demaz and I went almost 50/50 on the production for this, so the overall sound is pretty consistent. Definitely sounds like an album than a mixtape! The only thing I ask is that when it drops, you give it a listen (buy it, download from the free mediafire link, whatever) and just feel the vibe, nahimean? Not to sound cliche but this project is my heart and soul. Literal blood (true story), sweat and tears went into this. What I'm trying to get at is: peep this!! :y:

I'll also be offering some discount codes for Bandcamp purchases.
I'll also upload the album to mediafire for free, but with mp3s so the quality won't be as good as if you buy it (I gotta encourage sales but at the same time TR will be able to listen for free. Though I would appreciate any support! The profit I get will go towards better recording equipment for my new house in Alaska.)

I also might be doing a live stream on something like Twitch.tv a few hours before it drops that night. Kinda just put the webcam on, hit play and just give you guys a little preview of what's to come. Something like a Budden stream or something. I'll work it out. :smoking:

01. Me [Prod. by Eedee]
02. To You (Going Forward) [Prod. by Eedee]
03. The Dream [Prod. by Eedee]
04. Chasm [Prod. by Demaz]
05. Atlas [Prod. by Demaz]
06. How The Heart Shrinks [Prod. by Eedee]
07. If Only She Knew [Prod. by Demaz]
08. Mirage [Prod. by Eedee]
09. Our Place (Interlude) [Prod. by Demaz]
10. Footsteps on the Beach (And The Moon) [Prod. by Demaz]
11. Butterflies [Prod. by Demaz]
12. Get Through [Prod. by Demaz]
13. I Want It [Prod. by Eedee]
14. Six Feet Under And Above [Prod. by Eedee]
15. Crowded Hallways [Prod. by Demaz]

16. 5 O'Clock (iTunes Bonus) [Prod. by Eedee]

Executive Producers: Mat Demaz & Eedee

Intro Promo Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ga6_q8m7g
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Re: Going Forward [LP] (Tracklist, Cover, Dates)

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 7th, '13, 07:24

will you be using that track I sent you?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Eedee » Aug 7th, '13, 07:30

Can I? For like... profit?

I've written for it and shit, just haven't gotten around to recording it.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Aug 7th, '13, 07:55

whew good shit brother, will look out for this and support it.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Eedee » Aug 7th, '13, 08:14

That honestly means so much, Pain. Thank you so much, man.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Aug 7th, '13, 09:06

Hey Ax, I just recorded for the track you sent for it. Are those samples royalty free or whatever? I'd like to use this for my iTunes bonus edition.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Atone » Aug 7th, '13, 09:54

How many projects are you workin on?
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Eedee » Aug 7th, '13, 15:13

Right now? 5.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Mr.DGAF » Aug 24th, '13, 08:01

Well, after a few listens and digesting, this is my spoiler free review of Eedee's debut album. I'll post a track by track review when it drops.

Going Forward:

Eedee's taken a lot of time to perfect this one. The saying "quality over quantity" rings true when thinking of this album. While its not perfect, it's the perfect sound for Eedee.

Without giving too much away, I will say this. The production is fantastic through the album. Mat and Eedee did a great job of keeping it sonically consistent and pleasing. Lots of great melodies and catchy sounds coming from the beats. It's also a break away from some of the poppy sounding beats Eedee has graced us with recently.

The hooks are outstanding. There's some really, really catchy shit on here for the hook. Mirage is a stand out on that front. Perfect blend of catchy yet meaningful.

The lyricism is a huge step in the right direction. Tighter lyrics allow for a better all around verse. The direction is clear through all songs, with little to no detour and an abundance of clarity in story telling. The rhymes may not be as packed in some areas, but each lyric is even more impactful because of this.

Flow is heaps better. This is something I've personally been trying to help Eedee with, though he's pretty much got it on his own. It's unique and interesting, often taking a few listens to fully catch all the subtle nuances.

I didn't think Eedee was capable of making music like this. Easily his best musical piece to date, and a solid album on general. One I find myself repeating on my own accord quite often. I'd give it a 7.3/10. Not quite perfect, but a great leap forward into what should be a promising musical career.

Fack
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Eedee » Aug 24th, '13, 08:04

^ Thanks, man. I appreciate the good looks. I hope the people who hear it, like it too!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Atone » Aug 25th, '13, 05:54

Mr.DGAF wrote:Well, after a few listens and digesting, this is my spoiler free review of Eedee's debut album. I'll post a track by track review when it drops.

Going Forward:

Eedee's taken a lot of time to perfect this one. The saying "quality over quantity" rings true when thinking of this album. While its not perfect, it's the perfect sound for Eedee.

Without giving too much away, I will say this. The production is fantastic through the album. Mat and Eedee did a great job of keeping it sonically consistent and pleasing. Lots of great melodies and catchy sounds coming from the beats. It's also a break away from some of the poppy sounding beats Eedee has graced us with recently.

The hooks are outstanding. There's some really, really catchy shit on here for the hook. Mirage is a stand out on that front. Perfect blend of catchy yet meaningful.

The lyricism is a huge step in the right direction. Tighter lyrics allow for a better all around verse. The direction is clear through all songs, with little to no detour and an abundance of clarity in story telling. The rhymes may not be as packed in some areas, but each lyric is even more impactful because of this.

Flow is heaps better. This is something I've personally been trying to help Eedee with, though he's pretty much got it on his own. It's unique and interesting, often taking a few listens to fully catch all the subtle nuances.

I didn't think Eedee was capable of making music like this. Easily his best musical piece to date, and a solid album on general. One I find myself repeating on my own accord quite often. I'd give it a 7.3/10. Not quite perfect, but a great leap forward into what should be a promising musical career.

Fack

this made it feel like a real life review, and makes me want to listen, exited for this, Eedee you've elevated
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Eedee » Aug 25th, '13, 11:36

Cheers Atone. Glad you're looking forward to it. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Sep 1st, '13, 19:49

Updated the OP.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Sep 1st, '13, 19:57

I honestly appreciate that. Thank you!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Sep 7th, '13, 06:23

I updated the OP with both a new front cover and the back cover with tracklist! I think they look pretty cool.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Next

Return to A.S. Lounge