The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Phoenix EP

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

The Phoenix EP

Postby Eedee » Sep 5th, '13, 20:18

Feed: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=163511&p=2308146#p2308146

https://eedee.bandcamp.com/album/the-phoenix-ep

You can stream it for free (lyrics are in the description for the songs).
You can download it for $3 USD.

The profits will go towards my studio set-up when I get back to Alaska. I appreciate all support. I just want you to listen, so stream it if you can't purchase it. :y: Much love, guys.

01. Square One (ft. Mat Demaz & Dilz)..............................[Prod. Demaz]
02. Hamartia ...........................................................[Prod. Eedee]
03. Pens With A Purpose (ft. Mr. DGAF & Dimes).................. [Prod. Demaz]
04. Give Me Time (ft. Mr. DGAF)..................................... [Prod. Eedee]
05. Looking Back (ft. Dilz, Mr. DGAF, & Shortii)....................[Prod. Eedee]
06. I Will Rise (Phoenix).............................................. [Prod. Demaz]
07. Victorious (Outro)................................................ [Prod. Eedee]
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Re: The Phoenix EP

Postby Mr.DGAF » Sep 5th, '13, 21:34

Square One
I love the intro to this haha, that beat is sinister. Opening scheme is sick, I see you shouting out my song with Dimes (Picture Frame), appreciate it mane. That was cool. I would slap a bitch too, this is a sick verse. You sound really, really confident. Flow slipped just a little but you recovered it quickly. Demaz has a nice hook, I think you sound a little less confident than usual, Idk why. Maybe just me, or may have just been that take or something because you sound much better on the verse. I quite enjoyed the verse; I like the kick the bucket line haha. Flow and clarity are a lot better than some of your older stuff. Dilz had a really good verse; I actually dig your delivery here. Sounded a bit more aggressive than usual, which is something I’ve been wanting from your stuff. Good job mane. Solid intro to the mixtape Bro Namath.

Hamartia
That fall asleep/nauseously scheme and flow was quite nice dude. That was a stick out for the first verse. I like the hook too, really upfront and honest. I suppose I should be expecting that though haha. The ambitious, I know scheme is nice too. There’s spurts of your rapping on this track that sounds just so comfortable, you’ve really stepped into your own as a rapper. Your flow is a bit crazy but it’s unique and sounds pretty good so I can’t complain tbh. I have no complaints with this song.

Pens with a Purpose
My favorite song off the mixtape yo. And that’s an honest opinion. I absolutely love this song haha. You have a great start to the track; flow’s tight and you sound laid back and mellow on the beat. Which fits quite well. The little interlude with milk is dope doe. Dimes killed the hook, fits the style of song perfectly. Mat did a great job mixing this too. And then damn. That last guy came in and killed it. Shit. This mixtape should have ended right after that verse, because wow. It was so good. But really, I think personally my delivery could’ve been a bit more emotional, this was recorded probably a month ago and I feel like I’ve improved even more in that category. Solid song hoes.

Give Me Time
I wasn’t a fan of the know the planet spins scheme but that’s my only problem with the first verse. It kind of throws the flow off a bit, and even though you’ve got some intricate rhyme schemes in there, it just doesn’t sound too pleasing. Technically it’s impressive, just was kinda weird on my ears. You redeemed it with that scheme to end the verse though, that was really fucking cool. I like the second verse personally, I know Dilz keeps telling you to stop rapping about the same girl haha so that line about the thirty songs to prove that line really hit me. That was cool. The third verse is fucking dope. Flow wise and delivery wise it’s my favorite. The getting slept on line is a bit off flow wise but delivery makes up for it, and the be awesome line is really cool. That’s my favorite line haha, it’s such a stand out line in terms of how serious the song is and then how playful that comment was. As for the hook, jesus. Someone should sign that guy. He killed the last song and then shows up on the hook and gets all melodic and shit. Wow. :y:

Looking Back
Dilz, powerful lyrics man. I really felt that verse tbh. I don’t really have anything to say about this one, it’s a good verse dude. The hook is dope, Shortii’s got some chops. She’s got a very unique voice, took me a minute to get used to it but then it connected. Eedee, I really dig your verse dude. Probably my favorite on the song. I remember you telling my about the story and all, and it really hit me. You’ve got some serious balls (and a beard) to just rap about close shit like this all the time. Wow, the last guy. I have to say, his delivery is a bit better than on PWAP. Sounds more passionate. He must’ve seen the feed I left on that song. Got a good flow too. I get the feeling this verse is about the same person as in PWAP, so he should probably stop rapping about that stupid fucking bitch and move on or something. Eh.

I Will Rise
This song has an epic feel. You’ve got a solid frame for flow on this one, but it slips a bit in the beginning. Your voice sounds super dope on this too, I dunno how to say it. This beat is seriously something else man, so damn good. Picks up on the hook and you match it, I love that shit. The schemes on the second verse is impressive dude, I like the internals on the same bar. The what’s the point scheme is dope too man. Dang. Third verse lyrics wise is dope as shit. The flow is a bit iffy but the beat drop is dope, I like the set up to that point and then it comes back into you rising again.

Victorious
Your flow on this is really smooth. Almost can’t even tell your rapping, you mimic the beat so well. I really dig this beat too, so uplifting. Sounds kinda like a Toy Story theme, which is fine because toy story is fucking AMAZING. Eedee getting Woody on us (get it).

Thanks for having me on it, and can't wait for Going Forward to get released.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Eedee » Sep 5th, '13, 21:47

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I love you, mane.

But seriously, great feed. Appreciate it. Thanks for doing your thang on the songs. :b:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby FxTDilz » Sep 9th, '13, 04:27

Square One.
I've been telling you all year to do a song like this lol, bout time to get a kim type song out of this wannabe eminem :P. I don't like your "ight hoe" line it sounds a little awkward but the rest is sweet. Probably one of mats best verses I've heard him do, lyric and delivery wise. With my verse I kinda wish I went back and did the little adlibs between lines like you two so my verse fits with the song a bit better lol.

Hamartia:
This beat is dope. I like this song bro, the hook sounds a little to similar to all your others though. I don't REALLY like the delayed adlib thing you do on some songs but it actually worked with this song if thats what your using lol, especially on the 3rd verse.

Pens with a Purpose:
The beat has a such a classic sound to it, sounds nice. don't like the hook, the autotune makes it sound a bit off.. lyrics are cool though. Mr. Dgaf went hard on this verse, I'm still not used to his delivery but love his flow and lyrics. His adlibs were turnt up a bit loud though like the "get it" and "kinda" overpowered the verse volume.

Give Me Time:
not the biggest fan of this beat. Your delivery gets so fucking dope when you get into the angrier vibes in your verses, sounds cool and fits well. Definitely getting tired of you talking bout your ex though. The hook has something in the background behind the main vocals and it kills it, sounds to jumbled up. but other than that was nice hook. The little bridge at the end was my favourite part.

Looking Back:
Was never really the biggest fan of this beat but it's definitely growing on me. I wish I delivered my verse a bit better. I love the hook and I'm happy me and shortii spent so much time on it lol. Bout time you got a chick on a hook :P . Your verse is cool on this, it gets stuck in my head haha. I always thought this was about your ex though? good that it's not lol. Mr. Dgaf I'm seeing you alot on this ep lol. love your lyrics on this. flow sounded a little off at some points but not that bad and the rest definitely makes up for it.

I will Rise (Phoenix):
For some reason this isn't playing when I try and play it but I've already told you what I thought of this song, it's dope lol.

outro:
Cool little beat thing man, sounded a bit corny but oh well. I think you should've spit something over this though, was a little boring just listening to it with no vocals or anything over it
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 9th, '13, 04:31

Finna download this tomorrow :o
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Eedee » Sep 9th, '13, 05:14

'Preciate it, brother.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby mdemaz » Sep 10th, '13, 12:01

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFWUCK U KEEENIE!

That is all.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby FxTDilz » Sep 10th, '13, 12:05

mdemaz wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFWUCK U KEEENIE!

That is all.

haha you know it bro, im an aggressive cunt sometimes lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Eedee » Sep 22nd, '13, 05:35

Gonna bump this just in case some peeps didn't see it. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby TripleNineThree » Sep 25th, '13, 06:05

Man.. This was actually really good until you started making noise (or is that what you call rapping?)
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Sep 25th, '13, 06:06

TripleNineThree wrote:Man.. This was actually really good until you started making noise (or is that what you call rapping?)

I'm rising, from the Ashes, like a Pho- MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIISEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby mdemaz » Sep 25th, '13, 07:43

My verse, doe.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby J.R. » Sep 25th, '13, 21:14

This is some pro-shit. I like it. Love Square One, sounds like Em tbh (think someone else said it too.) I really like the cover too.

I will Rise is dope as fuck too. I'd add more but it'd be out of place, im just dipping into audio.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » Sep 25th, '13, 21:19

J.R. wrote:This is some pro-shit. I like it. Love Square One, sounds like Em tbh (think someone else said it too.) I really like the cover too.

I will Rise is dope as fuck too. I'd add more but it'd be out of place, im just dipping into audio.

:y:

It's all good. Glad you liked it, man. (I think my Summer Cuts mixtape has better mixing though haha)
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby J.R. » Sep 25th, '13, 21:28

I'ma actually download it when I get some money, cause I think you deserve it :P
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Audio Stage