The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

could the graphics card be screwing my computer?

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

could the graphics card be screwing my computer?

Postby croatia » Oct 28th, '13, 23:21

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/oovz.png/

after that message repeats a few times the picture on the computer turns black turns normal turns black normal and restarts

could it be the graphics card

coz yesterday a guy "installed" my computer a new graphics card and updated to the latest driver and i now have the integrated graphics card and this new one that im using

new graphics card is stronger than the old one

what to do?

the guy will come back tomorrow and see the computer, he keeps repeating its an old pc and dont run many pages in the same time
the computer was even older before he added more ram and crap and before he added new things to the computer i could easily run 10 pages or so no matter how many pages i opened it just lagged it never restarted

so now i noticed it restarts even when one page is open (seems like not always dunno it aint restarting while this page is open now and it did restart a few mins ago when this page was open)

here is another picture

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/wn7w.png/
Last edited by croatia on Oct 29th, '13, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
croatia
Soldier
Soldier

Re: could the graphics card be screwing my computer?

Postby croatia » Oct 28th, '13, 23:26

okay now it restarted
croatia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Winkly » Oct 28th, '13, 23:36

Try to download the newest drivers from Nvidia.com. If that doesn't work, you have a integrated card as well? Disable the integrated one in the bios and run off the dedicated. See if anything changes. It honestly looks like an issue with the video card but if you have two of them just use the one that works.
Winkly
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby croatia » Oct 28th, '13, 23:49

Winkly wrote:Try to download the newest drivers from Nvidia.com. If that doesn't work, you have a integrated card as well? Disable the integrated one in the bios and run off the dedicated. See if anything changes. It honestly looks like an issue with the video card but if you have two of them just use the one that works.

the newest driver is already installed, and this new graphics card is connected with the cable, you sure the integrated card is still working even if its not connected to the cable? if yes then how to turn it off and how to turn it back on?

btw when i put out the cable and connect it to the integrated graphics card it seems like the computer doesnt know its connected cause the screen of the monitor is just black even though it did recognize it (it showed no signal and when i put the cable in the message disapperad which means the computer must have recognized the turn on) the screen acted like it was in screenaver mode without the screensaver (i say this because the button blinked like it does when a screensaver is on)

i don't want to fuck something up coz the guy is coming tomorrow but i would like to tell him all the things that could be doing that shit to my computer

could something else be ruining the computer?

and i dont understand why isnt it restarting right now when i have this forum and facebook opened, it did restart always few minutes ago
croatia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Winkly » Oct 28th, '13, 23:52

I may be wrong but I feel like there's just something wrong with the video card itself. I'd leave it alone until the guy comes back so he can't blame anything breaking on you. He may just need to replace the video card, it's possible to get a defective one even if it's brand new.
Winkly
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby croatia » Oct 29th, '13, 00:11

Winkly wrote:I may be wrong but I feel like there's just something wrong with the video card itself. I'd leave it alone until the guy comes back so he can't blame anything breaking on you. He may just need to replace the video card, it's possible to get a defective one even if it's brand new.

fuck the damn gateway came when i quoted you and then the computer restarted
btw i think it restarted slower this time not sure

short story: this year is the worst year ever for me and im totally scared what if this guy doesnt repair it correctly or what if he does and it still gets Allah forbidd (I'm muslim) ruined, I would then have to cal the guy again and annoy him, and can you explain me that bios disable stuff you wrote just so i know
croatia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Winkly » Oct 29th, '13, 00:39

croatia wrote:
Winkly wrote:I may be wrong but I feel like there's just something wrong with the video card itself. I'd leave it alone until the guy comes back so he can't blame anything breaking on you. He may just need to replace the video card, it's possible to get a defective one even if it's brand new.

fuck the damn gateway came when i quoted you and then the computer restarted
btw i think it restarted slower this time not sure

short story: this year is the worst year ever for me and im totally scared what if this guy doesnt repair it correctly or what if he does and it still gets Allah forbidd (I'm muslim) ruined, I would then have to cal the guy again and annoy him, and can you explain me that bios disable stuff you wrote just so i know

Don't stress, anything computer related can be fixed one way or another. It's hard to explain how to disable a specific device in the bios because it's different for each motherboard. But Google whatever kind of computer you have and look up exactly how to do it, there's specific tutorials for each one.
Winkly
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Flamez » Oct 29th, '13, 02:52

I've seen those black boxes before on that second image. Make sure the card isn't overheating.
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby michael61 » Apr 23rd, '14, 10:29

In regards to your vid card, yes it is the reason, And u can find out by going into device manager to check. holler if u need help
michael61
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Computing & Technology