The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Reason why Eminem is not retiring...

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Reason why Eminem is not retiring...

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 1st, '13, 14:10

i havent listen to much rakim tbh
#Silver #Rolly #bigray #Pain #flamez #charlotte #Hage #Samantha #guilty #eedee #horsefam #snake #raul #EG
horse wrote:You’ll never go gold, that’s why you’re just silver

Sneakerheads check out the sneaker thread!
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=164272&start=15
sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby therapist » Nov 1st, '13, 16:42

I heard he and Kendrick are recording a Bad Meets Evil-esque duet LP. Where they go in together on each song switching back and forth.
"Dope as shady though? Bitch, don't KID yourself. You ain't even a baby GOAT." -Em (Symphony in H)

Kid
/kid/ noun:
A baby goat.
therapist
Soldier
Soldier

Postby therapist » Nov 1st, '13, 16:44

croatia wrote:
monobloss wrote:
croatia wrote:whos the oldest rapper active fat joe? ice t? (not sure did he say he aint doing music more)

Rakim is the oldest active rapper. He is gonna put out new album in 2014.

:y:

There's also Nas and KRS. Didn't Rakim debut the same year as Nas? '94?
"Dope as shady though? Bitch, don't KID yourself. You ain't even a baby GOAT." -Em (Symphony in H)

Kid
/kid/ noun:
A baby goat.
therapist
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 4Corners » Nov 1st, '13, 16:46

therapist wrote:
There's also Nas and KRS. Didn't Rakim debut the same year as Nas? '94?

No.......Rakim was out in the 80's with Eric B homie
4Corners
Soldier
Soldier

Postby therapist » Nov 1st, '13, 16:51

guiltyhiphop wrote:
therapist wrote:There's also Nas and KRS. Didn't Rakim debut the same year as Nas? '94?

Nah fam, that was biggie. (Well, Illmatic and Ready To Die went head to head)

Ah damn, didn't realize Rakim was around when Run DMC was... need to give him a better listen

Kid
/kid/ noun:
A baby goat.
therapist
Soldier
Soldier

Postby guesswhosback08 » Nov 1st, '13, 17:57

Picture me quitin draw a circle and put a line through it slut! I think he's made it very clear he's not done yet. He might just release mixtapes off shady records this might be his last official studio album but he has so many unreleased songs he can release on shady records. he'll probably keep going till his late 40's then stop releasing new material. he's an artist and he's made it perfectly clear this is what he does
Eminem For Life.

Im having a Relapse 5/19/14
guesswhosback08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Cortex » Nov 1st, '13, 18:17

therapist wrote:I heard he and Kendrick are recording a Bad Meets Evil-esque duet LP. Where they go in together on each song switching back and forth.

Doubt this would happen, but if it did... :flutter: :wub: :worship:
"The thought of retiring is making me want to set your daughter on fire with a soldering iron"
- Eminem, 2014
Cortex
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 1st, '13, 19:00

guiltyhiphop wrote:
therapist wrote:I heard he and Kendrick are recording a Bad Meets Evil-esque duet LP. Where they go in together on each song switching back and forth.

omg. please happen.

if this happens :worship:
#Silver #Rolly #bigray #Pain #flamez #charlotte #Hage #Samantha #guilty #eedee #horsefam #snake #raul #EG

sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Sonyk » Nov 1st, '13, 19:46

Aone10 wrote:Here is what I said in another thread that is relevant to this discussion.....

Aone10 wrote:
When you are a writer, there is ALWAYS something to write about if you are as gifted as Eminem is.

The problem is that people have this pre-conceived disposition that rappers HAVE to retire... that is utter non-sense. Eminem is clearly bigger than just rap music and he (along with Kanye) may be the first of their kind in the hip-hop genre. He is widely considered one of the greatest artists of all time, any genre. There are plenty of artists of his caliber that are still making music in their 60s and 70s. They aren't commercially relevant and are far from mainstream, but they still make quality records that still go Gold and cater to their aging fan base... and they still play sold out arenas and stadiums from time to time solely based on their impact and relevance to music history.

Eminem is that sort of artist, a large majority of this youthful idiots on message boards may not see it that way because they are too caught up in their self-important personas, but the rest of the world acknowledges this. I'm not saying he is going to make music until he is 60, but he is more than capable of breaking the age barrier that plagues the hip-hop genre. What helps him the most is the fact that at 41, he sounds rejuvenated and comes off as full of youth as a Kendrick Lamar or Drake, while still maintaining a sense of maturity and experience that reminds you of his age.

I can see his future albums touching on different and far more mature topics... such as politics and social issues, darker songs about being alone (let's face it, aside from his musical affiliates and daughters who will soon be kicking starting their own lives, Eminem is alone and I think it will show in his future records). Not to mention that he can pull Slim Shady out of the dark whenever he feels like it....the possibilities are endless with that persona.

Eminem will return with a 9th LP after some sort of collaborative effort with someone in his Shady Records camp... and it will have a "Life is Good" sort of vibe.

Regardless, I think we should stop pondering on whether or not this is his last album and just enjoy it... there is so much more to talk about. Eminem is notorious for always saying in his songs that he wants to quit, but at the same time, he's notorious for saying that he doesn't know how to do anything else and would go crazy if he didn't rap....

So fuck that conversation, just enjoy the music as it comes. We'll know Eminem retired when he stops releasing music. As of right now, Eminem just delivered arguably one of his top 3 albums by going back to his past, pulling out old tricks and mixing them with new ways to make his music great again.

Totally agree with you. I have the feeling that some people are not gonna enjoy this album thinking on if it´s his last one or not.
Sonyk
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby shadyo93 » Nov 1st, '13, 20:25

"well pretty sure its not his last album.
Billboard interview : " but I still want to rap with the same energy and intensity and passion as before because, at the end of the day, this is what I love."

As for whether there will be a Marshall Mathers LP 3 in 2026, don't bank on it.
"I hope not," Eminem says. "I don't know what I'll be doing as far as whether I'll still be making music-I'd like to keep doing it as long as I still have the passion for it. But I hope to always be involved in hip-hop in one form or another. Because when it comes down to it, this is really all I know.""
shadyo93
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 1st, '13, 20:36

shadyo93 wrote:"well pretty sure its not his last album.
Billboard interview : " but I still want to rap with the same energy and intensity and passion as before because, at the end of the day, this is what I love."

As for whether there will be a Marshall Mathers LP 3 in 2026, don't bank on it.
"I hope not," Eminem says. "I don't know what I'll be doing as far as whether I'll still be making music-I'd like to keep doing it as long as I still have the passion for it. But I hope to always be involved in hip-hop in one form or another. Because when it comes down to it, this is really all I know.""

yes :wub: :flutter:
maybe he will start a cool collab project

sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby bcooper21 » Nov 1st, '13, 21:22

He also said in some other songs on mmlp2 hes not retiring so its kinda confusing i think people taking it way to serious what he said in first song.
bcooper21
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 1st, '13, 21:23

bcooper21 wrote:He also said in some other songs on mmlp2 hes not retiring so its kinda confusing i think people taking it way to serious what he said in first song.

We'll c. Before anything he will probably tour

sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kmahrle83 » Nov 1st, '13, 22:05

Cuz i don't ever wanna leave the game without...at least sayin goodbye!
Kmahrle83
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 1st, '13, 22:06

Kmahrle83 wrote:Cuz i don't ever wanna leave the game without...at least sayin goodbye!

so all my people to the left and my peopel to the right scream one last time

sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem