The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

College football

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: College football

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 6th, '13, 02:40

I'm from Alabama and been raised a die hard Bama fan. HUGE game this weekend against LSU.

ROLLLLL TIDEEEEE!
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
Jimmy Conway, on someone placing a bid on Eminem's old home wrote:Koolo will probably buy it and have an orgy with all the studio leak worshipers in it and then burn it down because not enough people answered his "Do you like me buying this house" poll.
"Everybody want the key and the secret to rap immortality like I have got.."
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 6th, '13, 18:51

It's way overdue, but the college football play off is coming a year late it seems, with all these unbeatens this season. Ohio State will probably go undefeated again but they struggle with piss poor Big 10 teams on a consistent basis. They're putting together the least impressive win streak of all time right now.

Oregon seems to always slip up and find a way to lose one big game a year, so it wouldn't surprise me if Stanford beat them. I'm really hoping for it. Baylor is ridiculous on offense but they haven't played anyone till Oklahoma this week. We get two amazing Thursday night games this week: Oregon v. Stanford & Oklahoma v. Baylor. :worship:

A Bama/FSU national title would be quite interesting. I'm still VERY bitter that Jameis Winston is from Alabama and probably would have played for us if we had a better baseball team (he wanted to play both in college). Going to be interesting to see who gets left out if Bama, FSU, Ohio State and Oregon all go undefeated. The good thing is, I know it can't be Alabama after we've won the last two national titles haha.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
Jimmy Conway, on someone placing a bid on Eminem's old home wrote:Koolo will probably buy it and have an orgy with all the studio leak worshipers in it and then burn it down because not enough people answered his "Do you like me buying this house" poll.
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 8th, '13, 22:09

Horsebot3K wrote: Ohio State is the most overrated team in the country, though. Anybody else in the top 10 would destroy them. They don't fucking play anybody. Their schedule really isn't much better than Northern Illinois and Fresno State.

Wat lol Do you even watch college football? We have one of the most well balanced offenses in the country. Hyde is a top 5 physical back and I don't even need to mention our speed. We can run Stanford's offense or Oregon's. And if you think ANYONE would destroy us then you're delusional. We have a top 5 offense and a top 10 defense and both are improving every week.

If you don't think we play anybody then you're just listening to what you hear on bullshit espn comments and do nothing to educate yourself. Wisconsin is a top 15 team that should only have one lost if they didn't get fucked over. We had to play a healthy Northwestern at their place at night in what was their most important game ever. Iowa is above average this year and so is Penn State and we beat them by 50. I'd take our chances against any team in the country including FSU. Jameis had a lackluster performance against Miami and I promise we are a much better team than Miami lol

And lol @ our schedule not being any better than a Mac team :'''''''''''( your ignorance about college football is astounding.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Nov 9th, '13, 16:20

Congrats you got me to log in on a Saturday

Horsebot3K wrote:I assure you, I'm very knowledgeable about college football. I just think the Big Ten is a weak league and Ohio State has a bad recent history of failing in bowl games against major conference opponents. 2-4 in the last 6 bowl games.

Good thing the past has no impact on the present and we still won our last 2 BCS bowl games.

I realize Urban Meyer wasn't around for that, but he's still working largely with Tressel players.

The same Tressel players that beat Oregon and Arkansas? I'll take it

Honestly, we don't know how good Ohio State is, because they haven't faced elite competition.

Yes we do lol We're a great team. We haven't lost in 21 straight games. Do you comprehend how impressive that is? We don't blow games to Utah and North Carolina State lol

Florida State slaughtered a great Clemson team, a very good Miami team, and an above average Maryland team that was ranked at the time.

Clemson was a great win that that proved you were national title contenders. Miami is not a very good team tho lol They barely pulled out wins against North Carolina and Wake Forest. Their best win was against a trash Florida team with as much offensive firepower as TR would have if we started our own football team. Wisconsin is better than Miami. And Maryland is garbage. They were only ranked because they literally hadn't played anyone. Their best win was West Virginia.

Jameis through two interceptions, but he certainly did not have a lackluster game against Miami. No way.

He threw two BAD interceptions. And his only touchdown was because his receiver took a screen pass 50 yards. If Stephen Morris wasn't completely inept on offense and didn't keep giving the ball back to FSU in good field position Jameis wouldn't have had so many second chances. If FSU was playing anyone that could capitalize on mistakes that would have been a completely different game.

I saw the Buckeyes play Wisconsin and Northwestern and while they're clearly an athletic team that found a way to win, they looked much more vulnerable than FSU did in games against higher ranked opponents.

Wisconsin is a great team that played great against us. But if you had watched the game you would know that we dominated them. The score may not show it but we were in control of that game the entire time.

As of right now, Ohio State just hasn't faced the competition FSU and Alabama have played.

Who the fuck has Alabama played lol Texas A&M who has yet to find out that teams are supposed to have a defense too? Virginia Tech who lost to Duke? lol

Saying the schedule wasn't much better than Northern Illinois or Fresno State was an intentional exaggeration and not a genuine claim.

I'd hope so

I was talking out of my ass when I said anybody in the top 10 would destroy Ohio State,

Obviously

though I do doubt that they could beat Alabama, FSU, Baylor, Stanford, and Oregon.

What? How? We would smash Baylor. You talk shit about our strength of schedule but it's still better than theirs. Their only decent win was a trash Oklahoma team who couldn't do anything on offense. They ran QB Power with Blake Bell 3 times in a row expecting anything different to happen. And with how good our offense is we would be in the game with any team in the country.

That said, the schedule isn't far from strong and it's why Ohio State isn't really being mentioned in the same league. Florida State has a weak non-conference schedule too, but at least Florida, even at 4-4, is still Florida and their four losses are to high caliber teams. Three of them were close games. The Gators have also been ravaged by injuries worse than any other team in the country. I'll compare FSU and OSU's schedules.

Ohio State
vs. Buffalo (7-2) ---- W 40-20
vs. San Diego State (4-4) ---- W 42-7
@ Cal (1-8) ---- W 52-34
vs. Florida A&M (3-6) ---- W 76-0
vs. #23 Wisconsin (6-2) ---- W 31-24
@ #16 Northwestern (4-5) ---- W 40-30
vs. Iowa (5-4) ---- W 34-24
vs. Penn State (5-3) ---- W 63-14
@ Purdue (1-7) ----- W 56-0
@Illinois (3-5)
vs. Indiana (3-5)
@Michigan (6-2)

Florida State
@ Pittsburgh (4-4) ---- W 41-13
vs. Nevada (3-6) ---- W 62-7
vs. Bethune-Cookman (8-1) ---- W 54-6
@ Boston College (4-4) ---- W 48-34
vs. #25 Maryland (5-3) ---- W 63-0
@ #3 Clemson (8-1) ---- W 51-14
vs. NC State (3-5) ---- W 49-17
vs. #7 Miami (7-1) ---- W 41-14
@ Wake Forest (4-5)
vs. Syracuse (4-4)
vs. Idaho (1-8)
@ Florida (4-4)

How about you actually judge a team by how they play instead of spewing whatever garbage you read on ESPN like some kind of robot.

but Clemson and Miami are better than Michigan State and Wisconsin and Ohio State doesn't face the Spartans in the regular season.

No they're not. Clemson might be the best of the 4 but Wisconsin and MSU are both better than Miami. Northwestern at the time probably was too

FSU will likely play Miami again in the ACC title game and I don't expect another Miami loss between now and then. FSU had a game where a clearly inferior opponent was allowed to keep things too close (Boston College), but Ohio State had two (Northwestern, Iowa).

I already explained the Northwestern game above so no, we both have one game where we let a weaker team hang in there.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 10th, '13, 07:04

You guys have done a lot of arguing about strength of schedules, but here's the truth about this season: no top teams have a real difficult schedule. Stanford easily has the hardest schedule out of all the ranked teams, but unfortunately for them they lost to Utah.

FSU is raping everyone but obviously they have no business moving ahead of Bama after tonight.

There is no legitimate argument to be made that an unbeaten Ohio State team should get in over an unbeaten FSU or Bama. It's just not happening. They should have actually scheduled a semi-tough out of conference game because the Big 10 is a big joke.

Jameis is obviously the front runner for the Heisman, probably rightfully so, but Johnny Manziel clearly means the most to his team and IS the most outstanding player in college football again this year.

Lastly, ROLL TIDE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 10th, '13, 18:43

Well no shit we wouldn't get in over Bama or FSU. That's not the argument.

And we scheduled Cal ~10 years ago when they had Aaron Rogers and were a good Pac 12 team on the rise. We also had Vanderbilt scheduled but they backed out at last minute which led to us having to play FA&M. Scheduling is just shooting blind on who you think will be good in 10 years. Saying oh well you should have scheduled a good out of conference team shows you know nothing about how it works.

And an 8 team playoff would ruin college football. I don't like the 4 team playoff as it is but there's no way in hell it should get increased.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 10th, '13, 19:38

Congrats on playing Cal when they had Aaron Rodgers? Btw, if Baylor does go undefeated they'll have a more impressive résumé than Ohio State.

Scheduling is just shooting blind on who you'll think will be good in ten years?? I'm trying to understand that. lol

As a Bama fan, we've benefited from this BCS era, but c'mon man, it's obvious there needs to be a playoff in college football. As an Ohio State fan you should be the worlds biggest college football playoff advocate. Four team format is just a big step in the right direction and I think I would eventually like to see eight. The playoff games are going to be hella exciting as well. :worship:

Pretty cool that we have three college football fans on TR that go for the top 3 teams.
Last edited by OneOneSix on Nov 10th, '13, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 10th, '13, 19:42

Horsebot3K wrote:That was awesome. I'm a Stanford fan just for tonight. I guess Oregon wasn't ... all they were quacked up to be.

:shifty:

Oregon fans can exchange their "We Want Bama" shirts for "We Forgot Stanford" now.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 10th, '13, 19:46

OneOneSix wrote:Scheduling is just shooting blind on who you'll think will be good in ten years?? I'm trying to understand that. lol

Well apparently that simply concept is too difficult for you to grasp
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 10th, '13, 21:34

classthe_king wrote:Well apparently that simply concept is too difficult for you to grasp

Nah man, just trying to understand how what a team does in ten years affects your current strength of schedule.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 01:57

OneOneSix wrote:
classthe_king wrote:Well apparently that simply concept is too difficult for you to grasp

Nah man, just trying to understand how what a team does in ten years affects your current strength of schedule.

No dumb fuck. You schedule your OOC games ~10 years ago so when you schedule you don't know who's going to be good. So statements like, "They should have actually scheduled a semi-tough out of conference game because the Big 10 is a big joke" just sound dumb. I'm not surprised you're a Bama fan.

Horsebot3K wrote:Every fan of a team from the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, or a lower conference should support an 8 team playoff because most years, we're all going to get left out. You lose one game and you're absolutely screwed. They'll take a two loss Alabama ahead of you. More than likely, the usual playoff will be a Pac-12 team, two SEC teams, and a team from the ACC, Big Ten, or Big 12.

No. Most years you're NOT going to get left out. If you take care of business and go undefeated you're not going to get left out unless something crazy happens. Auburn is the only team that's truly got the shaft and if we do get 3 undefeated AQ teams this year then it would be an outlier, not the norm. They would never put a 2 loss Bama in over a 1 loss team. And the fact that one loss screws you is what makes college football so exciting. If there was an 8 team playoff the Stanford-Oregon game would have been completely meaningless because both teams would make it anyway.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 11th, '13, 02:07

classthe_king wrote:No dumb fuck. You schedule your OOC games ~10 years ago so when you schedule you don't know who's going to be good. So statements like, "They should have actually scheduled a semi-tough out of conference game because the Big 10 is a big joke" just sound dumb. I'm not surprised you're a Bama fan.

Well dang, man way to be ultra sensitive. I guess it's takes a toll on you since everyone gangs up on you in almost every thread you post in.

I forgot that you do schedule your OOC games years in advance, but its not ten years. My bad. I'm positive I know every bit as much as you do about college football so shut the hell up.

Point is Ohio State consistently has a weak schedule and it's going to cost them again this year. Florida A&M, Buffalo, SDSU and Cal.. Guess y'all thought those teams would really help your SOS this season. Anyways, hope you have fun missing out on another national championship game this year!
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 02:13

OneOneSix wrote:I forgot that you do schedule your OOC games years in advance, but its not ten years. My bad. I'm positive I know every bit as much as you do about college football so shut the hell up. Point is Ohio State consistently has a weak schedule and it's going to cost them again this year.

Anyways, hope you have fun missing out on another national championship game this year!

That's why I said ~10. A broad estimate lmao And we don't have a weak schedule every year…only the past two years because of unlucky scheduling but of course I don't expect you to know anything about what you're talking about. Everything you've said in this thread has been pulled out your ass. Bandwagon Bama fans are the worst type of fans.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 11th, '13, 02:22

I'm bandwagon Bama? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I've been on recruiting websites and going to several games a year since I was in middle school you dumbass.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 02:29

Sick
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Sports Arena