The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

College football

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: College football

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 14th, '13, 21:58

Don't think anything will come of it. I was talking to my friend, an Auburn fan, about this last night and we both agreed that this wouldn't have came to light if he wasn't having such a good season. My friend compared it to the Scam Newton situation a few years back and how nothing came of it. Still sucks to have something like this brought up tho. :/
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
Jimmy Conway, on someone placing a bid on Eminem's old home wrote:Koolo will probably buy it and have an orgy with all the studio leak worshipers in it and then burn it down because not enough people answered his "Do you like me buying this house" poll.
"Everybody want the key and the secret to rap immortality like I have got.."
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 17th, '13, 16:19

Duke > FSU
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 17th, '13, 23:49

Auburn is the luckiest team in college football. I never get my hopes up about them losing, even if it seems obvious, cause they'll always pull something out their ass and that hail mary was just.. SMH. :facepalm2

We looked TERRIBLE against MSU but I guess its good to get four turnovers out of your system. Iron Bowl gonna be a showdown.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
Jimmy Conway, on someone placing a bid on Eminem's old home wrote:Koolo will probably buy it and have an orgy with all the studio leak worshipers in it and then burn it down because not enough people answered his "Do you like me buying this house" poll.
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 17th, '13, 23:50

I love what Cutcliffe has done at Duke. Tennessee should have hired him. FSU is going to rape them anally, however.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 18th, '13, 00:15

Horsebot3K wrote:The final play of that Auburn/Georgia game was fucking ridiculous. :laughing: I couldn't believe it. It's entirely Georgia's fault too. If those two guys weren't there to deflect it and run into each other, there's no way the Auburn receiver catches that ball.

Yeah, that Bama game was ugly. At least it was against Mississippi State and not an actual football team. This year's Iron Bowl will be huge.

Auburn can just blow me. Lucky bitches.

My dream would be for it to be a repeat of last years game, though I know that won't happen. I was in Bryant Denny for that and it was great, but expected. It's going to take a hell of a performance to contain their running game and win on the road there.

FSU will have a Heisman winner and be playing for a national championship this season barring a miracle.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 19th, '13, 03:59

Alabama beats Mississipi State by 13? Wow they really took care of business
Ohio State beats Illinois by 25? Wow that win wasn't nearly impressive enough, they should get jumped by Baylor who killed their opponent (by 29)
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Nov 19th, '13, 18:58

Well we were playing without both our outside linebackers the entire game. Which is why they kept getting successful runs outside the tackles and why most of their completed passes were to the slot receiver. We had to play with a walk on that would otherwise have never seen the field in a competitive situation. Then we had to play the entire second half without our best defense linemen (where we gave up 3 touchdowns compared to 1 first half touchdown) which had a noticeable effect on our ability to pressure the quarterback.
Last edited by classthe_king on Nov 19th, '13, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Nov 19th, '13, 19:09

Yeah Manziel's stats are inflated because his team has no defense and is constantly playing the whole game. Braxton hardly plays in second halves as well but I still think Manziel deserves the Heisman.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Nov 19th, '13, 22:11

I don't think that will affect it. Unless the circumstances change and new evidence is found the voters know that Jameis is clearly innocent.

Quarters Played by Johnny Manziel:

· Rice - 2

· Sam Houston - 2.6

· Alabama - 4

· SMU - 2.2

· Arkansas - 4

· Ole Miss - 4

· Auburn - 4

· Vanderbilt - 2.6

· UTEP - 2.5

· Mississippi State - 4

Total - 31.9

Quarters Played by Jameis Winston:

· Pittsburgh - 3.4

· Nevada - 2.7

· Bethune-Cookman - 2.1

· Boston College - 4

· Maryland - 3

· Clemson - 4

· NC State - 2.1

· Miami - 4

· Wake Forest - 2.2

· Syracuse - 2

Total - 29.5

Now I wanted to attempt to "normalize" the overall stats for each Heisman contender with this information. Below are the actual overall stats:

Johnny Manziel

· Total yards - 3924

· Passing yards - 3313

· Rushing yards - 611

· Total touchdowns - 39

· Passing touchdowns - 31

· Rushing touchdowns – 8

Jameis Winston

· Total yards - 3083

· Passing yards - 2938

· Rushing yards - 145

· Total touchdowns - 31

· Passing touchdowns - 28

· Rushing touchdowns - 3

In an attempt to make these stats more fair and less inflated in favor of the player with more playing time, I took the following approach:

· Divide each category by the number of total quarters to get an average per quarter. For instance, divide total yards by Johnny (3924) by the number of total quarters played (31.9) to get the average total yards per quarter (123).

· Multiply that average by 40. 40 quarters is the number of quarters that would have been played by each quarterback had they stayed in the entire game for all 10 of their games.

Below are the "normalized" overall stats for each player with this approach:

Johnny Manziel

· Total yards - 4920

· Passing yards - 4154

· Rushing yards - 766

· Total touchdowns - 49

· Passing touchdowns - 39

· Rushing touchdowns - 10

Jameis Winston

· Total yards - 4180

· Passing yards - 3984

· Rushing yards - 197

· Total touchdowns - 42

· Passing touchdowns - 38

· Rushing touchdowns - 4

Although the difference between these numbers isn't quite as drastic as the actual stats, there is still a significant difference in how much better Johnny's stats are than Winston's. This should help put the argument to rest that Johnny's stats only appear to be better due to more playing time.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Nov 21st, '13, 05:37

A lot of people thought Hyde and Roby would be arrested and kicked off of the team in the beginning of the year too and that just turned out to be nothing.

Just kidding ahhahahahah ur fucked
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10009077/dna-analysis-matches-jameis-winston-accuser?ex_cid=espnapi_public
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 24th, '13, 02:02

Bye Muschamp. :)
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 24th, '13, 05:25

Florida sucks a big hairy penis. I was laughing earlier thinking about how Muschamp's seat is so hot that if by some miracle that won't be happening, UF beat FSU, he'd still be fired. :laughing:

If Auburn beats us next week and puts Ohio State in the national championship game, I probably will be exiting this thread for.. ever. Lol
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 24th, '13, 05:27

Today we learned that the Heisman is Winston's for certain unless he gets charged within the next two weeks. If he did AJ would win it by default but that would just be weird. Manziel is the most outstanding player in college football but unfortunately he doesn't have the help needed to win it this year.

Baylor is getting MAULED.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 25th, '13, 19:39

lol @ either of you thinking we couldn't hang with Baylor. Baylor is trash.

Go Auburn!
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 25th, '13, 20:40

I still think Baylor would have a good chance at beating Ohio State.

Roll Tide.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena