The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

Postby Kill You » Nov 29th, '13, 14:16

Truly the best rock albums I've heard so far this decade. As in from 2010 until today. Every song on both of these albums is great, no fillers. The concept story is great and engaging and kept me interested. I can't believe how long I slept on these two. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I like Slipknot more than Stone Sour but I have always liked Stone Sour as well. I sorta stopped listening to them after the album before last but these two were great.

What do you think of them?

(originally was about these two albums specifically but I changed it to just the Slipknot/Stone Sour thread.
Last edited by Kill You on Dec 5th, '13, 01:45, edited 2 times in total.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: I slept on these two albums...but they are fantastic

Postby Shpongle » Nov 29th, '13, 15:27

Kill You wrote:Truly the best rock albums I've heard so far this decade. As in from 2010 until today. Every song on both of these albums is great, no fillers. The concept story is great and engaging and kept me interested. I can't believe how long I slept on these two. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I like Slipknot more than Stone Sour but I have always liked Stone Sour as well. I sorta stopped listening to them after the album before last but these two were great.

What do you think of them?

Love Stone Sour, and i consider these two the best, apart from "Come What(Ever) May". Part 2 is one of the best albums of 2013 in my opinion, and Part 1 from 2012, Corey Taylor always delivers, just wish he would do a solo album :8)
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Nov 30th, '13, 01:05

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:Holy shit, Gone Sovereign is so fuckin good!

Love "A Rumor Of Skin" :worship:
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Nov 30th, '13, 16:20

Which one do you guys like better? I like Part 1 better personally but did love them both.

Tired is a GOAT rock song.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shpongle » Nov 30th, '13, 18:54

Kill You wrote:Which one do you guys like better? I like Part 1 better personally but did love them both.

Tired is a GOAT rock song.

Part 1 for me also, and yes "Tired" is a great track :worship: and i love "The Conflagration" from part 2 :8) but overall i think Part 1 is better.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Dec 3rd, '13, 23:34

Aone10 wrote:Albums are fucking excellent.

But everytime I hear Stone Sour, it makes me crave and go back to Slipknot. Corey Taylor is a talented mother fucker, I feel like he's much more versatile when he's with Slipknot.

But everything Stone Sour puts out is fucking awesome.

I agree, Slipknot is THE shit they need a new album already it's been since 2008.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Dec 4th, '13, 07:10

The new Slipknot album should be really brutal.
I think they started writing before the June Tour.

I'm not certain about that, though.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Dec 4th, '13, 11:19

mdemaz wrote:The new Slipknot album should be really brutal.
I think they started writing before the June Tour.

I'm not certain about that, though.

Acording to Clown, 2014 is the year of Slipknot :8) So we just have to wait for it

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Dec 4th, '13, 13:40

2014 is the year of everything, I THINK a new Tool album is coming in 2014 as well. 2014 new Slipknot and Tool, about to faint.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shpongle » Dec 4th, '13, 14:45

Kill You wrote:2014 is the year of everything, I THINK a new Tool album is coming in 2014 as well. 2014 new Slipknot and Tool, about to faint.

Yeah 2014 i hope for new Tool album, Maynard is supposedly already working on the lyrics for the album, it's been so long and Tool is one of my favourite bands :flutter: well i enjoy everything Maynard puts out, Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer, but i can't wait for Tool :'(

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Dec 4th, '13, 18:43

Aone10 wrote:Clown isn't the only one, I knew it was official when Corey said something.. he's usually the first one to say.... No, I'm not working on Slipknot shit.... so.... shit is really about to go down! I'm not sure that the album will be done next year, according to Corey, they are hoping to get in the studio by Summer 2014...regardless, it's fucking happening.

Here are 2 very similar articles that go into detail on what Corey has stated...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slipkn ... ey-taylor/

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/next-s ... ey-taylor/

I saw that, a cross between Iowa and Vol.3 :unsure: we'll see...was watching this interview today, Stone Sour is on hiatus so is 100% focus on Slipknot

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Dec 4th, '13, 19:12

I just download their discography along with Cold (huge letdown btw) and Chevelle whom I also love. I haven't really listened to these enough to judge but now i'm going to !
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Shpongle » Dec 4th, '13, 21:07

Aone10 wrote:Yea... It's funny
Iowa is my favorite Slipknot album (and one of my all time favorites period) and Vol. 3 my least...

Vol.3 is my least favourite too, favourite one, now that's too hard to decide :unsure: love the raw sound of the selftitled, the heaviness of Iowa and the experimental sound of All Hope Is Gone

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Dec 5th, '13, 01:43

Vol. 3 is fucking amazing to me. I've never even gotten around to listening to all of Iowa.

I love that video too, Corey Taylor is a super smart fellow.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Slipknot/Stone Sour thread (News, Discussion, etc.)

Postby Kill You » Dec 5th, '13, 03:15

I've heard it's like All Hope Is Gone and I LOVE All Hope Is Gone. Might give it a listen soon.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Next

Return to General Music