The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Official Limp Bizkit SOTDE Anticipation Thread

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: Limp Bizkit - Thieves (Ministry Cover) NEW SONG

Postby mdemaz » Nov 2nd, '13, 14:38

Holy shit, this is fucking awesome.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby mdemaz » Nov 2nd, '13, 17:24

Man, I'm hoping it will be the TMMLP2 of their career.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby DƎRDYPK » Nov 2nd, '13, 17:34

L-I-M-P BIZKIT IS RIGHT HERE BABY! STAMPEDE OF THE DISCO ELEPHANTS BITCHES!!! :rock:
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby mdemaz » Nov 3rd, '13, 04:12

Limp Bizkit were never this heavy, though. They only played that groovy nu metal/rap metal stuff. This is the first song I've heard by them that has some speed to it, well, yeah, I know this is a cover, but, still.... Gold Cobra was awesome, but, I'm hoping that this album sounds better. The production quality sounds great on this track; so, I'm hoping the album sounds like this, too. I'm also hoping that this album has some fast shit like this cover, too.

Granted, being active for so long can take it's toll. The fact that these guys are still jamming hard is a feat in and of itself.
Last edited by mdemaz on Nov 3rd, '13, 13:06, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby DƎRDYPK » Nov 3rd, '13, 04:20

This album ain't finna be no Insterscope poverty stricken cornfest. Fred & YMCMB gonna do work.
Was keen on Ready to Go since I heard a live rip of it on RapBasement forever ago & I think the song is quite bigger than ones might think. like I said...work. as for this cover, I think the only reason they did it besides paying homage to the OG was so noobs would actually think it's new LB
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really think they need DJ Lethal back for this though :'( sad boyyyyz
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby mdemaz » Nov 3rd, '13, 12:45

The dude has worked with the likes of Machine Head, Korn, Slipknot and Sepultura; so, you know that this is gonna be good.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Nov 4th, '13, 12:42

"Three dollar bill y'all" feeling here, had no idea this was going to be in the new record...they played this song ages ago...still remember JD from KoRn response to this lol
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Nov 4th, '13, 22:24

Aone10 wrote:
Shpongle wrote:"Three dollar bill y'all" feeling here, had no idea this was going to be in the new record...they played this song ages ago...still remember JD from KoRn response to this lol

They've played it live a few times dating back to the late 90s. When I saw them in April, they did a live cover to Rage Against the Machine's Killing In the Name Of.... it was fucking brutal. Limp has always done a great job with covers though.... Sanitarium was fucking GOAT.

Artistdirect reviewed the "Thieves" cover btw....

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... s/10856166

This album finna be a classic yo.

True that, love their covers..except "Behind Blue Eyes":p
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Nov 5th, '13, 14:02

A lot of people hate Results May Vary, but, I think it's a decent album.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Nov 6th, '13, 15:11

Aone10 wrote:
mdemaz wrote:A lot of people hate Results May Vary, but, I think it's a decent album.

Most of the hate comes from critics and fans bashing them for not "growing". But the album definitely isn't as bad as critics make it out to be. Limp has never been a critic favorite though. I love the fact that they stick to their roots.

It's the weakest LB album for me, not saying it's a "bad" album, but the weakest...it does have some decent tracks on it. Peopla hate "The Unquestionable Truth Part 1" too, but it's one of my favourites:)

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Re: The Official Limp Bizkit SOTDE Anticipation Thread

Postby Shpongle » Nov 6th, '13, 21:54

Aone10 wrote:Update: I changed the thread into an Anticipation thread for the album. I'll post all news related to the new Limp Bizkit album here..... doing this for the 5 people on this forum that still give a shit about the Bizkit.

:rock:

Lol, that's cool, i'll be sure to check this thread out..well its not 2001 anymore, less fans but the Bizkit are still going strong;)

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DƎRDYPK » Nov 6th, '13, 22:28

I done told TR that Stampede of the disco elephants was coming!
as for Lightz, haven't really checked it out.
& RMV one of those albums that grows on you as you get older.
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Shpongle » Nov 7th, '13, 13:33

"Ready To Go" is a cool song, till Lil Bitch comes along and ruins it.. who told him that he can rap?! I hope the rest of the album has more of a "Thieves" kinda feeling and mixing...sounds raw!

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Dec 2nd, '13, 15:30

Nothing new in the Bizkit world Aone? That record it's taking way too long :angry:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Dec 2nd, '13, 16:44

First time hearing Ready To Go ever when I looked in this thread. Not bad. Wayne was fucking terrible of course but the rest of the song was cool.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Next

Return to General Music