The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NFL 2013 Offseason

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: NFL 2013 Offseason

Postby Emadyville » Feb 1st, '14, 04:56

^ I won't discredit that, nor would I even try to. I believe your info, and like I said, I know Brady is an amazing qb. He also plays in the weakest division in the afc and has his entire career. I appreciate your acknowledgement of Manning's dominance and being agreeable with his talent...but like I said I'm biased. The best qb of now or all-time is always subjective, so I will not go further and simply say we can agree to disagree on these specific aspects of our conversation.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Mr Change » Feb 1st, '14, 04:59

Emadyville wrote:^ I won't discredit that, nor would I even try to. I believe your info, and like I said, I know Brady is an amazing qb. He also plays in the weakest division in the afc and has his entire career. I appreciate your acknowledgement of Manning's dominance and being agreeable with his talent...but like I said I'm biased. The best qb of now or all-time is always subjective, so I will not go further and simply say we can agree to disagree on these specific aspects of our conversation.

That's cool man I love discussing NFL in general especially QBs.

What's your opinion on Joe Montana's play and his legacy?
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Emadyville » Feb 1st, '14, 05:02

With him I am unsure. I say that because, for one, I never saw him play. Secondly, I have only seen his stats. And finally, all I really know about him is that he won four super bowls.

It's so interesting me how subjective it is though. Because in Montana's, yeah he went to four and won them all. But bad qb's have won super bowls. Good qb's have lost them. It's a mindfuck. Sports are always so debatable. It's fun but tiring at times.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 1st, '14, 05:05

LOL these arguments make me sick.

First of all, The AFC South fucking sucks, it's sucked for quite some time so the whole the other team's division is weaker is ridiculous. Second the receiver argument is also ridiculous. Both Peyton and Tom make no name receivers into productive NFL stars. Peyton has always had his go to receivers all his career till he left to Denver unlike Brady who hasn't really had a long time and consistent receiving core. Both Quarterbacks are the two best ever no question.

I think if Peyton wins on Sunday, he's the best, no question.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Emadyville » Feb 1st, '14, 05:07

PAINKILLƎR wrote:LOL these arguments make me sick.

First of all, The AFC South fucking sucks, it's sucked for quite some time so the whole the other team's division is weaker is ridiculous. Second the receiver argument is also ridiculous. Both Peyton and Tom make no name receivers into productive NFL stars. Peyton has always had his go to receivers all his career till he left to Denver unlike Brady who hasn't really had a long time and consistent receiving core. Both Quarterbacks are the two best ever no question.

See, also a valid argument. I do not know enough about Brady in terms of his full career to agree or disagree. I say that respectfully. I do know Brady has had much better defenses than Peyton throughout his career though.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Mr Change » Feb 1st, '14, 05:09

Emadyville wrote:With him I am unsure. I say that because, for one, I never saw him play. Secondly, I have only seen his stats. And finally, all I really know about him is that he won four super bowls.

It's so interesting me how subjective it is though. Because in Montana's, yeah he went to four and won them all. But bad qb's have won super bowls. Good qb's have lost them. It's a mindfuck. Sports are always so debatable. It's fun but tiring at times.

I'm the same way. I've watched a couple videos of his games but haven't really seen him actually play much. The way he's pretty much portrayed is Tom Brady-ish (Cool, collected, 'clutch') except to the next level. He never threw 5000 passing yards but he always had the high QB rating and in the Super Bowl he was completely spotless (4 appearances, 4 wins. 11 TDs no interceptions).

But it's true that you have other quarterbacks that aren't that good like Terry Bradshaw who also won a league record 4 Super Bowls.

EDIT: As far as both QBs making WRs into great players, that is true too. However, I feel as though Peyton has had two true legendary receivers, both of which he had at the same time and over his entire career (Harrison, Wayne), whereas Brady has never 'had' a true HOF that he didn't make himself (Had Moss for like 2.5 years)
Last edited by Mr Change on Feb 1st, '14, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 1st, '14, 05:11

Emadyville wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:LOL these arguments make me sick.

See, also a valid argument. I do not know enough about Brady in terms of his full career to agree or disagree. I say that respectfully. I do know Brady has had much better defenses than Peyton throughout his career though.

Oh yeah I definitely agree with Tom having better defenses than Peyton over their careers. There are a bunch of other different aspects/tangibles to discuss when comparing these two. Right now I think they're neck and neck but if Peyton wins on Sunday I would say it's safe to say he's the best.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Emadyville » Feb 1st, '14, 05:24

^ And I agree with that. Again, I'm completely biased towards Peyton. I've loved him since he came into the league and followed him religiously. I just think his numbers, dedication, persistence, knowledge of the game, studying of the game, consistency, etc. make him the best. The 5th mvp award he will win tomorrow blows my mind as well. Not to mention having 55 td's and the most yards in a season at 37...I mean honestly. :worship: :worship:

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Mr Change » Feb 1st, '14, 18:06

Hesky wrote:
Mr Change wrote:Add to that the injuries of the two best players on a young, unskilled and inexperienced defense (Jerod Mayo & Vince Wilfork) for almost the entire season putting Brady and the team in bad situations.

And yet the Patriots still win 12 games, pulling off several comebacks and last-minute scores, and still made it to the AFC championship. So, like I said imo this season just proved that Brady is the real deal even more than if he had everything he needed this season and played like he normally does.

The Broncos faced an equal amount of adversity when it comes to injuries. Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Rahim Moore, JD Walton, Dan Koppen, Kevin Vickerson, Derek Wolfe, and Chris Harris are all starters, all on IR.

I thought it was incredibly biased in the AFC Championship game how the commentators wouldn't shup up about Talib being out whenever a pass was completed, yet whenever Brady completed a pass there was no mention that the Broncos had lost their starting corner to a torn ACL the week before.

That is true. Probably because the Patriots were without their best Receiver TE Gronkowski and because the Broncos had Julius Thomas active this game while he was out in the regular season game.

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Emadyville » Feb 2nd, '14, 06:41

Hesky wrote:
Mr Change wrote:Add to that the injuries of the two best players on a young, unskilled and inexperienced defense (Jerod Mayo & Vince Wilfork) for almost the entire season putting Brady and the team in bad situations.

And yet the Patriots still win 12 games, pulling off several comebacks and last-minute scores, and still made it to the AFC championship. So, like I said imo this season just proved that Brady is the real deal even more than if he had everything he needed this season and played like he normally does.

The Broncos faced an equal amount of adversity when it comes to injuries. Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Rahim Moore, JD Walton, Dan Koppen, Kevin Vickerson, Derek Wolfe, and Chris Harris are all starters, all on IR.

I thought it was incredibly biased in the AFC Championship game how the commentators wouldn't shup up about Talib being out whenever a pass was completed, yet whenever Brady completed a pass there was no mention that the Broncos had lost their starting corner to a torn ACL the week before.

broncos had it worse tbh

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 3rd, '14, 01:24

What an embarrassing way to go out peyton...
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 3rd, '14, 01:58

stfu, I bet you know little about football. This isn't his fault his O-line has been atrocious, Peyton can't even get his footing to throw the football like he should because the line just collapses.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 3rd, '14, 02:30

PAINKILLƎR wrote:stfu, I bet you know little about football. This isn't his fault his O-line has been atrocious, Peyton can't even get his footing to throw the football like he should because the line just collapses.

Your betting would be wrong chill out, lmfao..
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 3rd, '14, 02:31

Hahahahhah percy harvin lmfaoooo ahahhaha. #done
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader