The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Retro Gaming Appreciation

Discuss the world of gaming here, from Gameboy to Playstation 3.

Re: Retro Gaming Appreciation

Postby mdemaz » Feb 1st, '14, 01:47

Katamari fucking Damacy.

It's not really retro, but, it's awesome.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby HotDawg » Feb 1st, '14, 01:48

Earthbound
HotDawg
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Just Silver » Feb 1st, '14, 04:00

Hopsinshadie wrote:Pico?

Look it up
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 3rd, '14, 08:48

I feel real ungrateful right now. But I was playing some ps1 demos. And oh my god the graphics for Spyro suck. Wtf? Wasn't this like a top 30 game of all time on the ps1? I thought this game was known for its revolutionary graphics. I'm hoping it's just my tv. I think that's what it is. And I played ''Extermination'' on PS2 and it sucked. I was thinking, what's the point of games like that? Roam around for 2 hours only to not find anything. It gave me a headache yo. You see there are a couple games on PS2 where the graphics are cool. But most are so fuzzy. I'm hoping it's just the tv. But I remember Spyro being a much funner game, so I'm a bit disjointed yo.

And Final Fantasy is the dumbest thing I ever saw. Playing the demo, and I was only able to control my guy like 10 seconds the whole time. I can't even attack on that game, I have to press attack. So stupid. I can't believe I'm not having fun. Now I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing games. I can't believe this. I suck.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Feb 3rd, '14, 13:35

Just picked up Ren and stimpy for the genesis
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SajN » Feb 3rd, '14, 13:40

Hopsinshadie wrote:I feel real ungrateful right now. But I was playing some ps1 demos. And oh my god the graphics for Spyro suck. Wtf? Wasn't this like a top 30 game of all time on the ps1? I thought this game was known for its revolutionary graphics. I'm hoping it's just my tv. I think that's what it is. And I played ''Extermination'' on PS2 and it sucked. I was thinking, what's the point of games like that? Roam around for 2 hours only to not find anything. It gave me a headache yo. You see there are a couple games on PS2 where the graphics are cool. But most are so fuzzy. I'm hoping it's just the tv. But I remember Spyro being a much funner game, so I'm a bit disjointed yo.

And Final Fantasy is the dumbest thing I ever saw. Playing the demo, and I was only able to control my guy like 10 seconds the whole time. I can't even attack on that game, I have to press attack. So stupid. I can't believe I'm not having fun. Now I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing games. I can't believe this. I suck.

:facepalm2 :facepalm2 :facepalm2

Of course you remembered them as awesome games with good graphic. That's because at THAT TIME these were the best you could get, and you were young. Of course you're gonna remember it as fun.

I love GTA San Andreas, and I remember it as a very fun game. When I again turned it on after many years the graphics weren't that good, and neither the control of the player, but I still had fun. Why? Because I fucking expected it.
The same goes for the games like Kingdom Hearts I and II and FIFA 98.

Spyro is a fun game, btw. You were just too hung up in the fact that "all PS1 games are better than the new ones and they have great graphics." You didn't realize that when they came out, they were nice, but now? Not so nice.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 3rd, '14, 14:25

SajN wrote: :facepalm2 :facepalm2 :facepalm2

Of course you remembered them as awesome games with good graphic. That's because at THAT TIME these were the best you could get, and you were young. Of course you're gonna remember it as fun.

I love GTA San Andreas, and I remember it as a very fun game. When I again turned it on after many years the graphics weren't that good, and neither the control of the player, but I still had fun. Why? Because I fucking expected it.
The same goes for the games like Kingdom Hearts I and II and FIFA 98.

Spyro is a fun game, btw. You were just too hung up in the fact that "all PS1 games are better than the new ones and they have great graphics." You didn't realize that when they came out, they were nice, but now? Not so nice.

I know what you mean. But there are other ps1 games that have better graphics than Spyro. I checked out Croc and was still happy with its graphics. With Spyro though, I do remember it being better in graphics. Something is strange about that. Also, when I was a kid I thought N64 had bad graphics. Now I'm surprised how good they were.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Feb 3rd, '14, 16:35

Miller wrote:The last thing you should be talking about when talking about retro gaming is graphics.
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Feb 3rd, '14, 18:48

The Kingdom Hearts games still look great to me, especially 2. 3 is gonna stomp 'em both of course doe.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Feb 4th, '14, 02:14

I felt like I was the only kid that played KH back in the day...

Turns out I was wrong.

Btw, graphics don't really make a game good at all. Minecraft comes to mind.
If a game has good mechanics, consistency and replay value, it's a good game. It also helps to have a story that makes sense as well, instead of random nonsense thrown together just to make some money.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 4th, '14, 13:31

I have a question about Sega. Are the games like Sonic on Genesis the same exact games and levels on the game gear? Because if so, why have 2 of the same game? I know that hand helds are good for travel, but I mean come on, unless you're on a plane or train every other day for hours, then there's no reason to have one. However, if the games are different, than it might be okay. Are the games different or the same?
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Feb 4th, '14, 13:32

Hopsinshadie wrote:I have a question about Sega. Are the games like Sonic on Genesis the same exact games and levels on the game gear? Because if so, why have 2 of the same game? I know that hand helds are good for travel, but I mean come on, unless you're on a plane or train every other day for hours, then there's no reason to have one. However, if the games are different, than it might be okay. Are the games different or the same?

Almost positive they are a tad different

Never had a game gear though
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 4th, '14, 13:38

Just Silver wrote:
Hopsinshadie wrote:I have a question about Sega. Are the games like Sonic on Genesis the same exact games and levels on the game gear? Because if so, why have 2 of the same game? I know that hand helds are good for travel, but I mean come on, unless you're on a plane or train every other day for hours, then there's no reason to have one. However, if the games are different, than it might be okay. Are the games different or the same?

Almost positive they are a tad different

Never had a game gear though

I hope you're right.

I'm not 100 percent sure I'm going to sell my X box 360. But I am sure that I won't be buying an X Box anymore until it becomes by far the most respected console for good reasons.

I currently have....
X Box 360
PS2 (Just got it from my buddy last week)
PS3 (just got it today)
N 64 and SNES (technically they are my buddy's now, but he's not allowed to sell it)
** Soon to have PS4, Regular NES, Game Gear, and Game Boy.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Feb 4th, '14, 13:51

Just look up the game gear version review on YT
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Hopsinshadie » Feb 6th, '14, 12:58

I'm just so obsessed with video games now, I really really am. I haven't played for years, but now I'm becoming a gamer again. What was I thinking before? I'm like trying to get up to date and there is so many games. Thanks to Amazon though and Ebay, I can afford games, they are much cheaper than in the past, at least the retro ones. I'm thinking about getting a PS4, but they are so dam expensive. And then it's what, 60 bucks a game? I don't know if I'll ever be able to spend that kind of money. If I'm gonna spend 500, I can get hundreds of old games instead. The old games are still new to me since I'm not up to date with gaming.

I really think that my ex hoe girlfriend affected me. She is the reason I lost my passion for gaming. Instead of thinking about having fun, I was thinking about her and I was depressed. Anyways, I just bought 7 psone games, and 8 games for game gear, and I also just ordered a working game gear. I'm so excited. I want to collect games for game gear, nes, snes, and sega. Oh yea and ps1 too, I already ordered 7. And I do want a ps4, but it's going to be tough getting games for that at 60 bucks a pop. 600 bucks just to buy 10 games. Sounds like a waste. I could buy hundreds of retro games that I know I'll love. But I do have my eye on a PS4, I might just get a game or two each month and slowly build. I cannot believe I never got back into gaming after all these years. Fuck her. Oh and if my ps3 really doesn't work, I will trade that in for part of my ps4 investment. My buddy will try to fix the ps3. I LOVE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Spot