The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Mountain Lion or Mavericks?

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Mountain Lion or Mavericks?

Postby Jaba » Mar 1st, '14, 02:05

I have a Macbook Pro and currently I have Mountain Lion and I love it! It works great! I use Chrome so IDC about the Safari updates but, what I want to know is should I update to Mavericks? I've heard it slows my Mac down and I do not want that to happen to my computer. If you have Mavericks do you like it? And has it improved your computer?

IDK if it matters or if it affects anything but heres my Mac's specs -

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
13 inch
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Mountain Lion or Mavericks?

Postby TonyTilt » Mar 3rd, '14, 19:53

Brainless wrote:I have a Macbook Pro and currently I have Mountain Lion and I love it! It works great! I use Chrome so IDC about the Safari updates but, what I want to know is should I update to Mavericks? I've heard it slows my Mac down and I do not want that to happen to my computer. If you have Mavericks do you like it? And has it improved your computer?

IDK if it matters or if it affects anything but heres my Mac's specs -

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
13 inch

I can tell you right now that with your processor and your ram that Mavericks will run without problems.
I use it and I only have 4GB DDR 2 with a worse processor than you and I didn't notice a difference at all. If you are that worried just time machine your comp with mountain lion and upgrade it to mavericks. It's free and fully supported!

I say go for it man, you'll probably like it.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Computing & Technology