The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Does a Universal Good Exist?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Does a Universal Good Exist?

Postby Kill You » Mar 20th, '14, 22:34

bigray wrote:What makes people do bad things?

Desire. Greed. Fear. Desperation. Any of those.

I think people are inherently good. Experiences can warp people though and of course they turn into bad people.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby kkaniff » Apr 1st, '14, 13:15

bigray wrote:
What makes people do bad
things?

I think that's a large part of what OP's trying to ask; are there any bad things when we really get down to it?
Say for example, someone robs a store... bad, right?
But what if he did it so he could feed his kids?
Or conversely, someone saves a dude from drowning... good, right?
But what if dude's a serial killer?
I think, ultimately, there are no good or bad actions just good or bad intentions, and you know what they say about good intentions.
@Menzo I think Charlotte has a point; yes, we have a deeply ingrained love for society and an instinct to protect our family unit but I think, if we look a little deeper than that, the ultimate driving force behind mankind's evolution, the reason for the constant push that ultimately lead to the formation of a stable civilization, is personal survival.
Ultimately, if push comes to shove, I'm going to want to live, fuck anyone or anything else.
I'm not sure how much of that is primal instinct and how much is due to me being a cynical asshole, but...meh.
Maybe OP should start a poll: say there's some new lethal virus going around, and the only cure is some sort of magical serum found in only your brain, would you let yourself be killed for the survival of a small percentage of the human race?
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CanadaPure » Apr 5th, '14, 07:30

I don't think a universal good exists, because the idea of certain things being good or bad is a societal construct and varies from group to group. So no, it doesn't in my opinion. It's something that we've constructed to keep our groups together for survival more effectively, but it's still completely subjective.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Willy » Apr 16th, '14, 21:53

Nope.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Previous