The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dr. Dre among "The 10 Best Rapper/Producers ever.

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

Dr. Dre among "The 10 Best Rapper/Producers ever.

Postby Francesco » Mar 21st, '14, 14:14

Dr. Dre, OutKast and RZA are among the artists named in Green Label’s list of “The Top 10 Best/Rapper Producers Ever.”

“How often can an artist make an entire album on their own unaided?” the article says. "How often is an artist equally sought after for his or her ability on the mic as well as behind the boards? The answer is not very often, a fact that this list celebrates. Kudos to these rapping producers, or producing rappers if you will, for their multifaceted approach to hip-hop.”

In its discussion of RZA, the article points toward his work in the 1990s.

"It’s certainly difficult to point to anyone else who has ever had a five-year run like RZA, producing albums like the Wu-Tang Clan’s Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) and Wu-Tang Forever, Method Man’s Tical, GZA’s Liquid Swords, ODB’s Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version, Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, and Ghostface Killah’s Ironman,” the article says. "Not only were those masterpieces laced with RZA’s impeccable production, but also many featured his rhymes.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... cers-ever-
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Re: Dr. Dre among "The 10 Best Rapper/Producers ever.

Postby SoldierShady » Mar 21st, '14, 16:22

Where you at, Em?
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 22nd, '14, 11:56

SoldierShady wrote:Where you at, Em?
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 22nd, '14, 12:09

this has me thinkin', has anyone put together a dre production discography torrent?
i think my next couple days ima be on a mission :coffee:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » Mar 24th, '14, 11:45

DetroitSkills wrote:
SoldierShady wrote:Where you at, Em?

Em hasn't been consistent enough to be there 'cuz he's way more involved as a rapper artistically. He's had some epic beats though so I hope we'll be hearing a lot more of those in the future.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Aftermath Entertainment