The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

True Detective

Discuss other aspects to music here along with TV and Movies.

Re: True Detective

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 28th, '14, 17:34

TonyTilt wrote:After that article I feel like I need to re watch the damn thing.

:laughing: :laughing:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » Mar 1st, '14, 12:57

Epidemik wrote:
Francesco wrote:Absolutely... It'd be great it if was a 10 episodes season but it is what it is.

Id like to see that too.. 8 is so short...
also.. wikipedia says the series was pitched as an anthology format, with each season featuring a different cast of characters and story..?
so is MM and WH not gonna be starring in season 2? i don't get how this is going to work.. I don't see the story completely changing after the next 2 episodes.. that would be dumb.. im invested in thsese characters at this point and want to see more. Especially from "Rust". Hes such a cool character and Matthew portrays it so well... would be pretty dumb if they just up and changed everything next season. anyone know any more about how this will work?

I thought about it my brother & even though it'd suck it toally makes sense to the full unless it's not a prequel story about Detective Cole's undercover time in Houston they've mentioned a few times.
I mean it can't go on from where it'll end in Season I 'cuz the act is already in the nowadays part of the script in which they're older & none of 'em is even in the force anymore.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Epidemik » Mar 3rd, '14, 19:00

Francesco wrote:
Epidemik wrote:
Francesco wrote:Absolutely... It'd be great it if was a 10 episodes season but it is what it is.

Id like to see that too.. 8 is so short...
also.. wikipedia says the series was pitched as an anthology format, with each season featuring a different cast of characters and story..?
so is MM and WH not gonna be starring in season 2? i don't get how this is going to work.. I don't see the story completely changing after the next 2 episodes.. that would be dumb.. im invested in thsese characters at this point and want to see more. Especially from "Rust". Hes such a cool character and Matthew portrays it so well... would be pretty dumb if they just up and changed everything next season. anyone know any more about how this will work?

I thought about it my brother & even though it'd suck it toally makes sense to the full unless it's not a prequel story about Detective Cole's undercover time in Houston they've mentioned a few times.
I mean it can't go on from where it'll end in Season I 'cuz the act is already in the nowadays part of the script in which they're older & none of 'em is even in the force anymore.

Good point haha..
The prequel thing would be awesome.. but I doubt it.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Going to be watching episode 7 tonight when I get home from work.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 3rd, '14, 21:31

Im in the sane boat epidemik. Aint seen 7 yet. Cant wait til im home lol
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 3rd, '14, 23:52

great episode.. all ima say :coffee:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » Mar 4th, '14, 00:05

Epidemik wrote:
Francesco wrote:
Epidemik wrote:Id like to see that too.. 8 is so short...

Good point haha..
Will be interesting to see what happens. Going to be watching episode 7 tonight when I get home from work.

:y: I agree...
Episode 7 was all about dialogue but it was definitely a nice build up for the last one... :worship:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 4th, '14, 03:40

Francesco wrote:
:y: I agree...
Episode 7 was all about dialogue but it was definitely a nice build up for the last one... :worship:

great intelligent television :y: im excited for next week, think somethings gonna happen to maggie or martys daughter tbh.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » Mar 4th, '14, 14:26

DetroitSkills wrote:
Francesco wrote: :y: I agree...

great intelligent television :y: im excited for next week, think somethings gonna happen to maggie or martys daughter tbh.

I thought it would get dangerous for them or for their relatives at some point but It's kinda going in the right direction now since they made their minds to do whatever it takes & started it. I mean they might have the chance to surprise whoever is behind the whole thing & hit first. Hopefully those cops won't fuck it up though...
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 10th, '14, 22:13

great fucking show.. :worship:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » Mar 11th, '14, 15:31

DetroitSkills wrote:great fucking show.. :worship:

Epic last episode... That fight scene was crazy. :worship:

Epidemik wrote:
Francesco wrote:
Epidemik wrote:Id like to see that too.. 8 is so short...

Good point haha..

Back on that topic... I loved the way it ended so it's even better for me now we won't have to wait for a whole year or whatever while guessing what's gonna happen next.
I mean I'll take it if Season 2 is about a totally new story happening in another town & with totally new characters. :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Epidemik » Mar 14th, '14, 20:27

Francesco wrote:Back on that topic... I loved the way it ended so it's even better for me now we won't have to wait for a whole year or whatever while guessing what's gonna happen next.
I mean I'll take it if Season 2 is about a totally new story happening in another town & with totally new characters. :y:

Agreed.. As bummed as I am to see it end.. im gald it actually has a good ending. Too many shows drag on and end up becoming so ridiculous. The ending was epic. I look forward to see whats happening with Season 2. Also who they are going to cast.. WH and MM are some big shoes to fill. should prove interesting.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Francesco » Mar 16th, '14, 14:00

Epidemik wrote:
Francesco wrote:Back on that topic... I loved the way it ended so it's even better for me now we won't have to wait for a whole year or whatever while guessing what's gonna happen next.

Agreed.. As bummed as I am to see it end.. im gald it actually has a good ending. Too many shows drag on and end up becoming so ridiculous. The ending was epic. I look forward to see whats happening with Season 2. Also who they are going to cast.. WH and MM are some big shoes to fill. should prove interesting.

I totally agree... :y: I loved it that way.
I guess we'll just have to wait & see what the script of that Season 2 is gonna be all about... & I hope they'll get some of the big actors on considering WH & MM did great in Season 1.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 25th, '14, 13:27

MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » Mar 27th, '14, 12:08