The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

In Flames - Siren Charms (September 5)

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: In Flames - Siren Charms (September 5)

Postby mdemaz » Apr 26th, '14, 03:40

I didn't really like the 2011 album, for some reason. Not that it was awful, I just couldn't really get into it. Maybe because it was an experimental album in some way, rather than their original formula which this new album is said to have back. Not that the old formula makes a band, bands can evolve and still sound good; but, playgrounds didn't do it for me strangely.

By the way, that album cover is fucking awesome.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby mdemaz » Apr 26th, '14, 04:35

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:
mdemaz wrote:I didn't really like the 2011 album, for some reason. Not that it was awful, I just couldn't really get into it. Maybe because it was an experimental album in some way, rather than their original formula which this new album is said to have back. Not that the old formula makes a band, bands can evolve and still sound good; but, playgrounds didn't do it for me strangely.

By the way, that album cover is fucking awesome.

I'm actually a fan of their new sound. I know they started out as a Death Metal band but I haven't heard any of those albums. I don't really like the genre at all because of the growls. But I've heard everything they've released since Soundtrack to your Escape and I love it.

I've been listening to some Melodic Death Metal bands with clean vocals like Scar Symmetry and Soilwork, though. :worship:

Honestly, their growling wasn't really any good. This is coming from a melodic death metal fan. I prefer clean singing in bands like this. They sounded really metalcorish and they came off as gimmicky on some of those singles they put out a while ago. Even though, In Flames has been together for a long time and probably helped pioneer metalcore, along with Sepultura, Pantera, Atreyu and all that. This being said, their previous albums from the early 00s overall were fucking amazing. I really liked their acoustic stuff, too.

I don't hate their new sound; it's more easy on the ears and the production is really crisp; but, it lacked the edge and intensity, I guess. I really like the vocalist's singing voice.

I hope they can amplify the intensity of the music and keep the clean singing.
Last edited by mdemaz on Apr 27th, '14, 04:50, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby NextEpisode » Apr 27th, '14, 00:34

Dope band. Takes me back 5-10 years! Swedish metal > *

NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Return to General Music