The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dilz - "Hook Ups" Mixtape

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Dilz - "Hook Ups" Mixtape

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 14th, '14, 04:40

Mixed and Mastered by Definitely Loud Entertainment, cover by Eedee.

Tracklist:
Take Me Away
I've Been Dead
Hard Times
Words Can't Describe
Never Change Again
Pick Up your Phone
Listen to your Heart
Kindergarten Days (Bonus)
Superman Remix (Bonus)
The Message (Bonus)
Xmas 2013

Link - http://dilzmusic.bandcamp.com/album/hook-ups
Feed - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=170528&p=2633619#p2633619
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Dilz - "Hook Ups" Mixtape

Postby KingZepII » Apr 14th, '14, 23:22

Downloading it now if its anything near as good as your last mixtape i will be happy :)
KingZepII
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 17th, '14, 11:34

thank you bro :) and please leave feedback so i know what to work on haha
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Atone » Apr 17th, '14, 16:16

Downloading this, and i plan to listen to it in full after i finish working in about an hour

Edit: Also, Dilz, whats ur twitter name? i'm gonna tweet ur link out for ya as well
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 21st, '14, 01:30

thank you bro :) twitter name is @DilzMusic
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jaba » Apr 27th, '14, 02:14

Your probably my favorite artist on TR that I have heard! I just downloaded this. I am currently working on an album. Want to feature on it?
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Apr 27th, '14, 08:07

I'ma feed this in full at some point soon. <3
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 27th, '14, 10:21

Brainless wrote:Your probably my favorite artist on TR that I have heard! I just downloaded this. I am currently working on an album. Want to feature on it?

thank you bro. make sure to also check out the bro eedee on these forums haha. and yea bro send whatever to dilzmusic@hotmail.co.nz
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby MistaVijilantee » Apr 28th, '14, 09:54

Overall solid tape, your best by far I think.
Here are my thoughts on each track.

1. Take Me Away

Man, I've heard many different MC's spit over this beat but I've got to say you do as good a job if not better than most on doing it justice.
I dig you get personal on this, some of it I find very relate able and in general it's well delivered.
However, even though the lyric is good: "I try to let it out I express it with this anger, I haven’t felt like this since gran was messin’ with the cancer", you stretch it to far over the beat which doesn't really work out and sounds clumsy, this happens a few times over the song but in more subtle ways.

2. I've Been Dead

I feel like on this tape you're expressing more personal stuff like talking about things that you are and/or have gone through but in a way as so it's not naval gazing.
I can't complain to much about this track apart from again the flow is a bit iffy occasionally but your delivery masks it pretty much through.

3. Hard Times

"Working at a job that I hate with a passion, waiting for the day that I make it in rappin’, wake up in the morning to go and do some slave work, when I should be working on features for a paid verse".
I feel ya, bruh. Real shit right there.
Recording quality could be better - maybe it's the mixing? - it's better than average obviously but it's missing something I guess. Replay value on this motherfucker is pretty high though :y:

4. Words Can't Describe

So, recently you've been writing a lot about your ex - fair enough - and I'm curious has she heard any of these songs and how does she react?
Flow hits every time throughout this, lyrics are on point and that vocal sample...words just can't describe haha.

5. Never Change Again

Mixing and overall vocals sound tight on this, not a bad cut.
Can't think of anything else. Getting your Drake on a bit here haha it's all good though.

6. Pick Up Your Phone

The fact that you're tackling more concepts then you have been in the past is dope but - I know the mixtape is called "Hook Ups" - I'd like to hear more variety.
You can have a relationship/love song ever few songs - I'm not trying to tell you what to do - but think about the fact people might be listening to this as a complete work not just a few songs here and there so change it up more so it doesn't get to repetitive.
As much as that might be what is a big part of your life right now I wanna hear about other shit, your thoughts yada yada :coffee:

7. Listen To Your Heart

My thoughts are pretty much the same here as they are on "Pick Up Your Phone".
It isn't terrible but it gets a bit boring - don't take my word for it I've got a short attention span haha.

8. Kindergarten

Yes.
Nice nostalgic vibe behind it.
Gives a good general overview of what you're dealing with in live currently, this is a "real" song not in a traditional sense but you get what I mean.
Kicking facts, dog. Digging this, some funny lyrics too :y:
Is that a Rug Rats sample btw?

9. Superman

I cringed a bit when listening to this.
There are songs about sex/lust that are done incredibly well and great to listen to but unfortunately this isn't well one of them.
I think it was a poor choice of beat, the rhyming doesn't really stand out and you do have potential to make a joint like this but not this one.
Bit of a miss, tbh. That's my opinion.

10. The Message

Very good way to finish off this.
Enjoyed this song a lot, lyrics are entertaining, flow is there and the message is clear.
"I have yet to scratch the surface but at least I have a purpose", yo this particular line describes your music right now, you've got a good sound going, good range of songs most of the time and your flow & delivery are good but there are a few flaws here and there that don't ruin the music but could be fixed.

Cheers.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby FxTDilz » May 12th, '14, 05:30

Yea the mixtape has two reasons for being called "Hook Ups", every song (that isn't a bonus) is over a beat with a sampled hook, and then the second reason is that the mixtape is trying to show how my life is progressing since leaving my ex, who was a big part of my life for 3 years.. so the first song "take me away" mentions not being able to live without her type thing cus that was the mind frame i was in, half way through the tape i do "never change again" where i'm saying i'm ready for another relationship, the last song (before bonuses) is "listen to your heart" where i'm admitting i've found a new girl and fallen in love again. I just chucked this mixtape out as a little way of showing you can love again and the different mind frames you go through after a break up. These songs were all originally for another mixtape I'm working on now (which of course will be a standard mixtape with many different topics and styles) but I felt like they told to much of a story just to chuck all over the place. This is a project for myself in a way. And I'm not sure if my ex has heard my songs mentioning her other than Spacebound, i know she heard that one and wasn't to happy with it lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 12th, '14, 06:22

Take Me Away
Hook is dope, I dig it. Beat is nice too, kind of an ominous feel on it. First verse is dope, very vivid and the delivery is somber enough to match the lyrics. Sometimes you don’t pronounce words fully when you rap; it isn’t often but I’ve noticed it a few times. Insomnia is the instance in the first verse haha. Just something to work on. Second verse is very dope, nothing to say about that one mane. Good shit.

I’ve Been Dead
Another dope beat. Like the guitar strings too. The hook is a bit iffy for me, I wasn’t really feeling it but whatever haha. That kaleidoscope bar is dope breh. Nothing crazy on the first verse. I liked your flow, it seemed a bit different from your usual flow. There was one part where you sped up a lot, I think because you took too large of a breath in between the bar but YOLO. Really like your delivery here, the emotion is something I don’t hear much from you, which is weird since most of your stuff is emotional. Seemed really passionate. Verse three is epic, you do a nice job matching the increasing intensity of the beat with your delivery. Very nice.

Hard Times
I really like the hook on this one. The beat is fucking dope too. That seesaw line is dope tbh. Flow was pretty simple but it works for the beat, got no complaints there. I thought the ad libs might’ve gone a bit too long but there was a space in between bars you had to fill so I guess I get it. Like the money theme of this one, not something I think I’ve heard from you before.

Words Can’t Describe
I haven’t listened to this entire song yet but I’m guessing this is about rap? I’ll update in the paragraph if I’m right or not. Anyway, beat is dope as usual on this one. I think I wrote to this a while ago. Hook sounds kinda creepy but I like it. Verse 1 is solid. Verse 2 is dope as well. You didn’t come out and say it so it might not be about rap but I heard the whole song with that vibe hahaha. Oh well. This is prob my second fave so far behind Hard Times.

Never Change Again
I love this beat/hook. I wrote and recorded to it a while ago and it’s still a personal fave. Mixing on this one feels good. The delivery on “cock inflated” was a bit weird, and honestly I’m not a huge fan of the line but it’s just one line haha. The opening of verse two is fucking sick. The flow/delivery and lyrics are on point man, very honest shit with some solid writing to back it. Really like the repetition at the end of your verses on not just this song but a few others. Strong way to close out your verses.

Pick Up Your Phone
This one seems pretty brutally honest. The writing on it is really, really good. I feel like the end of the second verse caught me off guard but I guess that’s life man. Your reaction to it at first made me feel a bit weird, especially with you blowing off her hard “no” as eventually she’ll come around, but I think that’s a pretty good look into how it feels to be in love with someone. Shit’s kinda hopeless and this encapsulates the reasons to keep hope. Noice.

Listen To Your Heart
I like the sample tbh. This tape feels a lot like one inspired by a female. The progression of the songs is kind of like the start of a relationship and that’s pretty cool. Writing is solid as usual man. Seemed very heartfelt. The last verse is the best on the song, you did a really good job of being really descriptive while maintaining flow and rhymes. Not too much else to say on this one.

I'll feed the bonus songs later but the kindergarten days song is sick, I love that sample haha.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Jaba » Aug 1st, '14, 17:39

When is ur next album/tape coming out?
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby FxTDilz » Aug 16th, '14, 03:01

Mr.DGAF wrote:Take Me Away
Hook is dope, I dig it. Beat is nice too, kind of an ominous feel on it. First verse is dope, very vivid and the delivery is somber enough to match the lyrics. Sometimes you don’t pronounce words fully when you rap; it isn’t often but I’ve noticed it a few times. Insomnia is the instance in the first verse haha. Just something to work on. Second verse is very dope, nothing to say about that one mane. Good shit.

I’ve Been Dead
Another dope beat. Like the guitar strings too. The hook is a bit iffy for me, I wasn’t really feeling it but whatever haha. That kaleidoscope bar is dope breh. Nothing crazy on the first verse. I liked your flow, it seemed a bit different from your usual flow. There was one part where you sped up a lot, I think because you took too large of a breath in between the bar but YOLO. Really like your delivery here, the emotion is something I don’t hear much from you, which is weird since most of your stuff is emotional. Seemed really passionate. Verse three is epic, you do a nice job matching the increasing intensity of the beat with your delivery. Very nice.

Hard Times
I really like the hook on this one. The beat is fucking dope too. That seesaw line is dope tbh. Flow was pretty simple but it works for the beat, got no complaints there. I thought the ad libs might’ve gone a bit too long but there was a space in between bars you had to fill so I guess I get it. Like the money theme of this one, not something I think I’ve heard from you before.

Words Can’t Describe
I haven’t listened to this entire song yet but I’m guessing this is about rap? I’ll update in the paragraph if I’m right or not. Anyway, beat is dope as usual on this one. I think I wrote to this a while ago. Hook sounds kinda creepy but I like it. Verse 1 is solid. Verse 2 is dope as well. You didn’t come out and say it so it might not be about rap but I heard the whole song with that vibe hahaha. Oh well. This is prob my second fave so far behind Hard Times.

Never Change Again
I love this beat/hook. I wrote and recorded to it a while ago and it’s still a personal fave. Mixing on this one feels good. The delivery on “cock inflated” was a bit weird, and honestly I’m not a huge fan of the line but it’s just one line haha. The opening of verse two is fucking sick. The flow/delivery and lyrics are on point man, very honest shit with some solid writing to back it. Really like the repetition at the end of your verses on not just this song but a few others. Strong way to close out your verses.

Pick Up Your Phone
This one seems pretty brutally honest. The writing on it is really, really good. I feel like the end of the second verse caught me off guard but I guess that’s life man. Your reaction to it at first made me feel a bit weird, especially with you blowing off her hard “no” as eventually she’ll come around, but I think that’s a pretty good look into how it feels to be in love with someone. Shit’s kinda hopeless and this encapsulates the reasons to keep hope. Noice.

Listen To Your Heart
I like the sample tbh. This tape feels a lot like one inspired by a female. The progression of the songs is kind of like the start of a relationship and that’s pretty cool. Writing is solid as usual man. Seemed very heartfelt. The last verse is the best on the song, you did a really good job of being really descriptive while maintaining flow and rhymes. Not too much else to say on this one.

I'll feed the bonus songs later but the kindergarten days song is sick, I love that sample haha.

I only just read this bro, awesome feed, thank you :)
and I have an album called "Metamorphosis" in the works and a mixtape called "Lost and Found" in the works also. The mixtape will drop in the next couple of months, unsure of the album but Flawless Real Talk and SwizZz are both on it ;)
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Audio Stage