The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Internet: Good or Bad?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Internet: Good or Bad?

Postby kasia » May 15th, '14, 16:20

Menzo wrote:I think almost instant access to music is brilliant these days, especially for aspiring artists.

true that :y:

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoda you can call me » May 16th, '14, 01:03

Menzo wrote:I think almost instant access to music is brilliant these days, especially for aspiring artists.

Yeah but it's got to the point where all those really bad intenet artists spam the shit out of everything that everyone ignores them now, most aspiring internet artists are met with disdain these days.
I certainly think that we've lost respect for what an artist goes through to deliver their art because of the instant and free access. Even Hollywood has suffered because of this, they started churning out shitty remakes. Things like SOPA may of helped reverse that but who the fuck wants SOPA right?
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby kasia » May 16th, '14, 07:23

btw I hate the fact that ANYONE can get famous thanks to youtube now, lol. I understand if someone is taleneted etc. but some ppl get famous because of stupid/silly things :facepalm

It's not only youtube, but blogs and stuff like that. I'm really tired of these 'celebrities'. :facepalm2

And comes again
That ain't me
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » May 16th, '14, 09:16

kasia wrote:btw I hate the fact that ANYONE can get famous thanks to youtube now, lol. I understand if someone is taleneted etc. but some ppl get famous because of stupid/silly things :facepalm

It's not only youtube, but blogs and stuff like that. I'm really tired of these 'celebrities'. :facepalm2

jealous?
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby kasia » May 16th, '14, 09:26

DetroitSkills wrote:
kasia wrote:btw I hate the fact that ANYONE can get famous thanks to youtube now, lol. I understand if someone is taleneted etc. but some ppl get famous because of stupid/silly things :facepalm

jealous?

not at all. I just think some 'celebrities' here are pathetic :facepalm

And comes again
That ain't me
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » May 16th, '14, 09:30

kasia wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:

jealous?

not at all. I just think some 'celebrities' here are pathetic :facepalm

gotta agree tbh :y:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby yoda you can call me » May 16th, '14, 22:02

Menzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Yeah but it's got to the point where all those really bad intenet artists spam the shit out of everything that everyone ignores them now, most aspiring internet artists are met with disdain these days.
I certainly think that we've lost respect for what an artist goes through to deliver their art because of the instant and free access. Even Hollywood has suffered because of this, they started churning out shitty remakes. Things like SOPA may of helped reverse that but who the fuck wants SOPA right?

I know. It's unfortunate that a lot of horrible forms of 'entertainment' amuse so many people and literally only became big because they are shit.

I still think talent in the entertainment business will prevail.

I agree breh :y:

Menzo wrote:

Perfect.

I agree 100%
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Maddie » May 17th, '14, 03:57

One of the greatest writes of the horror/drama field Daniel Knauf was found on the internet. If people are noticing the spam artist, it's because the attention they have is directed to spam artists.
Maddie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby yoda you can call me » May 17th, '14, 20:26

Maddie wrote:One of the greatest writes of the horror/drama field Daniel Knauf was found on the internet. If people are noticing the spam artist, it's because the attention they have is directed to spam artists.

I must look this guy up, i'm an avid fan of the horror genre.
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby NextEpisode » May 17th, '14, 22:08

Are you guys really that bothered about who becomes famous on YouTube? Who are we to decide that X "deserves" to be famous but not Y...

Internet & YouTube allows YOU to select which content you think is interesting. If you want to listen to stupid shit, do so, and if that makes the guy who puts out stupid shit famous, good for him. He must've done something that other people enjoyed.

YouTube (or Internet in general) is indeed a place where everyone can bring what they have to the table -- and it has increased the degree of equality of opportunity substantially...
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Maddie » May 18th, '14, 04:52

Yoda wrote:
Maddie wrote:One of the greatest writes of the horror/drama field Daniel Knauf was found on the internet. If people are noticing the spam artist, it's because the attention they have is directed to spam artists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniv%C3%A0le

Did you ever watch the Carnivale Series on HBO? He is the brainchild. I have both seasons on DVD. I must say the psychological horror is really well plaid out. The mining town episode really bugged me.
Maddie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby yoda you can call me » May 18th, '14, 16:10

Maddie wrote:
Yoda wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniv%C3%A0le

Did you ever watch the Carnivale Series on HBO? He is the brainchild. I have both seasons on DVD. I must say the psychological horror is really well plaid out. The mining town episode really bugged me.

Nah I've never heard of it. I much prefer reading horror but i'll give it a view. thanks :y:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » May 27th, '14, 11:14

NextEpisode wrote:Internet & YouTube allows YOU to select which content you think is interesting. If you want to listen to stupid shit, do so, and if that makes the guy who puts out stupid shit famous, good for him. He must've done something that other people enjoyed.

YouTube (or Internet in general) is indeed a place where everyone can bring what they have to the table -- and it has increased the degree of equality of opportunity substantially...

I agree with you. And like I said somewhere here, internet can be great, you have access to all kind of information and people have more opportunities...

But it is also showing more easy the stupidity of some people. Like I said when I was a teen , you had to buy magazines to get information about your favorite artists and somehow it was better. Some people I admired, after they got a twitter, I saw how retarded they can be.

Everybody is free to posts videos in youtube and it's great that they have more opportunities to success, but it's also showing the big human stupidity. To talk clear. And it seems it will go to worse.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby MistaVijilantee » May 27th, '14, 12:18

One of the things I really dislike about the Internet is it gives someone as sense of power because they can be anonymous - and they lose all respect & courtesy of other people.
For example, I had a kid diss on me because of a song of mine - he posted this in a closed FB group, which I was not apart of - however my brother was and he told me.
The next day I saw this cunt who'd spent some of his Friday night making fun of me effectively behind my back and I asked him about it.
Response:
"What? I don't remember posting it? Nah man, you're a cool guy yada yada".
It's not that I'm particularly intimidating or scary, i'ts the fact that people want to believe they have the right to attack people online before becoming soft as baby shit when you confront them about it in person purely because they're gutless dogs.
I've had to check so many keyboard warriors it's not funny, and these people are usually the scrawny little fuckwits that don't say much offline, I've never felt threatened by any "troll" on the Internet because the type of people that do that aren't people to be scared of.

Other than that, the Internet's fucking awesome bruh :y:
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kasia » May 29th, '14, 11:22

NextEpisode wrote:Are you guys really that bothered about who becomes famous on YouTube? Who are we to decide that X "deserves" to be famous but not Y...

Internet & YouTube allows YOU to select which content you think is interesting. If you want to listen to stupid shit, do so, and if that makes the guy who puts out stupid shit famous, good for him. He must've done something that other people enjoyed.

Yeah, I am. Yeah YouTube allows me to select things, but I hate seeing these dumb 'famous' faces all over the Internet, press, TV, radio, adverts, EVERYWHERE. It pisses me off that REAL ARTISTS don't get that (or any) attention, because media (including Internet of course) prefers to promote density, (sex) scandals, idiots. :facepalm

Don't get me wrong though, Internet is a GREAT THING if you know how to use it right.

PS. Hendrix in your sig :worship:

And comes again
That ain't me
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate