The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Lebron James

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Lebron James

Postby classthe_king » Jun 10th, '14, 23:36

If we're saying the best athlete has to come from the sport with the most physical activity then it'd probably be Adrian Peterson because football is definitely #1 in that category
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jun 10th, '14, 23:37

Trimss wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:Lebron has the most well-rounded athletism. His physical attributes are unreal, he's like a superhuman.

Ronaldo is easily faster and has better endurance for sure.

Overall though Lebron is a better athlete, he's fast, agile, and strong all in a great balance making him a force unlike like any other. Unearthly skills.

Ronaldo is definitely one of the best athletes in the world though.

But so is Cristiano. He's fast as fuck, really agile (you seen his jumps, you seen how easy he can play with the ball, you've seen his acceleration) and you know how strong he is when he wants, and how hard he can shoot the ball and even push his opponents when he wants to.

This debate is pointless and won't lead us anywhere but I don't think Lebron is the best athlete in the world. I don't think the best athlete in the world can be a basketball player because basketball, while being a beautiful and really good sport, doesn't require as much physical activity as some other sports.

Basketball is a very physically demanding sport though.

You can't just measure athletism solely on physical endurance. There are plenty more attributes that factor in athletism. In my argument, he has the most physical attributes and they're balanced giving him the ability to do what he does. Lebron could easily be an American Football player and maybe even a baseball player because his skills translate well because of how varied and well balanced he is in physicality.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jun 11th, '14, 00:55

lolwut
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby HotDawg » Jun 11th, '14, 01:12

SajN wrote:Why the fuck does that matter lol

Lebron is that size and runs as fast as the soccer players. He may not have as much endurance as them but that's because soccer players are twigs.
HotDawg
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Fleka » Jun 12th, '14, 09:36

Menzo wrote:This is the stupidest thread I've ever had the displeasure of ever reading amongst a long list of SHITTY threads.

Are there athletes that are in the same conversation as Lebron for their respective sports? Yes, and if you say otherwise then you are completely delusional and fucking retarded.

No soccer player can do what Lebron/Kobe/Jordan does, no basketball player can do what Messi/Ronaldo/Zidane does, no player from those aforementioned sports can do what Gretzky/Crosby does.
-
I'm referring to the arguments each person brings btw, not the idea of the thread

I agree.

Lebron is an amazing athlete, his size and his speed are out of this world. I have so much respect for him. But also..khm-steroids-khm... Just look at his jaw. Still, an mazing player and athlete.

Class, soccer is just about how quick you are with your feet? Wow, you know nothing about soccer, so you should shut up. Please. I agree that basketball has more...finesse and skill needed than soccer to be good at, but soccer is soooo much more than quick feet. Go to You Tube and watch Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho... and you will see the skill those guys have.

C. Ronaldo is an amazing athlete also. His speed, how high he jumps, ball control in full speed...he is as amazing as Lebron.

@bigray-I think hockey is very hard to play, just skating alone. But I never watch it, don`t like it and I can`t talk about it.

My point-stop comparing different sports. There is no point. Lebron would be taken out of the court if he played a handball match, that sport is really tough. Or waterpolo, anybody ever tried that? Those guys are animals.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Spyder » Jun 13th, '14, 03:18

as far as team sports maybe...

its laughable to compare him to any MMA fighter, so lets not.

far as athleticism maybe, there are better for shooters, there are faster guys, there are stronger guys, track stars can jump higher, hes not top in any category what-so-ever. but hes good at all of them along with his basketball intelligence, so he sticks out.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Arrinef » Jun 13th, '14, 09:18

im a spurs fan by default, but even i can recognize lebron as being exceptional.

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby slimsoxshady » Jun 15th, '14, 01:11

Trimss wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo is more athletic. Faster too. No competition here

I guess you didn't see a video of him trying to throw a football last week? Ill save you the time...it was Embarassing
I believe that a true great athlete should be natural in every athletic thing one can possibly think of...if you throw a ball like a girl, then you're not a great athlete but just a great soccer player
#ThankYouRapGod
slimsoxshady
Addict
Addict

Postby Sea triscuit » Jun 16th, '14, 04:12

Fleka wrote:
Menzo wrote:This is the stupidest thread I've ever had the displeasure of ever reading amongst a long list of SHITTY threads.

Are there athletes that are in the same conversation as Lebron for their respective sports? Yes, and if you say otherwise then you are completely delusional and fucking retarded.

No soccer player can do what Lebron/Kobe/Jordan does, no basketball player can do what Messi/Ronaldo/Zidane does, no player from those aforementioned sports can do what Gretzky/Crosby does.
-
I'm referring to the arguments each person brings btw, not the idea of the thread

I agree.

Lebron is an amazing athlete, his size and his speed are out of this world. I have so much respect for him. But also..khm-steroids-khm... Just look at his jaw. Still, an mazing player and athlete.

Class, soccer is just about how quick you are with your feet? Wow, you know nothing about soccer, so you should shut up. Please. I agree that basketball has more...finesse and skill needed than soccer to be good at, but soccer is soooo much more than quick feet. Go to You Tube and watch Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho... and you will see the skill those guys have.

C. Ronaldo is an amazing athlete also. His speed, how high he jumps, ball control in full speed...he is as amazing as Lebron.

@bigray-I think hockey is very hard to play, just skating alone. But I never watch it, don`t like it and I can`t talk about it.

My point-stop comparing different sports. There is no point. Lebron would be taken out of the court if he played a handball match, that sport is really tough. Or waterpolo, anybody ever tried that? Those guys are animals.

I play water polo and it is tough, and some people consider it the hardest sport. I'd say either water polo or hockey is the hardest to play.
Sea triscuit
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Sports Arena