The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Best Dr. Dre Album

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

The Chronic or 2001?

The Chronic
31%
69%

Total votes : 35

Re: Best Dr. Dre Album

Postby Francesco » Jul 10th, '14, 12:20

Yoda wrote:
Francesco wrote:
Yoda wrote:Lets not forget his NWA ish, Niggaz 4 Life is awesome

Nobody can forget that homie... :y: I like Straight Outta Compton a lot more though 'cuz even though a stone cold classic Niggaz4Life felt so different... I mean naturally 'cuz Cube wasn't on it.

Yeah that's true homie. Niggaz4life edges it for me because of the beats. Some of Dre's best work imo.
This track is a pure hiphop classic though

:worship:

Fair enough Yoda... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby UofLCard » Jul 16th, '14, 04:58

Too many options.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby The Asshole » Jul 16th, '14, 05:14

2001, I like the Chronic but 2001's best songs I believe are better than the Chronics. Also because the album has two of my favorite Dre tracks, in The Watcher and Forgot about Dre. Everything about The Watcher :flutter:
The Asshole
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Dirrt » Jul 16th, '14, 07:21

This is a hard one, but I don't think they're comparable
If I had to chose 1 to listen to for the rest of my life it would be 2001
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Francesco » Jul 16th, '14, 11:15

Dirrt wrote:This is a hard one, but I don't think they're comparable
If I had to chose 1 to listen to for the rest of my life it would be 2001

Fair enough... :y: I mean naturally most or nearly all Em fans would choose to listen to 2001.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Dirrt » Jul 16th, '14, 13:34

I haven't picked 2001 because Eminem is in it haha
My answer isn't based on which one is better (I don't think they're comparable) but if I had to pick one out of the 2 to listen to forever, it would be 2001 as I like the variety of tracks :)
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Francesco » Jul 16th, '14, 13:43

Dirrt wrote:I haven't picked 2001 because Eminem is in it haha
My answer isn't based on which one is better (I don't think they're comparable) but if I had to pick one out of the 2 to listen to forever, it would be 2001 as I like the variety of tracks :)

I thought Forgot about Dre made it easy for you to pick... :y: I mean it'd make sense. As a matter of fact I can't say which one is better but if I had to pick which one to listen to I'd probably pick 2001 too.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Dirrt » Jul 16th, '14, 14:26

Forgot about Dre is of my favourite songs, granted :y: But not my reason to chose the album as a whole
It's executed and produced amazingly
The Chronic was like 9 years prior which is why they can't be compared imo
I know we're on an Eminem forum, but my reason for picking that album wouldn't be because of him, sorreh :)
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mike_88 » Jul 16th, '14, 14:41

2001. Every song on that album is a 100% Dr.Dre classic material.
In my top 10 of all time for sure.
Mike_88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Jul 17th, '14, 11:09

Dirrt wrote:Forgot about Dre is of my favourite songs, granted :y: But not my reason to chose the album as a whole
It's executed and produced amazingly
The Chronic was like 9 years prior which is why they can't be compared imo
I know we're on an Eminem forum, but my reason for picking that album wouldn't be because of him, sorreh :)

It's not even just about the 9 years if you ask me...
I've said it many times actually... both albums were groundbreaking & revolutionary & as you said executed & produced amazingly but they define two different Hip-Hop eras & movements.
It's all good by the way... :y:
Your so called second introduction in the Hi! My name is thread was great... I'm glad you joined the forum.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Dirrt » Jul 17th, '14, 13:49

Francesco wrote:It's not even just about the 9 years if you ask me...
I've said it many times actually... both albums were groundbreaking & revolutionary & as you said executed & produced amazingly but they define two different Hip-Hop eras & movements.
It's all good by the way... :y:
Your so called second introduction in the Hi! My name is thread was great... I'm glad you joined the forum.

I agree that both albums were ground breaking and revolutionary, I just think the comparison should be music released at a similar time, like AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, The Predator, Ready to Die, 36 Chambers, Doggystyle, Black Sunday and Tupac had a couple of albums out round then iirc
For me Dre vs Dre isn't a comparison with a 9 year gap and a lot of good shit got laid down at the time and in between that 2001 release.

The two different eras and movement is just stating the obvious and The Chronic is oldskool roots rap sound. 2001 grew with rap music and was a revelation when it came out as it upped the game imo, but before 2001 Ice Cube was doing shit like War & Peace and Snoop with Doggystyle - some clever tracks there! Telling a story through rapping (serious or fun) so you can get in the story and understand and feel their emotion is amazing.

All good here, just giving my opinion on it haha nothing wrong with a friendly debate. It's good when you find someone who has their own opinion :)

Thanks :D the Wembley thread really wasn't a place to say hello though was it haha, but I started to read some topics and thought it was a good place to read/discuss music.
There is a lot of "oh I like this track" and everyone says yeah man it's sick and then its end of topic for me imo ha. There are some good topics, I really like the creativity section.
I'm a watcher, observer and a lurker if anything tbh and I can’t deal with people continually being serious about music like they’re experts, cause music is about expression and feeling. Everyone hear, sees and feels different. These rappers must read people's shit some times and be like wtf, if you only knew why I wrote that haha it's not all serious shit.

True Wiz was right about staying out the Eminem section though :confusion:
Is everyone on the forum a stan or a stan pretending not to be?
Like Em's one of my idols for being a clever little bastard, but you won't find my head up his ass and I don't love everything he did just cause it's him…

I also voted 2001 :happy:
Dirrt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Francesco » Jul 17th, '14, 15:24

Dirrt wrote:I agree that both albums were ground breaking and revolutionary, I just think the comparison should be music released at a similar time, like AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, The Predator, Ready to Die, 36 Chambers, Doggystyle, Black Sunday and Tupac had a couple of albums out round then iirc
For me Dre vs Dre isn't a comparison with a 9 year gap and a lot of good shit got laid down at the time and in between that 2001 release.

I honestly can't compare none of those albums to one another just 'cuz of the time frame... they (the Ice Cube's ones apart) come totally different to me even though it's obviously about Gansta rap records coming at a certain period of time. I think I got what you mean though.

Dirrt wrote:The two different eras and movement is just stating the obvious and The Chronic is oldskool roots rap sound. 2001 grew with rap music and was a revelation when it came out as it upped the game imo, but before 2001 Ice Cube was doing shit like War & Peace and Snoop with Doggystyle - some clever tracks there! Telling a story through rapping (serious or fun) so you can get in the story and understand and feel their emotion is amazing.

The Chronic is the typical G-Funk album... as it is The Doggystyle for the most part & to be honest sound wise 2001 is not too much different.
Sound wise War & Peace is different to all 3 of them though but Cube is generally a different type of an artist anyway.
By the way I always loved Cube's lyrics... :worship:

Dirrt wrote:I'm a watcher, observer and a lurker if anything tbh and I can’t deal with people continually being serious about music like they’re experts, cause music is about expression and feeling. Everyone hear, sees and feels different. These rappers must read people's shit some times and be like wtf, if you only knew why I wrote that haha it's not all serious shit.

Fair enough... I'm pretty much very similar person if we talk about music to be honest. :y:

Dirrt wrote:Is everyone on the forum a stan or a stan pretending not to be?
Like Em's one of my idols for being a clever little bastard, but you won't find my head up his ass and I don't love everything he did just cause it's him…

There are all kinds of people on the forum.... Some even don't like Em at all.
As for myself... Em's not my idol & has never been but I love most of his music from day one... there are tracks I don't like or even dislike of course. For example I loved Calm Down's verse but didn't like the Twerk Dat, Pop That one at all.
Stick around & you'll definitely find a group of peeps that relate to you anyway. :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Josh » Aug 3rd, '14, 18:50

Up in the smoke tour and everything
Fantastic time , one Problem i was too young :loudcry:
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Aug 4th, '14, 10:07

joshimura wrote:2001
Up in the smoke tour and everything
Fantastic time , one Problem i was too young :loudcry:

The Up in Smoke Tour was something else indeed... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Mr Change » Aug 16th, '14, 17:19

Those beats :coffee:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermath Entertainment