The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

OFFICIAL trMetal Discussion

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Re: OFFICIAL trMetal Discussion

Postby mdemaz » Aug 7th, '14, 05:31

Just gave this a spin:

It's been 20 years since this gem came out, and it still sounds fresh.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 7th, '14, 10:40

Aone10 wrote:Chaos A.D is fucking great as well. Sepultura was so fuckin bad ass during the Max years.

:o That Machine Head demo sounds awesome, is there any more solid news regarding the release? I know they've been working on the album and I've seen a few of their video blogs (everything sounds awesome), but I haven't found anything in regards to the release.....

Don't think theres a release date yet, hopefully this year :flutter:
mdemaz wrote:Just gave this a spin:

It's been 20 years since this gem came out, and it still sounds fresh.

So many classic songs on that album, a Thrash Classic :worship:
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Aug 7th, '14, 21:35

Dry cell sounds like the offspring of Puddle of Mudd and Chevelle.

Chevelle is great btw.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Shpongle » Aug 8th, '14, 11:10

Like i was saying a couple of pages ago, looks like we might get something new from Coal Chamber on the 11th :D

"As they state in the below tweet, Coal Chamber will be making an announcement this coming Monday, August 11th.

Monday Aug 11 be prepared for a COAL CHAMBER ANNOUNCEMENT !

— COALCHAMBEROFFICIAL (@COALCHAMBEROFFI) August 7, 2014"

:rock:
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 8th, '14, 15:57

Aone10 wrote:Fuck yea!

Nu-metal making a comeback in 2014.

Wish we could have like a "Family Values" tour again or something similar though...or a Nu Metal Ozzfest :D That would be dope

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 8th, '14, 17:21

Aone10 wrote:Family Values in 2015 would be so awesome.... how about 3 metal acts like Korn, Slipknot, and Limp Bizkit mixed with 3 rap acts that metal fans dig like Wu-Tang Clan, Tech N9ne, and Yelawolf?

Shit would be crazy.....

What if now that Limp is on Cash Money, they kick off another Anger Management Tour with Lil Wayne? :confusion:

^The Anger Management tour was dope also, forgot about that...but not with Lil Wayne though, can't stand him lol
Maybe we get some tour like that in 2015, sure hope so :flutter:

Metal song for the weekend, it's one my favourite releases of 05...Bleed The Sky - Paradigm In Entropy
Love every single song on this album, you guys should check it out

Shitty quality, but couldn't find better on Youtube :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 11th, '14, 10:14

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:I liked it, I think I'll check it out.

Been listening to this the last few days. :rock:

I'm sure you'll like it :y:
Death Magnetic is fucking great, "Suicide & Redemption" :worship: Metallica always have the best intrumental tracks :y:

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:Finally finished the instrumental. Check it out guys. :y:

Not bad dude, keep it up :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 11th, '14, 10:26

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:
Shpongle wrote:
Aone10 wrote:Family Values in 2015 would be so awesome.... how about 3 metal acts like Korn, Slipknot, and Limp Bizkit mixed with 3 rap acts that metal fans dig like Wu-Tang Clan, Tech N9ne, and Yelawolf?

Shit would be crazy.....

What if now that Limp is on Cash Money, they kick off another Anger Management Tour with Lil Wayne? :confusion:

^The Anger Management tour was dope also, forgot about that...but not with Lil Wayne though, can't stand him lol
Maybe we get some tour like that in 2015, sure hope so :flutter:

Metal song for the weekend, it's one my favourite releases of 05...Bleed The Sky - Paradigm In Entropy
Love every single song on this album, you guys should check it out

Shitty quality, but couldn't find better on Youtube :y:

I liked it, I think I'll check it out.

Been listening to this the last few days. :rock:

I honestly think Rick did a decent job at producing Death Magnetic. People are only bitching about the mixes being too compressed because it's a Metallica record. St. Anger wasn't even that bad either. People really piss me off sometimes...
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Shpongle » Aug 11th, '14, 11:00

mdemaz wrote:I honestly think Rick did a decent job at producing Death Magnetic. People are only bitching about the mixes being too compressed because it's a Metallica record. St. Anger wasn't even that bad either. People really piss me off sometimes...

People like to bitch about Metallica no matter what they do, St. Anger is a good album for what it's meant to be, i like the "raw" sound of it, like Bob Rock said before "I wanted to do something to shake up radio and the way everything else sounds. To me, this album sounds like four guys in a garage getting together and writing rock songs." And that's exactly what it is :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 11th, '14, 15:48

Aone10 wrote:Death Magnetic was fucking great imo, and EASILY their best album since the black album. Rick Rubin is a god amongst men tbfh, especially in the metal world. He and Ross Robinson are my favorite record producers.

Word, best since The Black Album...did you liked the EP "Beyond Magnetic"?

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Josh » Aug 11th, '14, 16:06

i like metallica
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 11th, '14, 16:07

Now i gotta listen to Death Magnetic when i get home Image

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 11th, '14, 16:19

Aone10 wrote:Playing it at work. :rock:

The guy I share my office with is also a metal head and his favorite band is Metallica.

Name a band that's been around for as long as Metallica, still making albums and are still relevant to the music industry?! :D They were the first Metal band i got into, and my first concert was Metallica back in 99..i was 14

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 11th, '14, 17:03

Aone10 wrote:Nice!

I remember my dad playing Metallica and AC/DC records when I was a kid, but I didn't really get into them until St. Anger came out in 03' while I was in middle school. I picked it up then went and revisited all their older material and fell in love, from there I got into Slayer, Anthrax, and Pantera.

Always thought Megadeth sucked balls btw, am I the only one?

That's cool :y: the first Metallica album i bought was Master of Puppets :flutter: i do like some Slayer and Pantera songs/albums as well..."Reign in Blood" is a classic :worship:

Megadeth i'm not a fan to be honest, Mustaine is fucking great on guitar don't get me wrong, but for me he sucks as a frontman, and has 0 singing skills, and he sucks so bad live :facepalm specialy these days...but i wonder what Metallica would have been if they never had kicked Mustaine out :-k

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shpongle » Aug 12th, '14, 10:17

Aone10 wrote:That's about it tbh.

I agree, his singing is atrocious.

I cringe when I see their albums (and themselves) make lists for best metal albums of all time or best metal bands of all time.

I remember watching the MTV Icon dedicated to Metallica around the same time I got into them. :y:

Limp Bizkit owned that show with their performance of Welcome Home.

:worship:

That was an epic performance :worship: but i can't decide which one is my favourite, Limp Bizkit or this one :D

:rock: :rock:

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:What do you guys think of Trivium?

Don't really listen to them, they're a good band, but i can't sit through the whole album...it just doesn't grab my attention, i mean they're alot of bands doing what they do...even though they're probably top 5 on that genre :y:

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to General Music