The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Linkin Park General Discussion

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Linkin Park General Discussion

Postby Jaba » Aug 9th, '14, 04:18

Just an area to discuss LP. Seems like a lot of people like them on this site.

I'll start by saying I think Minutes To Midnight is very underrated. Doesn't really have a bad song on it. And it was a very creative album for them since their first 2 were very different than this one. Also this album has slow and less rock songs but also has it good fair share of heavy songs. What you guys think?
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Linkin Park General Discussion

Postby Mr Change » Aug 9th, '14, 04:24

inb4 the usuals assault this thread :laughing:

You know, honestly, I initially did not like Minutes to Midnight and considered it the worst Linkin Park album. I got into Linkin Park for how they blend genres of music and on MtM they dropped that in favor of seperating their sounds and focusing on straight up Rock or (rare) straight up rap, and I didn't like. However over the years it's mature sound has grown on me.

It's sort of a backwards evolution in that way with me and Meteora, though. Of course Hybrid Theory and Meteora got me into the band and I held both albums very highly but over time I've starter to realize Meteora for the clunky nonsense metal album and sound that it is. Not saying it's a bad album, but to me it's quality has sorta flattened in a way.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jaba » Aug 9th, '14, 04:28

Mr Change wrote:inb4 the usuals assault this thread :laughing:

You know, honestly, I initially did not like Minutes to Midnight and considered it the worst Linkin Park album. I got into Linkin Park for how they blend genres of music and on MtM they dropped that in favor of seperating their sounds and focusing on straight up Rock or (rare) straight up rap, and I didn't like. However over the years it's mature sound has grown on me.

It's sort of a backwards evolution in that way with me and Meteora, though. Of course Hybrid Theory and Meteora got me into the band and I held both albums very highly but over time I've starter to realize Meteora for the clunky nonsense metal album and sound that it is. Not saying it's a bad album, but to me it's quality has sorta flattened in a way.

M2M may be my second fav LP album. Really good IMO. I love the metalish songs. and I like their soft apporach on In Pieces, In Between, and Valentines Day/Hands Held High
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Aug 9th, '14, 15:09

'In Between' works perfectly where it is. And as good 'Across The Line' and 'No Roads Left' are, they don't sound quite finished. Minutes tracklisting was done the way it was for the album to constantly change between energetic tracks and calmer tracks, and those two would just not fit. They're too... middle of the road.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Aug 9th, '14, 19:02

One of the reasons I don't like Minutes to Midnight as much (even though as I stated it has grown on me over the years) is because it basically took the reasons why I first got into Linkin Park, the blending of genres, sounds, music, and did the opposite. Coming straight off the rap-rock and metal-hiphop trains, they pretty much decided to split it up and do one at a time, primarily focusing on the rock part. That's why on MtM instead of a blending you have extremes in the rock genre and very minimal Mike/Rapping. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just didn't appeal as much to me at the time. They pretty much made their first and only 'rock' record. (Their newest one sorta counts)

ATS is a different story, it completely flips the script and changes what is perceived to be the bands sound and makes it irrelevant, lol.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jaba » Aug 11th, '14, 02:31

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:I like MTM. My favorite tracks on the album are No More Sorrow, Valentine's Day and In Pieces. But they're fucking idiots tbh, how the hell did In Between make the final cut but these songs didn't? :facepalm2

@Jaba Did you ever check out Dry Cell? :y:

Actually, I haven't heard ANY of their unreleased shit. Could u maybe gimme a link to a list of a bunch of their unreleased songs?
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Aug 11th, '14, 02:36

BTW I actually LIKE ATS now. Gnna go buy it tomorrow :D
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Josh » Aug 11th, '14, 02:42

HT 10/10 Classic
Meteora 9/10 superb Album
MtM 7.5/10
ATS 4/10 !
LT 7/10
HP 8.5/10
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Aug 11th, '14, 02:57

Jaba wrote:BTW I actually LIKE ATS now. Gnna go buy it tomorrow :D

Sweet man nice to hear. It really is a richer music experience that doesn't appeal to everyone.

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jason M. » Aug 11th, '14, 10:34

There are 13 LPU CDs of unreleased shit for you to hear, Jaba. Have fun. But here are some of my favorites that don't appear on studio albums: Stick and Move, High Voltage, My December, A.06, Halo, What We Don't Know, Across The Line, No Roads Left, Asbestos, Debris, Homecoming, Basquiat, Pretend To Be, I Have Not Begun, Primo, Holding Company and Hemispheres. It's a great hour or two of music to listen to. Some of it is instrumental, some of it isn't. I Have Not Begun is probably the most confident Shinoda has ever been on the mic, Primo is the epic demo of I'll Be Gone, Debris is an incredibly powerful track and Holding Company is a Lost In The Echo demo that's about the most beautiful thing ever.

Also, you're in for a treat with the A Thousand Suns booklet. It's amazing.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 11th, '14, 10:45

Okay, I've been following this band since 2000, and I can tell you that they have undergone a lot of changes over the years, both musically and mentally. They changed their style up on Midnight, and people didn't like it. I liked it, but it did sound different from Meteora. Around that time, it felt like music was dying somehow; well, it really wasn't, but it seemed like that due to the fact that a lot of horrible acts were blowing up and stealing the veterans' thunder. They experimented more with electronic music and more ambient-based musical elements on Suns, and people really hated that, although I thought the record was okay. I feel like Living Things was a return to form and their latest album is a near classic.

But that's just how I see things. Other people may feel differently and have a different opinion on the newer albums, which is fine.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Jason M. » Aug 11th, '14, 16:07

^Fuck it, forgot those two. Love both.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chalky » Aug 17th, '14, 04:30

Linkin Park has always released some terrific music in my opinion. Still remembering hearing In The End for the first time, great track.
Chalky
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Aug 17th, '14, 04:55

True Wiz wrote:I like A Thousand Suns and Hybrid Theory

That's about it though

Their two best albums, imo.

Also, complete opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to LP's music. Neat.

:smoking:

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jason M. » Aug 17th, '14, 15:25

''A Thousand Suns'', followed by ''The Hunting Party''.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to General Music