The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Jay Z - Dead Presidents II

A place to discuss songs within our favourite genre.

Jay Z - Dead Presidents II

Postby shadyblogger » Aug 14th, '14, 05:47

Honestly such an amazing song. Pretty much musical perfection. 10/10 beat, 10/10 lyrics, 10/10 vocals, 10/10 flow, 10/10 song. I love everything about this song. How can music be this good, seriously?
Last edited by shadyblogger on Aug 14th, '14, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Jay-Z - Dead Presidents II

Postby Solace » Aug 14th, '14, 05:49

I agree, I love Reasonable Doubt and this is the obvious stand-out song. D'Evils, Regrets, and 22 Two's are also up there with some of my favourite Jay-Z songs.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Jay-Z - Dead Presidents II

Postby shadyblogger » Aug 14th, '14, 05:51

Solace wrote:I agree, I love Reasonable Doubt and this is the obvious stand-out song. D'Evils, Regrets, and 22 Two's are also up there with some of my favourite Jay-Z songs.

:y: I also really enjoy Feelin It
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Jay Z - Dead Presidents II

Postby Solace » Aug 14th, '14, 05:53

Feelin' It is fantastic, good choice. I think the only song on Reasonable Doubt I don't care for is Cashmere Thoughts; it never clicked with me I guess. It's a dope verse nonetheless when I sit through it during album playback but it's never been heavy on the replay value as a standalone song for me. Is RD your favourite Jay project?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Aug 14th, '14, 05:56

Love this song. Reasonable Doubt has a lot of songs I love but I find myself having trouble listening to the album as a whole. I lose interest.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby shadyblogger » Aug 14th, '14, 06:02

Solace wrote:Feelin' It is fantastic, good choice. I think the only song on Reasonable Doubt I don't care for is Cashmere Thoughts; it never clicked with me I guess. It's a dope verse nonetheless when I sit through it during album playback but it's never been heavy on the replay value as a standalone song for me. Is RD your favourite Jay project?

Yeah. I find the first two-thirds of the album to be practically perfect and then you get some iffy songs here and there with Cashmere Thoughts being one of them. But still it doesn't really weigh down the album that much which is good.

As far as favorite Jay albums, it's between this and The Black Album. I'd probably give The Black Album the edge though. :y: What's your favorite Jay album?
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Solace » Aug 14th, '14, 06:07

Admittedly I'm not much of a Jay fan. He has a pretty lengthy discography but it's all very solid from what I've heard (RD, TBA, AG, WTT, MCHG; I think they're all great). I used to listen to BP3 when it came out but I can't recall most of it at this point and it's been years since. Death of Autotune was crack. That being said, Reasonable Doubt is easily my favourite album of his. I'm thinking I should listen to The Blueprint sometime soon though.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Aug 14th, '14, 06:16

Solace wrote:Admittedly I'm not much of a Jay fan. He has a pretty lengthy discography but it's all very solid from what I've heard (RD, TBA, AG, WTT, MCHG; I think they're all great). I used to listen to BP3 when it came out but I can't recall most of it at this point and it's been years since. Death of Autotune was crack. That being said, Reasonable Doubt is easily my favourite album of his. I'm thinking I should listen to The Blueprint sometime soon though.

Yeah. I have more trouble ranking Jay's albums than I do Em's (and it's not just cuz he has more of them) so I gave up on that for now. I really like a lot of Jay's work.

You should definitely listen to The Blueprint. I love that album as well. If I'm talking about ranking Jay's albums then The Blueprint is as close a third as you can get being right behind The Black Album and Reasonable Doubt. I love all 3 so it's really hard for me to say that I like one more than the other even if it's just a little bit cuz those 3 are all damn close imo
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Solace » Aug 14th, '14, 06:22

Real. His verses on Renegade were really great so if even half of the album is on par then it should live up to my expectations. Someone linked a fucking hilarious video of Jay-Z on the Letterman show, just felt like that's appropriate to bring up here. Seems like a funny motherfucker.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Aug 14th, '14, 06:29

Solace wrote:Real. His verses on Renegade were really great so if even half of the album is on par then it should live up to my expectations. Someone linked a fucking hilarious video of Jay-Z on the Letterman show, just felt like that's appropriate to bring up here. Seems like a funny motherfucker.

Haha yeah I love Jay :y:

The thing about The Blueprint (at least I find this to be true) is that the production is superior on that album but at times his lyrics and flow aren't the sharpest (at least not when compared to The Black Album's and Reasonable Doubt's) but the superior production almost makes up for it.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby mdemaz » Aug 14th, '14, 06:50

I've loved this track since I first heard it.

It's on point so hard.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby shadyblogger » Aug 14th, '14, 06:53

mdemaz wrote:I've loved this track since I first heard it.

It's on point so hard.

:y: It truly is
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TRSL » Aug 28th, '14, 21:57

Part 1 is better
TRSL
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Aug 29th, '14, 15:19

I consider this one of my favorite rap songs of all time, def one of Jay's best
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Notalius » Sep 6th, '14, 11:19

I prefer the first one tbh ..

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to Hip Hop Reviews