The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 10th, '14, 10:36

Double post, but whatever.

It was actually cool going to a world cup game, I didn't have time to change my clothes after work, so I couldn't go anymore inapropiate. Walking so much in heels, I think I injured a bit my left knee. Today is hurting like there's no tomorrow.

Much more Slovenes than USA aficionados. They actually were only 6 point behind in the first half, but in the second half it all went downhill.

I could see that guy Cousins or whatever it's his sourname very close. They are huuuuuuuuuuuge all ways, you can't even imagine by watching in the tv. I felt like a midget.

The drinks were craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy expensive.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 10th, '14, 13:05

Calandre wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:It was actually cool going to a world cup game, I didn't have time to change my clothes after work, so I couldn't go anymore inapropiate. Walking so much in heels, I think I injured a bit my left knee. Today is hurting like there's no tomorrow.

Girl... :shakehead:

I always change my heels for my trainers...

haha, I thought I would have time to step at home, but my coworkers (I went wit them) wanted to dinner something at a place before.

I have no problem in walk with heels, but Montjuic always kills me, we could do in bus but we went walking...Do you know the little rubber the heels have at the end?? I burned it completely.

The way back home in the subway was a mess with lots of angry slovenians going back to their hotels!! no really, they seemed nice people, didn't cause problem at all. So this was my experience.

I hope Spain will have good luck tonight against France!! I'll be suffering watching.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 11th, '14, 09:43

We lost. I almost got a heartattack watching the game. There was a moment we were just 1 point behind and even they were behind us.

We played terrible, so it's fair. Lot of tension . The tecnical foul of Pietrus against Llull was... :shakehead:

There was a french player who looked fucking amazing!!

Not a good year for Spain in competitions, I lost interest in this world cup, couldn't care less who win now, probably USA.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 11th, '14, 12:46

I want my money back.........all that we paid for nothing. :unsure:

Hope the people who wanted the Spanish team to be destroyed are happy.

It's been a bad year for Spain in sports, remember when we were on top of everything? Football, basket, Alonso in F1, Nadal in tennis....

organize tournaments in house gives us bad luck!!! we didn't play this bad since we 1986 when we already hosted the world cup.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 11th, '14, 14:46

France doing God`s work, justice is served.
Not happy, I hate the way sport is today, it`s all about the money. I always admired Spain`s basketball team.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 11th, '14, 15:09

Calandre wrote:Me right now:

I try to say OMM but I can't keep calm I swear.... :laughing:

I better leave this thread for the God's justice sake.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 11th, '14, 15:36

True Wiz wrote:
Fleka wrote:
Calandre wrote:FIBA probing whether Australia threw game vs. Angola to avoid US

:coffee:

Guess they are a little bit of a hypocrites...

You talking shit f4g3t?

Wiz, he is calling hypocrites the FIBA , not your country........

The only bad one is Spain, not worry. But France was possesed by God and the justice was served. The world is a better place now.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Ku53v » Sep 11th, '14, 17:15

Guess_Who wrote:Hope the people who wanted the Spanish team to be destroyed are happy.

I am, very much. Sorry but that team is full of cocky pricks
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fleka » Sep 11th, '14, 17:42

Trying to argue with women...it never ends well.
I had a problem with FIBA, they are responsible for the tournament system and refs. Ok? Not Spain. Next time WC will be somewhewre else and other interests will be involved.

But, I`m glad it all backfired.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ku53v » Sep 11th, '14, 19:39

Go Lithuania
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 11th, '14, 19:40

Ku53v wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:Hope the people who wanted the Spanish team to be destroyed are happy.

I am, very much. Sorry but that team is full of cocky pricks

And they are cocky pricks because ¿?....

Look I don't defend all the stuff that is from my country. But I can't understand the hate the national teams get in football and basket. It has nothing to do with us hosting the world cup, it was the same in Brazil with football.

Search anything related with Spain and basket and read the comments :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqIwCNhqX0

Pietrus was penalized for pushing Llull, but still we are gypsies and fuck "SPANIA", OK.

If you tell me Sergio Ramos or Gerard Piqué are cocky pricks I can get to understand you, but the basket team?? They seem to be absolutely humble and down to earth. And I know what I talk about, one of my friends is related with this sport as a journalist. She interviewd most of them, and another players from other countries too, and she always says it's a pleasure to deal with all this guys. And some of them could have reasons to be cocky. But they are not...I don't see the USA players getting so much hate and they are much more cocky if you ask me.

These are Gasol words after the game , google translate to English so it might so weird :

As for the match, denied that they had "underestimated to France" and explained that the loss came by "the worst match of the tournament by far" from Spain.

"The shooting percentage and rebounding demonstrate, have been the keys to the game. Preparation has been the same in every game. Has been a lack of concentration, intensity. France has come out very strong and the difference in the rebound has been tremendous. has lacked spark in important moments of the match and neither have been successful. That's preparation but mental preparation for each, "said Gasol.

cocky ah?

We just hosted this World Cup, it was a FIBA decission to make 2 groups, we didn't pay for it, we didn't get any help from the refs, I don't see our players being cocky pricks. But still we deserved to be destroyed, ok.
Our evil plan to became the champions failed. Bow down to the US.

And I am against the host country be helped. But what help did we get?? Really this things pisses me. I'm tired of defending Spain here, so think whatever you want.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Ku53v » Sep 12th, '14, 06:54

Guess_Who wrote:And they are cocky pricks because ¿?....

I don't speak for all the people hating on spain's national teams, all I know is Ive been watching them since like 2004 and guys like rubio, navarro, rudy fernandez, marc gasol are as cocky as it gets, on the court. The spanish media hyping them up doesn't help either.
I don't care about their relationship with journalists. And I sure don't expect Pau Gasol to act cocky after a big loss.

and yeah the US side is worse, that's why the only time I root for spain is when they play USA.
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 12th, '14, 09:17

^^ If I remember well, you are Argentinan, every Argentinan I know think we Spanish are cocky.

I was going to ask you to show me a video of them acting like cocky pricks, but this thread is sucking all my energy. So let it be.

I have no idea what I was thinking when I opened it, how could I know we wouldn't pay enough to make it to the finals!! anyway since I read that God blessed France to bring justice to the world I think this should be moved to serious debate, we are into something bigger than basket...

Spain is out, so fuck this talk, just comment on the remaining of the World cup.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 12th, '14, 10:32

Calandre wrote:
Fleka wrote:Trying to argue with women...it never ends well.

This is the same argument every guy in this forum uses when you cannot keep up with the ladies.

If you can't stand the heat
get out of my fucking kitchen

If we all use it-it must be some truth in it. ;)

Edit: http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/ ... -cup-final

Faried :worship:
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 12th, '14, 14:33

Noone here is saying that it was good that there was 2 groups, one for Spain and one for USA.

BUT THAT WAS A FIBA DECISION, ok? NOT SPAIN DECISION. For what Calandre said it happens in these competitions and it has nothing to do with Spain hosting the tournament, but Spain and USA being 1st and 2nd.

Now please stop with this shit. Spain is out. Be happy all you want and let it be. There are more teams and more things to comment, It's starting to be tiresome. I hope France to win the world cup, not particulary reason, just don't want Serbia or USA to win.

Dios, que paciencia hay que tener con estos tíos.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena