The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Jaba - Trapped (EP) - OUT NOW! (FREE)

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: Jaba - Trapped (EP) - OUT NOW! (FREE)

Postby Jaba » Sep 12th, '14, 23:18

Okay, so until I get a new mic, and so when I do. How should I record? How far away should I be from my new mic OR my laptop mic for best sound? Please tell me for both cus if laptop sounds fine I may not get a mic.
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Sep 13th, '14, 02:47

Jaba wrote:Okay, so until I get a new mic, and so when I do. How should I record? How far away should I be from my new mic OR my laptop mic for best sound? Please tell me for both cus if laptop sounds fine I may not get a mic.

Depends on the mic. And also if you have a pop filter or not. Usually a good foot away from the mic is good enough, but it all depends on how loud you're rapping too. If I'm whispering or talking, I get a bit closer than when I'm bellowing out lyrics lol
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Jaba » Sep 13th, '14, 16:06

Eedee wrote:
Jaba wrote:Okay, so until I get a new mic, and so when I do. How should I record? How far away should I be from my new mic OR my laptop mic for best sound? Please tell me for both cus if laptop sounds fine I may not get a mic.

Depends on the mic. And also if you have a pop filter or not. Usually a good foot away from the mic is good enough, but it all depends on how loud you're rapping too. If I'm whispering or talking, I get a bit closer than when I'm bellowing out lyrics lol

Thanks! I got this actually mic that plugs into an AMP. IS there anyway you think I could connect that too my laptop?
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheVipBro » Sep 13th, '14, 16:22

Jaba wrote:
Eedee wrote:

Thanks! I got this actually mic that plugs into an AMP. IS there anyway you think I could connect that too my laptop?

buy a 6.4 (i think that's what it is) mm to 3.5 mm adapter, also depending if your mic is mono or stereo, make sure you buy the correct one cuz then u might end up recording from just one side lol
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Sep 13th, '14, 16:52

Vipbro, how much are those?
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheVipBro » Sep 13th, '14, 18:06

probably cost like 50 cents lol, i got one for like 9 pesos
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Sep 14th, '14, 02:46

True Wiz wrote:
Jaba wrote:
True Wiz wrote:Jaba, I'd remove "© 2014 JabaRecords" from your album art, unless you actually own the copyright. Don't want to get sued.

(Also, you don't want to get sued for not owning "Jaba Records" either.)

its a joke. And I will for now on. Pretty sure no one will care. Also, I CAN really buy a 200 dollar mic, but i dont want to. Rapping is jus something fun I do. I do not wanna be a pro like Eedee or some shit. SO ill probs buy a 15 to 20 dollar mic. Rn i am using my mac book pros mic lol. ill try to pronounce better for now though. And post lyrics.

Listen man, I'm not trying to be a dick to you anymore. I realise I did take it bit too far with you.
I was just trying to be helpful, as I know how ugly all that can turn. You would be surprised how many hungry (low life) lawyers would be ready to jump on something like that. Same thing happened to me and my (former) company.

Also, I know you don't need a $200 mic, but I was under the impression that you wanted take this serious. I'm a firm believer in using what you've got.

Something like a turtlebeach headset would work pretty well. You can get the old Xbox set for like $40.
Thanks. And yeah, I just rap for fun. I am not trying to be a rapper like Eedee or something.
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Sep 17th, '14, 14:20

It's easy to own the copyright of something like an indie album. You can do it via mail.

This is just a free tape, though.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Josh » Sep 19th, '14, 20:20

in a few years this will be one of TR Classics
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Sep 19th, '14, 21:33

joshimura wrote:in a few years this will be one of TR Classics

MMLP is the greatest, trapped is a classic, but encore just didnt have the caliber to match it
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Sep 21st, '14, 13:03

classic

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby sneakerheadshady » Sep 22nd, '14, 21:48

i just DLed it, gonna listen as soon as i finish listening to whats bumping now. :worship:
#Silver #Rolly #bigray #Pain #flamez #charlotte #Hage #Samantha #guilty #eedee #horsefam #snake #raul #EG
horse wrote:You’ll never go gold, that’s why you’re just silver

Sneakerheads check out the sneaker thread!
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=164272&start=15
sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby sneakerheadshady » Sep 22nd, '14, 23:23

Intro - like the beat alot, like alot alot, your flow was off in some places but i really liked the voice u used and some of the lines were very nice

ALONE - hook is good, the chopped up flow is pretty cool. very chill song. again most lines are fine, but i definitely hear some parts where the flow is off. One part i think you meant to say 'think it was shit' but it was hard to hear, enunciate those bars a bit more. the hook in this song is very good, something you should pursue using

Hope - scratchy stuff at beg. is cool. beat drowns out alot of your first verse, its partly your rapping quietly and partly the mixing i think. I do like the old school feel mixed with some new influences. the message of this song seems to need something rapped with more of a powerful voice, this flow doesnt really fit the message imo

inspiration - good intro. Good, you seem more comfortable rhyming here. the homeless in a tent line kinda seemed cheesy

Didnt finish the album yet, i had to go somewhere, ill edit this later
#Silver #Rolly #bigray #Pain #flamez #charlotte #Hage #Samantha #guilty #eedee #horsefam #snake #raul #EG
horse wrote:You’ll never go gold, that’s why you’re just silver

Sneakerheads check out the sneaker thread!
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=164272&start=15
sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Eedee » Sep 25th, '14, 23:57

I've kinda already told you about what I think of this in Skype, but everyone is shitty starting out lmao. No offense, bruh. But you're grasping everything pretty quickly. Practice makes perfect, etc etc. You WILL get better, it's a given. And I look forward to seeing your progress :)
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 28th, '14, 00:22

How has this EP aged?
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Previous

Return to Audio Stage