The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Euthanasia

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Euthanasia

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 23rd, '14, 09:48

I would like to know your thoughts about it.

Recently I had to take my cat to the vet to euthanize him, he was dying without solution and suffering a lot. But I can tell you it was probably one of the hardest decissions of my life and it made me think about the whole thing.

What do you guys think about this? I not only talk about animals, but for people too.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Euthanasia

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 23rd, '14, 09:58

Same here.

I saw my grandmother being in a bed during years without being able of doing nothing and having a machine for everything.

But I have to say on the other side , my cat had no hopes at all, at the end he was almost not able to breath. But I've been feeling like shit since I did it, thinking maybe I should just let life takes it course. Who am I to decide when it's the moment to die.

We all know about people who recover from diseasses without hopes. It's a very delicate issue. I'm in favour , but I've been touched since I did it.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby HarryUltra » Sep 23rd, '14, 13:59

It's sad because people who decides about euthanisa, isn't the ones with overwhelming pain, and with no way out. They are healthy people, so it's easy to them to say it's murder. Everyone (should) have the right to choose the way he/she wants to live. And that includes the choice that you don't wanna live anymore. And in case of euthanasia, it's not just like "oh my girl left me, I want to die", there are people "living" with incredible pain, what kind of society would say "we can't do anything to make you feel better, live for years with pain and then die"? Our society.

So I support euthanasia, that's for sure.

BTW I recommend the book/movie/play called "Whose life is it anyway" it's about euthanasia, and it goes really deep.
"You handle your own when you become a man
You become a man when you handle your own"
HarryUltra
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 23rd, '14, 22:21

bigray wrote:
And for animals its kind of different beause they can't really speak....all the vets are doing is guessing and running tests....as well some vet clinics are literally a business and want your money although I'm sure they care about the animals. Its just tuff with animals unless it's clear the animal is suffering.

That was my problem, you can't ask a cat what he wants. Animals always have survival instinct. When the heart problem of my cat was diagnosed, chances to live over 15 days were very small, but he had a decent quality of life. And actually he lived a month an a half more.

The last days he could barely breath, so I had 2 options, let him drown in home, or euthanize him. And even if it can look very easy to take a decission , it was not. Because you wonder if it's better for them to die " at home" when life takes it course,without the stress that it is for them going to the veterinary clinic, and be on that table.

I did it because I think death by drowing it's terrible. But I'm really touched by all this. Being grabbing the cat, when they were eutanazing him was very traumatic for me. You feel really bad, like if you are stealing a life.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 23rd, '14, 22:31

Sorry for that too. I have to say I went through hard things in my life. And I promise , this is one of the times I broke me down the most. Not because it was mine, but it was a great cat, usually cats when they feel bad , they go to a place alone, but he was with me all the time, the last days too. He slept in my room.

I love animals, for some reason everything related to them affect me a lot. I would be unable to hurt an animal. So this was too much for me. I guess I'll feel better with the time.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 23rd, '14, 22:47

We just put my oldest dog down last friday. He was 14, kidneys and bladder were failing, he was going blind and his back legs were going out. Also he had amnesia. It was better to put him out of his misery then let him die in the house. I've had him since I was a little kid. I'll miss him :'( but thats life. It's a revolving door.
Last edited by TranSlucEnt on Sep 24th, '14, 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 23rd, '14, 22:50

Sorry for your lost too. :console: Think that he lived a long life. My cat only lived 5 years.

It's hard , but we did the best that we could. And I think when an animal is suffering so much is better to give them a dignified death.

I miss him a lot too. I feel the house it's half empty now.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyphantom91 » Sep 23rd, '14, 23:05

When I was younger I opposed this but as I've gotten older I became more open-minded about it. As someone said earlier in this thread if someone is suffering from a terminal illness and they are continuously in pain I think it is better to pull the plug. I believe in the sanctity of life but what is life if you are continually in pain.
[b]I float like B.I.G.'s spirit in this bitch I'm ghostly
Rush me, cause you aint gonna live to roast me/b]
shadyphantom91
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 24th, '14, 04:15

Personally I will put in my will that if I am diagnosed with a terminal illness, and if the suffering gets really bad somewhere a long the way as far as treatment goes, then just put me out of my misery. I wouldn't want my family to see me like that and live through it.
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby the real slim shady » Sep 26th, '14, 23:05

Put yourself in the cats position, but take away humans fear of death. Your cat didn't know it was going to die when it went to the vet, but was in pain and was suffering, and now it doesn't have to any more.
I've had two cats die, one was put down and the other died naturally, I saw both afterwards and I felt a lot better about the one that was put down because at least it looked peaceful.
Bear in mind you would be feeling bad regardless of how your cat died Emma, you feel bad about that part of it because that's how people deal with that kind of upset (as I know you already know), you find something to feel bad about that is tangible. The fact of the matter is your cat would have spent a few more days suffering and maybe you would have spent more time with it but it would have been time where your cat wasn't happy, and you would have known that and not been happy too. Not trying to be insensitive but that's just the truth of it, I feel you did the right thing.

As for people, very circumstantial and you can still enjoy yourself while in a debilitated state and be happy, but out of personal preference I would rather not put up with the pain, all the while knowing it will end the same way.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby yoda you can call me » Sep 27th, '14, 01:14

TranSlucEnt wrote:Personally I will put in my will that if I am diagnosed with a terminal illness, and if the suffering gets really bad somewhere a long the way as far as treatment goes, then just put me out of my misery. I wouldn't want my family to see me like that and live through it.

Pretty much this
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby UofLCard » Sep 27th, '14, 04:19

I support it, if there's nothing you can do with the animal and its especially suffering. And the same goes for people.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby mdemaz » Sep 27th, '14, 04:23

Yeah, but, if a human hurts you, it doesn't/'t get killed.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 27th, '14, 12:30

the real slim shady wrote:Put yourself in the cats position, but take away humans fear of death. Your cat didn't know it was going to die when it went to the vet, but was in pain and was suffering, and now it doesn't have to any more.
I've had two cats die, one was put down and the other died naturally, I saw both afterwards and I felt a lot better about the one that was put down because at least it looked peaceful.
Bear in mind you would be feeling bad regardless of how your cat died Emma, you feel bad about that part of it because that's how people deal with that kind of upset (as I know you already know), you find something to feel bad about that is tangible. The fact of the matter is your cat would have spent a few more days suffering and maybe you would have spent more time with it but it would have been time where your cat wasn't happy, and you would have known that and not been happy too. Not trying to be insensitive but that's just the truth of it, I feel you did the right thing.

As for people, very circumstantial and you can still enjoy yourself while in a debilitated state and be happy, but out of personal preference I would rather not put up with the pain, all the while knowing it will end the same way.

:y:

I feel better now, I know I did the best thing for the cat, he probably wouldn't live more than a couple of days and with a lot of agony.

But for some reasons it was very hard for me to do it and I felt incredibily guilty after. Being grabbing him and the way he died in my hands it affected me a lot. It all happened so fast, one month and a half ago I never imagined the cat had a diseasse and I would have to go through this.

@mdemaz, I really can't understand your last comment.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Serious Debate