The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Clocks go back: for possibly the last time

Post and have discussions on the latest news from around the world.

Clocks go back: for possibly the last time

Postby yoda you can call me » Oct 25th, '14, 20:37

The clocks will be turning back one hour tomorrow to mark the end of British Summer Time.

The time will officially be pushed back at 2am, which gives all of us an extra 60 minutes to enjoy over the weekend before most people resume their working week on Monday.

It could be the last time that the UK lags behind mainland Europe as MPs and academics are backing a switch to Central European Time, which is currently one hour ahead, to ensure lighter evenings throughout the year.

Scotland could run an hour behind the rest of the UK if they oppose the proposal to tick in time with Europe and petitions have been launched to stop changing the clocks completely.

From tomorrow, early-risers and commuters will be met with lighter mornings due to Daylight Saving Time and afternoons will also be drawn to a close earlier throughout the autumn and winter months ahead of Halloween on Friday.

The clocks last changed on 30 March when the time was pushed forward one hour to create longer and lighter summer nights.

Read more on site
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Clocks go back: for possibly the last time

Postby yoda you can call me » Oct 25th, '14, 22:21

Calandre wrote:
Yoda wrote:It could be the last time that the UK lags behind mainland Europe as MPs and academics are backing a switch to Central European Time, which is currently one hour ahead, to ensure lighter evenings throughout the year.

It won't happen if the Tories win the election next year.
They love being different to the rest of Europe - even on something as basic as this.
Changing the time in a country like the UK is ridiculous.

True
I love the early dark winter nights, i'll appreciate that extra hour in bed tommorrow as well
Fuck change tbh tbh
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SajN » Oct 25th, '14, 22:24

We also go back one hour tonight.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby yoda you can call me » Oct 25th, '14, 23:26

Calandre wrote:
Yoda wrote:True
I love the early dark winter nights, i'll appreciate that extra hour in bed tommorrow as well
Fuck change tbh tbh

What?
:facepalm

Im working tomorrow so that extra hour in bed will suit me fine
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to General News