The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Video exposes street harassment in New York

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Video exposes street harassment in New York

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 29th, '14, 21:02

It happens a lot in cities like Barcelona, there are streets I don't like to walk alone.

And what the hell is wrong with construction workers? they are are under construction near my house, this week I've listened the most stupid things ever by those guys....

" I must be death because I'm seeing an angel"...

" if you are poison I want to die"...

:unsure:

and things I won't repeat. I literally avoid to go there now...I find those things trully annoying. If I go walking alone , I honestly don't want anybody to annoy me.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Oct 29th, '14, 21:08

10/10 wid fok
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 29th, '14, 21:11

Hage wrote:"HARASSMENT"

'Have a nice evening'
'How are you doing this morning'

damn I harass people on a daily basis :*(

Obv is not that, but lot of men are really annoying in the street. I'm always nice with everybody and I try to answer that I'm not interested with education. But somes almost scare you.

Anyway like Calandre said, I wouldn't tell those things you said to someone I don't know at all. I basically don't talk with the people I don't know in the street.... :unsure: Never crossed my mind to pick a random guy and tell him he looks amazing or to have a nice day.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Charlotte » Oct 29th, '14, 21:24

It's different when it's a 20 year old guy than when it's 40 year old guys following you and not taking no for an answer.
or sketchy people pulling up next to you and almost forcing you to get in a car with them, smfh.
it's just typical cause everyone talks and you're just expected to reply to everyone
Yo soy la princesa, comprende mis white lines.
Charlotte
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 29th, '14, 21:28

Charlotte wrote:It's different when it's a 20 year old guy than when it's 40 year old guys following you and not taking no for an answer.
or sketchy people pulling up next to you and almost forcing you to get in a car with them, smfh.
it's just typical cause everyone talks and you're just expected to reply to everyone

You've been in the south of Spain, and you can confirm it happens a lot.

When I was like 17-18, one guy in a motorbike was harassing me, and thing ended with the guy passing with the motorbike over my feet. I was polite all time...

Tbh I find it annoying no matter the age...obv when it's a 60 years old dirty old men is worse, but young guys can be annoying as hell too. And my worse experiences probably were with guys younger than me (I think).

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Charlotte » Oct 29th, '14, 21:35

Oh yes, there's nothing worse than Andalucia. We just left a club and guys walked up on us telling us they were professional football players at FC Malaga and that we should go home with them. Then we said no and walked away and they followed us and started cussing at us for walking away. Then Arabs who invited us to their "VIP bedroom". Just don't walk the streets after 2am... that's even when we were just 3 girls. I never one single time walked a street alone , not even during the day cause of how horrible it is out there.
Then even the cab driver home was flirting with us, we were just sitting in the back wanting to sleep, he was like "holaaa guapaas, adonde vais? vais a salir, con lo guapa que sois" we just said we were gonna sleep. "aaaah, pues invitame, jajajajajajajja". was soooo awkward....
Charlotte
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Charlotte » Oct 29th, '14, 21:36

Calandre wrote:
Charlotte wrote:It's different when it's a 20 year old guy than when it's 40 year old guys following you and not taking no for an answer.

Different to what?
So it's fine for that guy to follow her for five minutes when she's clearly not showing any interest on him?
I mean, how would a guy react if another guy walks next to him for five minutes?

I didn't see the video, I was talking about you and Hage's conversation. If a guy just says "have a nice day" or whatever it's different than following someone around for minutes. Everything is just by default creepier the older the guy is.
Charlotte
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 29th, '14, 21:38

Charlotte wrote:Oh yes, there's nothing worse than Andalucia. We just left a club and guys walked up on us telling us they were professional football players at FC Malaga and that we should go home with them. ....

This type of guys make me laugh. Even if they played in Málaga, they should stop acting like if they are Cristiano Ronaldo. I know some case like that .

For what I've been told this kind of things are not that often in another countries. Oh latin hearts...Italians are the same if not worse.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Charlotte » Oct 29th, '14, 21:40

hah well in Holland it's different. It's Morrocan guys ganging up and talking to you saying "eehhhhh psssssst... come here" and if you don't reply they're like "booooh, slutt, white pale motherfucker".
Charlotte
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EG. » Oct 29th, '14, 21:42

Just this week I had a car pass me by and guys in it were like "how much, how much u cost?"
Or when your ass gets grabbed in the middle of the street..

Some of the comments in the vid I wouldn't consider harassment though.
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EG. » Oct 29th, '14, 21:51

Calandre wrote:Let me see if I get this right: do you ever say something back when guys say something like "how much you cost?" or when "your ass gets grabbed in the middle of the street"? Or you just keep walking?
I can find it annoying if some random guy asks me on the street "how are you doing darling" and that's it, but if things get a bit more "tense"... well, I'm not that patient, let's put it that way

no I don't say anything
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EG. » Oct 29th, '14, 22:09

Calandre wrote:
EG. wrote:no I don't say anything

:unsure:
Why not?

Why bother? Idk
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Charlotte » Oct 29th, '14, 22:26

Not everyone has time to just stop and tell them off to every guy who says something on the street. esp when you're on your way somewhere which is always
Charlotte
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EG. » Oct 29th, '14, 22:31

It's not worth it and I don't talk to pigs.
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Charlotte » Oct 29th, '14, 22:33

That was exceptionally funny
Charlotte
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Serious Debate