The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Video exposes street harassment in New York

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Video exposes street harassment in New York

Postby EG. » Oct 31st, '14, 21:37

idk if this has been posted but:
http://www.bustle.com/articles/46801-th ... re-purpose

apparantly they edited out white men
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Oct 31st, '14, 22:14

EG. wrote:idk if this has been posted but:

I acknowledge there is a point to be made with the video in the OP, I just think it was executed piss poorly.

The low socioeconomic HOOD culture is not representative of all men in all cultures, period.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EG. » Nov 1st, '14, 00:18

SliK wrote:
EG. wrote:idk if this has been posted but:

I acknowledge there is a point to be made with the video in the OP, I just think it was executed piss poorly.

The low socioeconomic HOOD culture is not representative of all men in all cultures, period.

Yeah i agree + its been done multiple times before ^
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tommydervan » Nov 1st, '14, 09:58

Hage wrote:Yes I sometimes talk with strangers, not everyone is a rapist you know.

If I see that someone shows signs of similar interests or whatever I'll just talk to them, they're not interested they say so. Easy as that. That's how communication works you know.

You probably aren't from new york.

People in new york don't say shit to strangers unless they are selling them something. If this was a guy, it would of been 10 hrs of silence.

It's bull shit and it should stop. The intentions of all those "have a nice days" were cheesy cat calls. Supah weak shit.
tommydervan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Atone » Nov 1st, '14, 10:26

True Wiz wrote:
Atone wrote:"in case nobody has told you today, i think you are beautiful, and i hope that i make you smile" and then i walk away, i've done it at parks, in stores, hell one day i said it to a cashier at Wal-Mart

#kingconfidence
#tipfedora
#i'mjustaniceguy
#friendzonefam

I honestly enjoy the friendzone, less drama, less shit to worry about, i havn't dated since me and my ex broke up in 2011, at times i've attempted but backed off cuz, really relationships can fuck you up, and since i deal with Bi-polar disorder, anxiety disorder, AND manic depression, for me, the friendzone is the best way for me to go lol,
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 1st, '14, 17:58

Hesky wrote:
Calandre wrote:You should start shopping at Waitrose

ImageYeah.

In all seriousness, it didn't bother me in the slightest.

Kind of how i felt when I had my dick cupped by various women in nightclubs :wub:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EG. » Nov 1st, '14, 18:37

Yoda wrote:
Hesky wrote:
Calandre wrote:You should start shopping at Waitrose

ImageYeah.

In all seriousness, it didn't bother me in the slightest.

Kind of how i felt when I had my dick cupped by various women in nightclubs :wub:

That's sick
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 1st, '14, 18:49

^That was my initial reaction. It would of bugged me if I had one of those not so flattering slackys that you sometimes get in drink.. Im not saying it should be accepted ofcourse
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 1st, '14, 22:21

Hesky wrote:
EG. wrote:
Yoda wrote:Kind of how i felt when I had my dick cupped by various women in nightclubs :wub:

That's sick

It's also quite different to what I experiencedImageSomething like that isn't likely to happen to me, though.

Bloody slags. Where do you live, Yoda?

Up north breh. You need to stop going in those sophisticated bars and visit the dives Image
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Nov 1st, '14, 23:17

Men and women are wired so fucking differently, it's crazy.

I've struck up conversations with strangers, or made it obvious that I'm checking someone out. I mean why is a nightclub different to the street? They're both public places. You can't say men cannot speak to women. I mean, why shouldn't a approach an attractive woman, in all honesty?

She might not appreciate my advances? That's fine, tell me that and I'll go for on of the other 3.5 Billion women on planet earth.

I'm not apologizing for (or stopping) that kind of behavior. It has been reciprocated plenty of times, too.

I must admit, the advances became more welcome the more attractive I became. I also started receiving more uninvited attention from women. I'm not kidding, like sitting at lunch with my dad and these girls are leaning out the car window waving and trying to get my attention. Also while I'm at work trying to do my job, I serve hundreds of women a night and often I'll receive a comment or something. What does that tell you?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 04:22

smug bitch, wouldnt even say hi back to these ppl.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 04:26

http://youtu.be/pAUMkljvn7E?t=16m25s
this guy has some good points m8
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 2nd, '14, 10:56

Hesky wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

The girl at the endImage

I'm gonna start going to gym me thinks
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 10:57

Calandre wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:http://youtu.be/pAUMkljvn7E?t=16m25s
this guy has some good points m8

No, he doesn't
It's not about saying "hi" to people on the street or flirting with women.
He has the right to be a "creepy douche"? WTF?

Not a single one of you have said how you would react if a guy walks next to you for five minutes.
If you're so thick you cannot see the difference ask the women around you.

so one guy walking next to her means that the whole video is harrassment? a guy saying hello, a guy complimenting? thats all harrassment correct? in fucking new york city down town..? pls
And yes refering to the goofs on reddit saying that guys are scum etc. ur goddam right he has the RIGHT to be a creepy douche. U dont have the RIGHT to comfort. And dont forget. GIRLS DO THIS SHIT TOO look at the video heskman posted. As for a guy walking next to me 5 mins. IN NEW YORK!? I couldnt give any less of a fuck. Its new york. And one guy was a creepy douche. Maybe 2 or three. Id like to see the whole 10 hour video instead lf this chopped up horseshit of a few instances... LIRLLLLL :laughing:
Last edited by DetroitSkills on Nov 2nd, '14, 11:14, edited 2 times in total.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Atone » Nov 2nd, '14, 11:26

I'll put it like this, girls grow up whining, complaining, cutting their wrists saying "i'm not pretty enough wahhhhh nobody loves me wahhh my daddy's brother tocuhed me wahhhh" and then a nice stranger offers them candy and OH MY GOD HE'S TRYING TO RAPE ME CALL THE COPS!....

no but in all seriousness, females complain all the time that they don't feel pretty, but a guy compliments them and suddenly "all he wants is sex" and when it's a girl complimenting a guy it's "he has money she's a gold digger"

no, fucktards, how about accepting that maybe, people are actually nice for no reason sometimes, without expecting things, how do i know this?

i live in Florida, in a fucked up city full of druggies and weirdo's, i've had plenty of random people do good things for me.

when my mom left, the next day i walked 15 miles to fill out job apps, by the way, Florida is notoriously HOT AS FUCKING SHIT, 15 miles in the sun here is a fucking massacre, well, in this time, i had 2 different total strangers help me, the 1st one, gave me a bottle of water, the 2nd one, about, an hour later, saw me walking, and stopped at a gas station, bought a hot dog and 2 gatorades for me, stopped, and gave me a ride the rest of the way home, neither one of them asked me to help them with anything.

other times? i went for a walk one day, again, the Florida heat is fucked, i think i may have walked about, 8 miles, idk, on my way back, i was out of money, and was feeling the effects of the sun, at one point i gave up, sat on the sidewalk in some shade, some lady drove by and and saw me sit down, turned around and offered me a ride, i told her i was fine, but i guess my face was red as fuck and i didn't look to good, so she was persistant in offering me a ride, not twice, but 3 times she offeredm the 3rd time i got up and got in the car.

now, switch shoes a moment, a guy see's a girl in the same situation, on the verge of passing out in the hot sun, offers a ride, suddenly the girl thinks all the guy wants is sex?

YES, i know there are some fucked up John Wayne Gacy types out there, but not everybody you meet is a psychotic serial killer trying to rape you, somebody offers you a compliment, accept it, why do people gotta shed so much negativity in the world? why can't people just attemopt to bring upon a positive attitude? be peaceful? loving? stop trying to turn kindness into battles.
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate