The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Spyder - Left Brain, Right Brain (album)

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Spyder - Left Brain, Right Brain (album)

Postby Spyder » Nov 10th, '14, 20:53

ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Spyder - Left Brain, Right Brain (album)

Postby SarkingMajor » Nov 10th, '14, 22:38

Downloading right now, will give feedback once I've listened to it

Eminem wrote:Sarking Major is 11/10 signing him to Shady records in 2015

True Wiz wrote:Damn, SarkingMajor can out rap half of you TR rappers :whew:

I'd work on your delivery a little though. Your flow was amazing in some parts man :y:

You could be the new Luna C in a few years

MattyB is GOAT anybody who says otherwise is just a dumb hater
SarkingMajor
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby SarkingMajor » Nov 10th, '14, 22:51

Intro: Great writing, flow is decent but seems rushed at times. Not a bad intro at all.

Undefeatable: Nice hook, your voice is a bit too quiet in the mix but not a huge issue. Beat tag is kind of annoying so I'd consider buying them in future, but again not a huge issue. Nice lyrics. Flow is decent, not great.

Not So Gorgeous: Singing seems unnecessary and annoying. Verses are good, good writing and flow is better here than before.

Dance With Me: Good flow, nice lyrics again. Good song overall.

Left Brain, Right Brain: Again, the beat tag distracts from the song but isn't a big problem. Flow is a bit too slow imo but as usual lyrics are good.

Let Me Down: Alright flow, good rhyme schemes again. Nice lines. Cool beat.

Sparring Session: Would be better if it was a little faster, I think. Good message and concept for the song, executed pretty well.

Beyond Limitless: An odd choice to end the album with imo. Would be better to swap this and the previous track I think. Flow is ok and lyrics/rhyme schemes are good.

Lyrics: 8/10
Flow: 4/10
Beats: 6/10
Concepts: 7/10
Overral songs: 5/10
Total:6/10

Eminem wrote:Sarking Major is 11/10 signing him to Shady records in 2015

True Wiz wrote:Damn, SarkingMajor can out rap half of you TR rappers :whew:

I'd work on your delivery a little though. Your flow was amazing in some parts man :y:

You could be the new Luna C in a few years

MattyB is GOAT anybody who says otherwise is just a dumb hater
SarkingMajor
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Atone » Nov 10th, '14, 22:55

Downloaded along with the other 2 tgapes on ur bandcamp, gonna listen to em tonight after i finish destroying friends in black Ops 2
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jaba » Nov 10th, '14, 23:36

Damn didnt know Spyder recorded, will listen later.
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Nov 11th, '14, 00:25

Woah, did not know you made music like this (I knew you battled, but that was it).
01. The beat is awesome / perfect this song. Your flow sounds pretty smooth over it, although you do slip up a few times. However, it sounds like it was in one take, and the fact that you did that makes it impressive, yet not entirely improvable. Makes it seem like you didn't spend too much time on it. You slurred a few rhymes, but the cons didn't outweigh the pros and it was decent.

02. Beat was pretty generic but it's all good haha. Your flow was mad good over this. That line "I can help others' lives, just not my own" was solid bro. If the song didn't the tinge of mainstream that it has, I would've enjoyed it a lot more though, can't lie. Little bit too Recovery for me.

03. Woah, I recognize that beat from something... Not sure what haha. The instrumental's start was good but it got boring after a bit, needing a drop. Your singing sounded a little weird, I'd recommend a tuner like melodyne. However, as soon as you jumped it, it was all good. DGAF killed it, but there was a weird skip as soon as he jumped it. His fast rapping only made me feel like the beat needed more. I know that might not be something you're not capable of; maybe it just needed a better suited beat. I spent it all waiting for the sixteenth note hats to come in haha. Really good song though, chorus wasn't too good though. Good job guys!

04. Here we go, classic beat. Love it. Lyrics go extremely nicely over it. The transition to the sample was odd to listen to though. The transition back to the drumbeat is good but it sounds weird going into it. Your voice was unclear at some points though, needs some EQing and compressing (funny that I'm saying that but whatever lol). Altogether solid song though. The low quality of the instrumental made it a little hard to listen to though, which was disappointing because how good it and you were/was.

05. As soon as the inst came in, I thought it was gonna be another mainstream-ish song and I wouldn't like it, but you went all Kendrick on it and made it cool. You fell off the beat a few times at the fast parts but for the most part it was solid fire, which was super cool to hear. Depressed all these songs are so short though. Like this song though, don't get me wrong haha

06. Vocal quality sounded a lot nicer on this one, and the beat is great. Sounds like you spent a lot more time on this track than maybe some of the others (considering the adlibs and all). I really felt this one, solid job on it. Some of the rhyme tracks didn't seem to line up though.

07. Beat was soo intense, kinda like the Till I Collapse of the album. The whole synth and singing at the chorus was so cool, idk if that's you or a beat from the internet though haha. Doesn't matter too much though, 'cause your verses killed, especially that second one with the guitar solo though. Really digging the variety throughout the album, awesome job. This is def the most epic song on the album, not sure I'd consider it the best though; the songs are so different at all. This one's sick though, that's for sure haha

08. This awesome, your flow fits perfectly, a lot less slipping up on this track. The inst drowned your vocals out at a few times. Really loved the writing on this one, those multis >. Only thing I would say (within the context of the album) is that it should've been swapped with Sparring Session, which imo should've been the last track.

Overall, solid project; it was dope. I think you need to work a little on staying completely on beat at all times and punching in (which there didn't seem too much of on this). Also, the instrumentals were all pretty low qual (ik, I talked about them the whole time, mb mb) which was strange, did you make them or were they downloaded? Either way, I would try to figure out a way to improve it because it gave the album a more amateur feel that I doubt you were going for. Same goes for your mic quality, but it's clearly easier to improve the beat qual than the mic's. Awesome job!
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Nov 11th, '14, 00:28

Gave it a little preview and I noticed your trying to make your voice sound like Eminem WAYY too much... Ill listen to it as a whole later tho.
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 11th, '14, 01:35

been waiting for this shit tbh :y:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Atone » Nov 11th, '14, 01:55

Made it through every song and honestly i forgot i was listening to a TRShady rapper, this is some good stuff man
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yung rom » Nov 11th, '14, 01:59

Atone wrote:Made it through every song and honestly i forgot i was listening to a TRShady rapper

shots fired doe
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Spyder » Nov 11th, '14, 03:35

Damn thanks guys. Didn't expect this to get feed for days hahha.

The beats that are recognized are Kanye's Gorgeous, hence the title. Sparring session uses Joe Budden's Thought shall not fall. And the reason I end with that track is its an extended version of a track from my last one, it goes to Second Place by Royce.

Also was supposed to have Eedee and triplethreenine on the tape but they never responded.

And @me sounding like Em. Ya that's been said to me on here before. I guess I kinda hear it off and on but it's just my voice I suppose.

I'm hoping to record more once I get a new comp, better sound card etc.

May be looking to make a track for that TR album if it solidifies doe
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Atone » Nov 11th, '14, 03:38

yung rom wrote:
Atone wrote:Made it through every song and honestly i forgot i was listening to a TRShady rapper

shots fired doe

Not at Spyder, shots fired at whoever wants to take the shots and feels like i'm callin their music weak compared to Spyder, dude sounds great on this
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yung rom » Nov 11th, '14, 04:15

Atone wrote:
yung rom wrote:

shots fired doe

Not at Spyder, shots fired at whoever wants to take the shots and feels like i'm callin their music weak compared to Spyder, dude sounds great on this

haha i meant shots fired at everyone else
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Nov 11th, '14, 07:20

good shit fam mass improvement
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 11th, '14, 07:33

well worth the wait :y:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to Audio Stage