The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Str8 People: Is it hard to handle opposite-sex friendships?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Str8 People: Is it hard to handle opposite-sex friendshi

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Nov 14th, '14, 00:40

Not at all.

If a girl need that DA! dick... DA! will check if girl deserve the DA! dick and DA! will based on his checking administer the dick.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby EG. » Nov 14th, '14, 00:53

i dont really have male friends that im really close with so cant say

but with all the dudes in my high school class there had been something, 1 was my ex, another had a crush on me, another asked for sex, another tried to hook up and kiss me,..
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 14th, '14, 01:39

im with DA on this one, this man knows.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 14th, '14, 03:58

Miller wrote:I've always thought it would be almost impossible to have a super close friend of the opposite sex. Maybe just because I went almost 21 years without a girlfriend and was thirsty beyond belief, but it just doesnt seem possible to me. Sex is just too prevalent for it not to come up eventually. I've been really close friends with 3 females in my life and I developed strong feelings for all of them. One of them happens to be my girlfriend now.

This makes sense to me
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Nov 14th, '14, 04:32

Yeah, it is. It's also hard to handle same-sex friendships for me as well.

But nah, in all seriousness, it's not for me. I have the sex drive of a neutered cat and a desire for romantic relationships close to zero, though, so I don't know. I think my situation is a little different than most of you. Since college started I've kept relatively distant from all my friends (but I've made a LOT more than I had in high school) so none of the females I hang out with really know enough about me as a person besides being deadpan and sarcastic...and if one was physically attracted to me I'd probably call a damn psychiatrist to look after her making sure she doesn't make other bad judgement calls.
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 14th, '14, 04:35

6PRDMD9 wrote:Yeah, it is. It's also hard to handle same-sex friendships for me as well.

But nah, in all seriousness, it's not for me. I have the sex drive of a neutered cat and a desire for romantic relationships close to zero, though, so I don't know. I think my situation is a little different than most of you. Since college started I've kept relatively distant from all my friends (but I've made a LOT more than I had in high school) so none of the females I hang out with really know enough about me as a person besides being deadpan and sarcastic...and if one was physically attracted to me I'd probably call a damn psychiatrist to look after her making sure she doesn't make other bad judgement calls.

Powerful tbh
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 15th, '14, 04:05

True Wiz wrote:hmmm not really

I've always had female friends, probably because I've always been into creative stuff.

Same here.

But tbh theres very few female friends I've made where there hasnt been some sort of initial sexual attraction. Theres a few of them I'd actually date as well. But as far as just maintaing the friendship I don't really have an issue.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 15th, '14, 08:54

True Wiz wrote:
TheBoss123 wrote:
True Wiz wrote:hmmm not really

I've always had female friends, probably because I've always been into creative stuff.

Same here.

But tbh theres very few female friends I've made where there hasnt been some sort of initial sexual attraction. Theres a few of them I'd actually date as well. But as far as just maintaing the friendship I don't really have an issue.

Pretty much.

I've always been introduced to them in some some sexual interaction. That's kind of how the world works though.

yeah seems that way, one of my male friends had a conversation with one of my female friends about this and she was not happy to find out that that initial physical attraction was why she had many of her male friends. I thought it was obvious but I guess not lol.

It doesnt matter anymore because of how close we are now, and tbh I think she forgot about it entirely. I wonder how women think in terms of opposite sex relationships.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Nov 16th, '14, 22:29

My best friend is a girl. She's a lesbian, so I don't really am attracted to her, even if she's pretty.

Besides that, I agree with Menzo. Quoting him.

Menzo wrote:As a perverted, aggressive sexually driven 19 year old male, I can say with confidence that most friendships between a male and female (assuming at least one of the two are good looking) is started off of some sexual attraction.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 17th, '14, 07:25

Shit's tough because I'm building a friendship with this girl that I'm attracted to but I can't help but think I'm moving deeper and deeper into the friend zone
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 17th, '14, 07:28

Menzo wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:Shit's tough because I'm building a friendship with this girl that I'm attracted to but I can't help but think I'm moving deeper and deeper into the friend zone

Tell her you frequent TR!

That'll get her
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby MistaVijilantee » Nov 19th, '14, 03:25

This thread just makes me think about how I do find most of my close female friends attractive haha - it's also because they're awesome people with good personalities but subconsciously that's undoubtedly part of the reason why I like hanging out with them even if my chances of anything ever romantically happening are slim.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 19th, '14, 03:29

MistaVijilantee wrote:This thread just makes me think about how I do find most of my close female friends attractive haha - it's also because they're awesome people with good personalities but subconsciously that's undoubtedly part of the reason why I like hanging out with them even if my chances of anything ever romantically happening are slim.

Yeah there usually is some subconscious attraction. You don't find too many guys hanging out with a bunch of ugly girls tbh.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 25th, '14, 11:37

Depends if there is attaction or not. It's hard. But can happen.

Bloggs , there is no such thing as friend zone, I was attracted by guys with the time that I thought I would never be attracted. Years ago I had a friend, I found him 0 attractive, but he had a great personality, and he was so smart, with the time he got me. It lasted little though.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kill You » Nov 26th, '14, 20:12

I'll admit, I get close to get laid. It's not impossible but for a lot of guys this seems to be the case. I'm hardly ever trying to be "just friends."
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Serious Debate