The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Guts over Fear video (Coming November 24th)

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Guts over Fear video (Coming November 24th)

Postby skc_ » Nov 25th, '14, 02:32

wack ass video
skc_
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TotalEminemFanboy » Nov 25th, '14, 03:20

Menzo wrote:
TotalEminemFanboy wrote:I was pretty disappointed by the video... it really has nothing to do with the song. It was nice to see Eminem, he had some cool fashion or whatever goin on, but I mean, of course we should see him, it's an Eminem music video. I can't help but state the truth here, the model was very off-putting. I am aware of vitiligo and once I saw her, I immediately knew that she had it; doesn't make it any less distracting or repellent. Regardless, I feel as though even her "character" in the music video played created no significant benefit. The story itself was very poorly constructed also.

Overall, I give this music video a 3/10. On a professional level, it probably deserves a 1/10. Pretty bad considering the people who put it together are supposedly experts of the craft.

EDIT: Coming from someone who gives practically every thing Eminem puts out a 9/10 or higher, this low rating means that it was pretty damn bad.

The video was actually pretty metaphorical to the lyrics.

Not really. I am willing to listen to your opinion if you explain though.
Eminem is the greatest rapper of all time.
TotalEminemFanboy
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby D'Leh » Nov 25th, '14, 03:55

Nice video! that's it!
Let me eat your pussy while I shave you!
D'Leh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Squiggles123 » Nov 25th, '14, 04:12

I thought this was pretty bad....reminded me of the 'No Love' video which I thought was terrible. Em could have played the character and wtf was with the chick? That dodge too....couldn't they have worked it in to him being envious of someone flashing it around or something?

An 8 Mile/Southpaw type of video would have been good for this. Em's music videos used to be a massive thing to me but they've really been hit and miss the last few years.
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Nov 25th, '14, 05:58

so is it out?
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Whitefox » Nov 25th, '14, 06:02

Eminem probably didnt want to play any character. I bet he didnt even want to make any videos. So they had to do this as a random story of a random boxer with some random problems. This shit is generic as fuck, but I dont even care. Give us more good music, Em.
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 25th, '14, 06:02

TotalEminemFanboy wrote:
Menzo wrote:
TotalEminemFanboy wrote:I was pretty disappointed by the video... it really has nothing to do with the song. It was nice to see Eminem, he had some cool fashion or whatever goin on, but I mean, of course we should see him, it's an Eminem music video. I can't help but state the truth here, the model was very off-putting. I am aware of vitiligo and once I saw her, I immediately knew that she had it; doesn't make it any less distracting or repellent. Regardless, I feel as though even her "character" in the music video played created no significant benefit. The story itself was very poorly constructed also.

Overall, I give this music video a 3/10. On a professional level, it probably deserves a 1/10. Pretty bad considering the people who put it together are supposedly experts of the craft.

EDIT: Coming from someone who gives practically every thing Eminem puts out a 9/10 or higher, this low rating means that it was pretty damn bad.

The video was actually pretty metaphorical to the lyrics.

Not really. I am willing to listen to your opinion if you explain though.

Are you serious bruh?

I personally don't like this music video because I feel that it could've been so much more. But saying it doesn't make sense is retarded.

Guts Over Fear is about overcoming your fears and self-doubt and coming back, no matter how many times you get knocked down. Hence the model singing Sia's part having vitiligo; that was her personal source of possible self-doubt and vulnerability. Thus, the boxing part makes sense, since it depicts a guy with the odds stacked against him losing then getting back up again and winning by not giving up.

Still a shit video though, considering what could've been.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby slimkiki » Nov 25th, '14, 06:28

I reckon the video fits the song, the boxer is in some dead end job and getting blamed for every mistake he makes when he;s just trying to do his job, he comes home to an alcoholic dad(?) and his girlfriend who both give him shit, he cant pay his bills, all in all he's struggling to get by. Behind the scenes he keeps practicing boxing, which is what hes passionate about even though it doesnt seem like he's that good at it.

the vitiligo chick has been portrayed perfectly, her car windows were tinted, the first time shes doing the chorus she's in a locker room, in a tight space in near darkness, you get a vibe of how she doesnt want to be seen. Now if you compare that to the last hook, she's in an open wide space, pretty much not giving a fuck what people think about her on the surface (guts over fear)

oh yeah, and boxer dude makes it as a pro... and that relates back to the first verse where Em is raps about how he did'nt have his own style, and boxer dude brings out the claws and makes it bg. he made it guys. he made it out of that house and into this world when the day was done.

Lastly, Em... fuckin dripping swag in another abanadon warehouse. Besides that part where he puts his hands together (Feels, like a close its coming to). The way he did the "so this is for every kid whose alls they ever did was dreamt......." whatever he's doing with his hands, it's just perfect man.
slimkiki
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Atone » Nov 25th, '14, 18:34

slimkiki wrote:I reckon the video fits the song, the boxer is in some dead end job and getting blamed for every mistake he makes when he;s just trying to do his job, he comes home to an alcoholic dad(?) and his girlfriend who both give him shit, he cant pay his bills, all in all he's struggling to get by. Behind the scenes he keeps practicing boxing, which is what hes passionate about even though it doesnt seem like he's that good at it.

the vitiligo chick has been portrayed perfectly, her car windows were tinted, the first time shes doing the chorus she's in a locker room, in a tight space in near darkness, you get a vibe of how she doesnt want to be seen. Now if you compare that to the last hook, she's in an open wide space, pretty much not giving a fuck what people think about her on the surface (guts over fear)

oh yeah, and boxer dude makes it as a pro... and that relates back to the first verse where Em is raps about how he did'nt have his own style, and boxer dude brings out the claws and makes it bg. he made it guys. he made it out of that house and into this world when the day was done.

Lastly, Em... fuckin dripping swag in another abanadon warehouse. Besides that part where he puts his hands together (Feels, like a close its coming to). The way he did the "so this is for every kid whose alls they ever did was dreamt......." whatever he's doing with his hands, it's just perfect man.

This
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Ndray » Nov 25th, '14, 19:16

I can relate to what you're sayin in your posts so when i have a shitty day i drift away and read em up cuz i don't really got shit else so that shit helps when i'm depressed, i'll even write your name on a wall in Bucharest
#ProtectSSLP#TeamMMLP #TeamTES #EncoreFam #TeamMMLP2 #ShadyXVFam
Ndray
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr. Porter » Nov 25th, '14, 22:29

I think the point of the video was to show that Eminem's struggle and his story is relatable to the struggle of anyone who is told they can't make it or who doesn't think they'll ever make it. Pretty inspirational if you ask me.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Blackquill » Nov 25th, '14, 23:12

Vid makes me want to watch a modern re-imagining of Rocky actually.
Blackquill
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr. Porter » Nov 26th, '14, 03:29

Blackquill wrote:Vid makes me want to watch a modern re-imagining of Rocky actually.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend the movie "Warrior." One of my favorite movies.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheVipBro » Nov 26th, '14, 03:39

Mr. Porter wrote:
Blackquill wrote:Vid makes me want to watch a modern re-imagining of Rocky actually.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend the movie "Warrior." One of my favorite movies.

Grudge Match is like a rocky balboa part 2 tbh
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby unbound88 » Nov 26th, '14, 06:42

I don't really care for the video and I'm not convinced Eminem cares that much about this particular song or wanted it to be a single w/ video but who knows. I feel like the next single (likely Twisted) will have a much better video, this wasn't terrible I just didn't care for it, a bit generic but nowhere near as lame as Headlights video.....which I think Eminem prolly wasn't too interested in taking part in either.
My laser disc'll make you take a razor to your wrist,
Make you Satanistic, make you take the pistol to your face
and place the clip and cock it back
and let it go until your brains are rippin out
your skull so bad to sew you back would be a waste of stitches
unbound88
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem