The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

I want to listen to Yelawolf. ¿Where i begin?

Everything related to the record label Shady Records, including Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf.

I want to listen to Yelawolf. ¿Where i begin?

Postby FriedSchizoprenic » Nov 26th, '14, 18:45

Hi guys.

So i was hearing Shady XV and i see Yelawolf's work from that disc it's great. His verse on Twisted was great, Down was a good song, Psycopath Killer hook was also great and Till It's Gone is really catchy.

And i see people around praise a lot Yela, so i wanted to give him a chance, but i am afraid i hear the wrong song or the wrong album and got a bad impression of him. So, ¿Can you guys tell me where to start?

Yeah, i know it's really late to discover him but whatever. I am interesed.
ImageImageImage

hi bro i have a question do you got a problem like a problem i can resolve what you mean you are going to punch me bro i just want to see aaaah aaaah stop stop is a prank is a praaaaaaaaank
FriedSchizoprenic
Soldier
Soldier

Re: I want to listen to Yelawolf. ¿Where i begin?

Postby Slumerican » Nov 26th, '14, 18:55

I would say that start with Trunk Muzik 0-60 and Trunk Muzik Returns and then Arena Rap EP, Stereo and Radioactive
These rappers really think they got shit locked
But they gonna know about me when my album drops #LoveStory
Slumerican
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Mike_88 » Nov 26th, '14, 19:08

Arena Rap EP & TMR at first for sure.
Then all the others. All of his projects are dope.
Mike_88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » Nov 26th, '14, 22:30

Trunk Muzik 0-60 and Trunk Muzik Returns are essential listens.

Then work your way down with Radioactive, The Slumdon Bridge w/ Ed Sheeran, Psycho White w/ Travis Barker and Black Fall w/ DJ Paul. His "Best of Freestyles" mixtape is also a fun listen, but not essential to his discography.

Once you start getting used to him, check out the Arena Rap EP (his best project imo) and Stereo (also very, very good).

AVOID Heart of Dixie, Ball of Flames, and Pissing In a Barrel of Bees AT ALL COSTS. Very mediocore attempts.

His first album Creekwater is basically his version of Infinite, he was still finding who he was (he found his voice on Stereo). Solid listen. I reccomend listening to that last.

But yeah, hope you enjoy :y:
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Drax207 » Nov 26th, '14, 23:18

Rafael wrote:Trunk Muzik 0-60 and Trunk Muzik Returns are essential listens.

Then work your way down with Radioactive, The Slumdon Bridge w/ Ed Sheeran, Psycho White w/ Travis Barker and Black Fall w/ DJ Paul. His "Best of Freestyles" mixtape is also a fun listen, but not essential to his discography.

Once you start getting used to him, check out the Arena Rap EP (his best project imo) and Stereo (also very, very good).

AVOID Heart of Dixie, Ball of Flames, and Pissing In a Barrel of Bees AT ALL COSTS. Very mediocore attempts.

His first album Creekwater is basically his version of Infinite, he was still finding who he was (he found his voice on Stereo). Solid listen. I reccomend listening to that last.

Heart of Dixie is not that bad, Be The One and Sobriety Sucks are solid tracks. But yeah I agree with everything else you said. Stereo is probably the Yela project I bumped the least so maybe I'll listen to your advice too and do it closely when I'll have some free time :D (TNT is the only track I loved enough to bump it quite often). Creekwater have some gems too.
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » Nov 26th, '14, 23:52

Stereo is top 5 Yela project.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby crizz_jcky95 » Nov 27th, '14, 17:27

Rafael wrote:Trunk Muzik 0-60 and Trunk Muzik Returns are essential listens.

Why should he AVOID, Heart Of Dixie, Ball Of Flames and Pissing In A Barrel Of Beez... they're not Yela best mixtapes, but they're not bad, Heart Of Dixie is good, at least, Ball Of Flames is fun to hear, ALSO, My Box Chevy, is there, the start of the Box Chevy saga. Pissing In A Barrel Of Beez is, well, you can hear it at least once..

To me, he should listen to Trunk Muzik 0-60, then Radioactive, Trunk Muzik Returns, Arena Rap EP, Psycho White EP, Slumdon Bridge EP, Stereo, Black Fall... and CreekWater.
So RadioActive, had a couple of radio attempts
But I don't wanna be RadioActive anymore now
Than I wanna jump off a cliff
crizz_jcky95
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Rafael » Nov 27th, '14, 18:03

Heart of Dixie and Ball of Flames are horrible.

I prefer PIABOB any day over those two.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Drax207 » Nov 27th, '14, 20:09

1. Trunk Muzik Returns
2. Trunk Muzik 0-60
3. Radioactive
4. Arena Rap

I'd go with this order for starters. Then it doesn't really matter what project you'll listen.
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Trimss » Nov 30th, '14, 22:06

Drax207 wrote:1. Trunk Muzik Returns
2. Trunk Muzik 0-60
3. Radioactive
4. Arena Rap

I'd go with this order for starters. Then it doesn't really matter what project you'll listen.

I'd go with Arena Rap before Radioactive. Arena Rap is amazing.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Return to Shady Records