The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Til Next Time...

For threads of little importance, general chit chat and forum games. Be aware posts do not count in this section.

Til Next Time...

Postby Menzo » Dec 4th, '14, 01:40

Feels like a close, it's coming to. Fuck am I, gonna do?

It's been a fun ride, folks. There have been a lot of unforgettable Internet memories here for me over the past five and a half years; SajN's Eminem interview prank, Kamil's fake Recovery leak which mangled the servers, the Canibus takeover, the U-Mad phase (word to my homie DA!), Bronies, the Koolo era - TR vs SL (we won btw) - the beefs, the tournaments, the jokes, the memes, the classic threads and the exposures (whattup stillmatic). The album anticipation phases for all Shady Records artists and subsequent disappointment for some, the BET cyphers to the Shady Cxvpher. I'm happy to have been able to share these memories with you guys.

TR to me was more than a forum, it was a single outlet of continuous familiarity. No matter where you were in life, TR was always just...TR; always there, never changing (almost annoyingly at times, lol). You had the same embrace by the usual members and you were really a part of a community. Shout out to Noddy, the Internet is more than just the internet these days. It doesn't take a genius to realize that when you notice you've spent almost everyday for nearly a half decade discussing music, politics, films, sports, random things in life and getting into arguments with people from South America...Australia...Asia...Europe...yet it feels like we're all right here, in the same familiar school yard.

Personally TR has helped in me ways I'll probably never be able to properly assess and realize but for what I do know, it taught me plenty of things. It vastly opened my knowledge and appreciation for not only Hip-Hop but music it general, it taught me how to properly write rhymes and flow to a beat, it familiarized me to cultures around the world and their ways of life and it led me to meet a handful of dope people I dare call friends - whether they are smoking a blunt in Ottawa or smoking a blunt in Norway. This forum was always present for me in all my ups and downs over the past half decade; my shitty jobs, my shitty relationships and my shitty moments in general and although I wasn't always too open with that stuff, the forum at least offered an escape from certain stresses of the world and helped alleviate these problems from my conscience for the time being until I was ready to face them again.

Throughout my time here I have had the pleasure seeing myself through the ranks of veteran to administrator, to being the first member (along with my evil twin, Geno) to dawn the red name ever, to have been the last rap battle tournament champion, to have accumulated the highest post count (I guess that's a pleasurable honour...? 30K MU'FUCKA!), to have been part of an awesome moderator team from 2012-2014 who did so much behind the scenes you can't even recall, to have inducted SajN, yoshi, Francesco and B.A.D into TR's Hall of Fame, to having made the word 'cunt' and anything relating to it in a derogatory manner belong to me (cunt cheese), to having some intense anal tearing flame wars with members and saying some fucked up shit that no one else coulda gotten away with but I managed to, for SOME reason...and most honorably, to have taken the reins of the administrative duties after SajN's heartbreaking decision to step down from his role.

I wasn't even going to do a thread like this but I feel like I should. I just want to thank you all for the experience and hope for those who aren't crossing over to Notalius' Hip-Hop Shelter have the best of luck in their future endeavors and battles and to know that the TR fam will continue to live on.

I thank those who were active in my early years but have since faded for helping shape me as a member and I thank the newcomers for keeping the forum alive and metaphorically carrying the torch. I thank the people I got along with and my moderator team and to those I endlessly fought with because Lord knows those were some of the funnest moments.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Hope you enjoyed the showed, til next time...

PEACE!

Moles.
Amaranthine wrote:Menzo, you're my favorite person on TR.

You done called every member a cunt, but you're forgettin' Sarah, Menzo!

Proud Admin of TR in its closing days.
We've relocated
TR forever.
Menzo
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Til Next Time...

Postby DƎRDYPK » Dec 4th, '14, 01:45

first
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Dec 4th, '14, 01:47

get in the... nevermind.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Francesco » Dec 4th, '14, 01:49

Thanks for everything my brother... :worship: I always liked you! I just remembered that time when you & I were PM-ing each other debating on Em vs. Nas. Nostalgia all over the place yo.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Elision » Dec 4th, '14, 02:16

Menzo wrote:TR to me was more than a forum, it was a single outlet of continuous familiarity. No matter where you were in life, TR was always just...TR; always there, never changing (almost annoyingly at times, lol).
word :y:

take care menz, and don't ever change. your level-headedness is admirable to say the least.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Dec 4th, '14, 03:38

swifty4lyfe
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SliK » Dec 4th, '14, 07:54

Fun fact: my phone always autocorrects Menzo to Menzies

It has been a pleasure to manually change it back to Menzo each and every time :flutter:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Menzo » Dec 4th, '14, 07:59

SliK wrote:Fun fact: my phone always autocorrects Menzo to Menzies

It has been a pleasure to manually change it back to Menzo each and every time :flutter:

This warms my loins.
Amaranthine wrote:Menzo, you're my favorite person on TR.

You done called every member a cunt, but you're forgettin' Sarah, Menzo!

Proud Admin of TR in its closing days.
We've relocated
TR forever.
Menzo
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Dec 4th, '14, 08:09

lol
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Guess_Who » Dec 4th, '14, 10:27

You were one of those members I remember inteacting more with on my first times here during the Recovery era.

And always nice with me. I liked everything you wrote . :y:

It was great having you here, caro.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby slims » Dec 4th, '14, 10:59

Menzo, you're one of my favorite posters.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby bigray » Dec 4th, '14, 13:10

peace out fam!
"I'm about to roll one and light it and fuck it man, no one's invited"-Drake
bigray
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby SajN » Dec 4th, '14, 15:05

Peace <3
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Sam. » Dec 4th, '14, 16:15

That was really beautiful, Menzo. I had some really good memories with you. Your contribution to the CW as Alias and Ego were marvelous. I really enjoyed reading your imagination. You always had a different point of view about things, and I liked that. I learned syllables count from you (and Geno). Those were the days. Man, how days went by.

We had some minor misunderstanding back then, and I guess, they still exist. I don't remember what exactly transpired, but, yeah, lol. Fact is, I can't pinpoint the exact bunch of members I pissed/annoyed back then. I guess this internet thing is not to be taken seriously, and I don't. But being part of community is just something else. Anyway, peace, dude.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Trimss » Dec 4th, '14, 17:00

Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next