The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

"The Graffiti Artist" ....to the next level writer

Want to share a poem, story or a moving article? Share creative literature text here.

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jan 1st, '07, 15:35

sick as fuck , really great , if you could spit it itd be real talent
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby 4D » Jan 1st, '07, 16:36

I agree with Plaspp, it is more like a street poem, it's just pure lyrical class. Doesn`t have to be a rap in me eyes!!

@namix, I see your point, but, then you could have people battling with rhymes that they wrote ages ago, or even used before on someone else. I don`t think one reference to a battlers name in a verse would come across as corny, or played out. Would still leave plenty of room for other types of wordplay and punchlines. It's just basically to prove it's you that is writing the verses.
.......http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34661......
^^Read The Download Section Rules!!^^
4D
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby C-Game » Jan 1st, '07, 17:47

FORDIE wrote:I agree with Plaspp, it is more like a street poem, it's just pure lyrical class. Doesn`t have to be a rap in me eyes!!

@namix, I see your point, but, then you could have people battling with rhymes that they wrote ages ago, or even used before on someone else. I don`t think one reference to a battlers name in a verse would come across as corny, or played out. Would still leave plenty of room for other types of wordplay and punchlines. It's just basically to prove it's you that is writing the verses.

yea
namix i think u shld do some battles here if u hv ur time
wld like to battle u aftr da tourney and see u battle

and i agree with fordie
u can do a nameplay and do punch with it as well
lets c da outcome
C-Game
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby namix » Jan 6th, '07, 16:40

Yea, you fella's who speculated that this was more of a 'street poem' are right -- I wrote it for a topical tournament a while back... the bars would need to be trimmed down considerably to ride it on any even relatively complex beat....

To the 'personal' point - I definitely see where you guys are coming from, I just feel like anyone that wants to bite or recycle gets away with it more often than not - but it'll catch up to them in the end... i absolutely see the value in an individual dropping some personals - and I believe it differentiates their drop from the next guy's, I just suggested not 'enforcing' it.... something will not smell right to you guys if some average dude starts dropping hot spontaneously -- or if something wreaks of recycling/played out....

I think it is definitely good to have a name flip or 2 in there, i just personally wouldn't enforce it... again, I am a wordplay head at heart, so I am trying to be unbias...

Anyway - thanks for peeping ya'll... i will drop somethin in the near future, maybe post a wordplay drop for those interested...

stay up,

-namix
my dick is so-long..... your's is more like hello
namix
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby sinemm » Jan 6th, '07, 20:36

wow thats good alot..im kinda late this topic i guess but liked it alot
at first i thought its too long i cant read all but did :) good job..congratz :)
LIFE WOULD BE A MISTAKE WITHOUT MUSIC!!
Friedrich Nietzsche
sinemm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 4D » Jan 6th, '07, 22:17

namix wrote:Yea, you fella's who speculated that this was more of a 'street poem' are right -- I wrote it for a topical tournament a while back... the bars would need to be trimmed down considerably to ride it on any even relatively complex beat....

To the 'personal' point - I definitely see where you guys are coming from, I just feel like anyone that wants to bite or recycle gets away with it more often than not - but it'll catch up to them in the end... i absolutely see the value in an individual dropping some personals - and I believe it differentiates their drop from the next guy's, I just suggested not 'enforcing' it.... something will not smell right to you guys if some average dude starts dropping hot spontaneously -- or if something wreaks of recycling/played out....

I think it is definitely good to have a name flip or 2 in there, i just personally wouldn't enforce it... again, I am a wordplay head at heart, so I am trying to be unbias...

Anyway - thanks for peeping ya'll... i will drop somethin in the near future, maybe post a wordplay drop for those interested...

stay up,

-namix

That'd be cool man, I look forward to more of your rhymes. :8)
4D
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby 4D » Jan 7th, '07, 16:46

cgame wrote:nice stuff thr man

any way fordie wats da deal with V-Dogg

Found it, this was V-Dog.

http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?t=3219&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
4D
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re:

Postby namix » Dec 12th, '13, 00:13

Infliction wrote:fucking sick man, personally I dont see it as rap but more like a street poem, its a kinda style ive never seen before and its fuckin hot ill tell you that much. Keep it up

word up brotha - 100% - it was def. more of a street poem (text / topical) than anything else.

YEARS latent in my response lol, but i just rediscovered this thread in google when i was tryna investigate someone who was pretending to be me elsewhere lol - so pardon the delay yo

stay up trshady.com
namix
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: "The Graffiti Artist" ....to the next level writer

Postby namix » Dec 12th, '13, 00:18

crazy btw, i didn't even notice the whole page 2 here and the fact that i already conversed back and forth with a bunch of a heads

what a i throw back.... I really should have come around here more often... it's only too late to say never though i suppose. ;)

pc fellas
namix
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Previous

Return to Creative Writing