The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Jay-z May Sign For 50 Cent's G-unit Records

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Jay-z May Sign For 50 Cent's G-unit Records

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Mar 10th, '08, 18:03

Hip-Hop heavyweight Jay-Z is rumored to be joining 50 Cent as an artist under G-Unit Records.

Jay-Z, currently label-less and open to ideas, and 50 Cent are negotiating a deal to sign the former Def Jam President to G-Unit Records.

"[Jay Z] wouldn't just be coming on as an artist," as source at G-Unit said. "He'd take over a lot of the day to day running of (the label) ... 50 would then be free to focus on his music and other ventures."

G-Units Records is an imprint of Universal Music Group and it has held a number of notable artists like Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and many other.

After Jay-Z´s departure from Def Jam, the Hip-Hop superstar has not signed any deal with labels although he was rumored to be launching a small label with Apple.

The rapper is due to release a new album this year, allegedly called "Blueprint 3".

,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Jay-z May Sign For 50 Cent's G-unit Records

Postby Rap Dogg » Mar 10th, '08, 18:14

Fuck that. :n: I just can't make a picture of Jay an 50 together,especially G-Unit.Those two things doesn't match.I mean,Jay-Z is totally another world.I'd rather see him on Shady Records :D than with 50 :( .Oh,an BTW,did anyone notice that Mobb Deep is signed to G-Unit(and okay that),but now Jay-Z?
My point is that the two of those were enemies of Tupac.I mean,anybody can see that,just go trough the internet a little bit.
WHEN I GRAB A PENCIL AND SQUEEZE IT BETWEEN FINGERS,I'M NOT A RAPPER,I'M A DEMON WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH,FREAK GENIUS
Rap Dogg
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby akuza » Mar 10th, '08, 18:39

great this will be interesting.....cant wait :D
akuza
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BigBangBazinga » Mar 10th, '08, 18:53

Never thought this would happen, lol.
I'ma be BALLIN UNCONTROLLABLY

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

we stans listen to Eminem like 12 hrs or when ever our eyes are open. :coffee:
. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Postby irfman » Mar 10th, '08, 19:06

Rap Dogg wrote:Fuck that. :n: I just can't make a picture of Jay an 50 together,especially G-Unit.Those two things doesn't match.I mean,Jay-Z is totally another world.I'd rather see him on Shady Records :D than with 50 :( .Oh,an BTW,did anyone notice that Mobb Deep is signed to G-Unit(and okay that),but now Jay-Z?
My point is that the two of those were enemies of Tupac.I mean,anybody can see that,just go trough the internet a little bit.

Whats Tupac gotta do with this?

Anyways, yeah I think it's a dumb idea, but if he's joining to promote the music thats coming from the G-unit label then thats ok, wouldn't you love to have one of the biggest hip-hop legends in your label? I know I would.
Motherfuckers, say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it? - Jay Z
irfman
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rap Dogg » Mar 10th, '08, 19:32

I mentioned Tupac cuz I found that shit interesting,besides that,i'd like to have someone like him on my label too. :b:
WHEN I GRAB A PENCIL AND SQUEEZE IT BETWEEN FINGERS,I'M NOT A RAPPER,I'M A DEMON WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH,FREAK GENIUS
Rap Dogg
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby DrRapid » Mar 10th, '08, 19:52

Rap Dogg wrote:I mentioned Tupac cuz I found that shit interesting,besides that,i'd like to have someone like him on my label too. :b:

Just cause 2Pac had a beef with Mobb Deep and Jay-Z doesn't mean that you can't sign them to your label.

I can't really picture Jay-Z in G-Unit specially repeating the word G-Unit in his songs every now and then but I don't really care that much cause I don't listen to Jay-Z while I do to 50 Cent.
"A coward dies 1000 deaths, a soldier dies but once."
R.I.P. Guru
DrRapid
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Robbie G » Mar 10th, '08, 20:19

haha never thought that would ever happen. Should be interesting though. :y:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Tash8 » Mar 10th, '08, 20:58

join Shady Records and let eminem focus on music!!!
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby navysealkid14 » Mar 10th, '08, 22:17

i like how it says g-unit has "notable artists like Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck"..laughable

i think this would be a stupid label for jayz to go to with a bunch of closed minded dumb fucks who only care to now rap about money and sayin they're "workin," i miss the music jayz used to do where he creatively talked about hustling..he can't do that there..

and as far as the tupac thing that was retardedly brougt up, pac dissed Dre before he died, so i guess Dre should be dissing Eminem since he put out a tupac album?..it doesn't matter that he beefed with pac
i never sleep..cause sleep is the cousin of death
Myspace
navysealkid14
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Rap Dogg » Mar 10th, '08, 22:31

I didn't mention it that way.I mentioned it cuz of some conspiracy theory which was lead by Jay-Z.But never mind,forget that.
Rap Dogg
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mctworm » Mar 11th, '08, 02:56

Rap Dogg wrote:I mentioned Tupac cuz I found that shit interesting,besides that,i'd like to have someone like him on my label too. :b:

Alright, I'll say it! Tupac sucks. His music is shit, he sucks dicks and sucks shit wit a condom on. I dont know why ppl like his shit. He sucks nigger ballz! Lol! :tounge2: Just like Non Stop, Chet, and The Infection, they all have gayness: Chet, Tupac (Tuballz), Non- Stop ( Non- cock), and the Injection or Infection or whateva tha fuck his shiit name is. They have cowboy butt sex! :tounge2: FUCK YALL DICKLICKERS! :tounge2: :tounge2: :tounge2: :tounge2:
mctworm
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Xray » Mar 11th, '08, 08:17

:o :o why would he do that? this is defanately a rumour and a fake one too :n:
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby DOPE » Mar 11th, '08, 10:11

what the fuck???

i never liked Jay's music, man the dude is annoying as hell

Kanye Jay Z both alike

i hope this aint true man, Jay cant rep G Unit

i think this would be a stupid label for jayz to go to with a bunch of closed minded dumb fucks who only care to now rap about money and sayin they're "workin,"

well its stupid for 50 to sign Jay

and ur sayin they are dum fucks cuz they care about money?? well who doenst care about money??

and also Jay Z said in his rap "if u aint in it for the money then get out the game"
so is he a dumb fuck too?

but i do get ur point that G Unit aint been the past G Unit lately but its cool cuz i listen to their old shit anyway

anyway this shudnt happen
"It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper."

My basic disk will make you take a razor to your wrist
Make you satanistic
Make you take the pistol to your face
N place the clip N cock it back
N let it go until your brains are rippin out your skull so bad
To sew you back would be a waste of stitches

hybridpurity.webs.com
DOPE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Mar 11th, '08, 10:32

im pretty sure this is a false rumor, but its a credible false rumor lol so who am i to question it, doubt itll happen though
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to Shady / Aftermath News