The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Obie Trice Officialy No Longer With Shady Records

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Re: Obie Trice Officialy No Longer With Shady Records

Postby Epidemik » Jun 30th, '08, 12:25

Obie trice has been dropped from shady records 'After a year and half of sleepless nights and lots of hard work we find out Interscope does not care to fund another Obie Trice album! Seemed like some bullshit at first, then we realized we could capitalize from this. With Eminem in our corner, and Obie's fan base in the US and overseas—we decided to give control of WWH to Obie and release Bottoms Up independently!' I guess one of the best from shady records has gone......
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby j_shady » Jun 30th, '08, 13:51

Epidemik wrote:
Obie trice has been dropped from shady records 'After a year and half of sleepless nights and lots of hard work we find out Interscope does not care to fund another Obie Trice album! Seemed like some bullshit at first, then we realized we could capitalize from this. With Eminem in our corner, and Obie's fan base in the US and overseas—we decided to give control of WWH to Obie and release Bottoms Up independently!' I guess one of the best from shady records has gone......

i knew it had to do something about his next album, and if you listen to Giant he doesnt say anything bad about Em...it was like he super stressed about how Interscope was treating him
"I never bow down, and never say doubt/To whom it may concern and whom so ever may try/i'm forever westside and the feather-weight dies/Tell em take ya best shot gon get yourself hot/cus I yelled Bankhead and you felt left out
I ain't mention yo name thats what all this bout"
j_shady
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ashady27 » Jun 30th, '08, 18:15

o cant believe this shit happend

obie was the best on shady
50 sux now
godam im pissed off now

theis should have never happend :'( :'( :'(
ashady27
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby matz » Jun 30th, '08, 19:09

Obie Trice Cuts Ties With Shady Records printer friendly version Send this story to a friend!
Posted: 6/30/2008 1:30:05 PM by Black widow

Detroit rapper Obie Trice has reportedly severed ties with Eminem's Shady Records.

Obie's manager, Terry Wilson, revealed to Allhiphop Monday (June 30) that the break-up between Shady and Obie was amicable and that the rapper is launching his own label called World Wide Hustle,

“Obie and Shady were moving in different directions,” explained Wilson. “But he still has a great relationship with Shady Records. He has some big plans for his World Wide Hustle label.”

Obie dropped a song titled “Giant” yesterday (June 29) which speaks on his departure from Shady Records. Obie implies that Shady’s parent company, Interscope, is the main reason for his departure. [Download "Giant"]

Obie was signed to Shady/Interscope for eight years and released two albums, Cheers and Second Round’ s On Me. He is currenlty working on his third album titled Bottoms Up.

http://www.sixshot.com/news/11639/
matz
Role Model
Role Model

Postby matz » Jun 30th, '08, 19:11

hmm apparently shady records and obie still have a good relationship but still doesn't make it any less fucked up...........only artists on shady records i rate now are D12
matz
Role Model
Role Model

Postby catalin » Jun 30th, '08, 20:06

i can't believe obie drops shady records...he can't do that..eminem and obie are very close friends and i don't think they are dissing each other.the point is eminem had a rough time a few years..the death of proof..the divorce of kim..he's 2 year silence to music and i don't even concept the thin obie drops shady records..he's one of the creators of shady records..if this is true..i don't think eminem will response..that depends on obie how he will talk, if he talks dirty about em..he wouldn't have a chance in front of eminem :worship:
catalin
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby dontapproachme » Jun 30th, '08, 20:27

what theee fucccccccck noway.. what a loss thats insane
dontapproachme
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby b-theking-s » Jun 30th, '08, 21:14

i know royce and obie did a song together awhile ago, but do they still get along?

http://www.myspace.com/KinZrAp
http://www.myspace.com/KinZrAp
b-theking-s
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Mr. Cookie » Jun 30th, '08, 22:08

only good in sahdy records left is D-12...bet they'll also soon get dropped....fuck interscope and shady records.......
Mr. Cookie

Postby Solace » Jun 30th, '08, 23:05

Aw that fucking sucks
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Emadyville » Jun 30th, '08, 23:32

Eminem1976 wrote:
Emadyville wrote:
blitches wrote:didnt he sign for like 6 albums?

No 5, and before I self-destruct will be his fourth, then his greatest hits album, which will be 5, so after self-destruct drops he needs to do like 3 songs to put on the best of album and thats all, he's done, so he says, but who knows he could sign for more shit.

auctually there is only one more cd comming from 50. T.O.S. replaces his 'Greatest Hits' albumn that he was suppose to come out with.

That's a G-Unit cd.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby McVicar » Jul 1st, '08, 04:16

If Obie's gonna keep putting out good music I don't really care what label he's on. But it is fucked up, Interscope sucks, Obie's been signed for 8 YEARS!! and only 2 FUCKING ALBUMS!!!

Same thing with Stat Quo / we've been waiting for Statlanta forever

Maybe now we'll get an Obie Trice album every other year at least
McVicar
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby j_shady » Jul 1st, '08, 13:58

Mr. Cookie wrote:only good in sahdy records left is D-12...bet they'll also soon get dropped....fuck interscope and shady records.......

d12 isnt even that good as they once were lets be real, Obie was the only one moving on Shady but interscope juss fucked that up. so now who are we waiting for another Em album, Stat's album that might not even see the light of day...everybody there needs to get their shit together right away
"I never bow down, and never say doubt/To whom it may concern and whom so ever may try/i'm forever westside and the feather-weight dies/Tell em take ya best shot gon get yourself hot/cus I yelled Bankhead and you felt left out
I ain't mention yo name thats what all this bout"
j_shady
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby gladimnotsoluble » Jul 2nd, '08, 04:07

2v3n wrote:am i the only one thats happy he left? hes a great rapper, but shady records is so slow in releasing stuff, its probably better for him to make his own label.
what i dont get is why he didnt stay on shady, a lot of shady records artists have their own labels (kuniva and kon artis, swifty, proof had his own ..) and their still signed to shady
and g-unit isnt part of shady, so 50 is the only one that could possibly leave.
but honestly, shady records has always been all about eminem, so it wont die as long as eminem doesnt close it
and hes still close to eminem (the myspace page of obies label has him in the top friends), so who says there wont be collaborations between obie trice and eminem in the future?
im just glad he can release more stuff without waiting for shady records plans to release the records in an order ..
2 albums within like 7 or 8 years hes been signed there isnt a lot ..
stat quo should leave the label too

:y: good point.
How ironic is it that I'm riding around listening to Nickelback? (I'm back!) - Royce
gladimnotsoluble
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tornado » Jul 4th, '08, 21:04

....Shit.........Good Luck Obie..and shame on Interscope
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Shady / Aftermath News