The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dr. Dre Writes And Produces For Queen Latifah Album

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Dr. Dre Writes And Produces For Queen Latifah Album

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Sep 14th, '08, 17:56

Latifah calls the new album (due in December) “banging” and plans to hit the road next year. She’s been working with LL Cool J and Dr. Dre. “They pretty much did the whole album,” Latifah said during a small roundtable interview to promote her new film The Secret Life of Bees, which also stars Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson, Dakota Fanning and Sophie Okonedo. “My boy Kenny Flav did one track and I think might do two more. Missy [Elliott] and Swizz Beatz are the only two people I have left. But they’re mixing it right now.”

Latifah, whose last album, 2007’s Trav’lin Light, was a collection of jazz and R&B standards, says she “just about” wrote all the rhymes for it. “Dre helped me write some stuff. He wrote some stuff with me and Ludicris wrote a record for me.” Lyrically it covers a range of topics, she says. “A lot of love on there. People, dealing with people, how people do all kinds of things, but then you’re like, ‘You know what? They’re just people.’
“Just like the media,” she adds. “You read something in the paper and just when I start to get mad, I’m like, ‘You know what? They’re just people.’ People do stuff. People will let you down. They won’t be around, but hey they’re just people, what are you gonna do?”

From: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... he-l-word/
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Dr. Dre Writes And Produces For Queen Latifah Album

Postby gladimnotsoluble » Sep 14th, '08, 19:46

Wait, Dre wrote for Latifah--you mean, someone wrote for Dre, who wrote for latifah?

We all know Dre doesn't write shit :happy:
How ironic is it that I'm riding around listening to Nickelback? (I'm back!) - Royce
gladimnotsoluble
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Sep 14th, '08, 22:32

gladimnotsoluble wrote:Wait, Dre wrote for Latifah--you mean, someone wrote for Dre, who wrote for latifah?

Ha good point.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Vertis » Sep 15th, '08, 14:21

sweet lets see Latifah do some shit with Doc Dre 'n' others
Vertis
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Vertis » Sep 15th, '08, 14:23

Emadyville wrote:
gladimnotsoluble wrote:Wait, Dre wrote for Latifah--you mean, someone wrote for Dre, who wrote for latifah?

Ha good point.

Yeah you're right i mean all he does is produce nothin' wrong wit that but he got a couple o' songs....That he wrote by himself :D
Vertis
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shads » Sep 15th, '08, 20:09

lmao - Ofcourse Dre writes his own shit. Hes been in the game longer than most of you have had hot meals. yes, dre has ghostwriters for him. alot of people have ghostwriters. but not for every dam thing he does. doesnt mean he cant lay some verses himself. plus its queen latifah, im sure it wont have to be "That" lyrical
The Only Thing They Wanna Kill Is Fucking Autotune, But Before You Gun It Down,
Know They Only Say Hip Hop Is Dead, But The Dope Shit Is Underground.

- Joe Budden
Shads
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Sep 15th, '08, 20:51

dre said it in an interview, he can write and he does write some of his songs but he said if eminem offers to write he'll accept because he likes eminem's writing more than his own.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby PhizzEd216 » Sep 21st, '08, 02:05

*******************************The best white rapper since Eminem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.datpiff.com/Phzz-Ed-Psychoti ... 9941.html#
PhizzEd216
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Shady / Aftermath News