The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent On Eminem's Comeback And More

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent On Eminem's Comeback And More

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Sep 15th, '08, 15:34

Rapper 50 Cent has said that fellow artist Eminem is making his comeback soon and has got rid of his old material to keep things current. He also spoke to Newsbeat about the US presidential election and his new acting roles.

Will Eminem be making a comeback?

You'll be seeing him shortly. He's working. I spent the weekend at his house. Even though he tries to relax and stay home it's impossible for him to stay in.

A lot of material he wrote prior to this is being scrapped. He's got to feel like it's just happened, it's new and it's current. That's just how he is creatively as an artist.

What do you think of the controversy over Jay-Z headlining Glastonbury?

I think hip hop has a place everywhere, that's obvious. The art-form has grown outside the United States, for people that have notoriety.

Any festivals for you in the future?

Absolutely. I'm the largest hip hop touring artist period. Eminem is the biggest rap artist on the planet, I'm the biggest touring artist because I travel places.

He won't actually go to each one of those territories to be in front of all his fans. Not that he doesn't love them but he won't make the sacrifice of travelling as hard as I do.
Eminem performs at the MTV Europe Music Awards back in 2004

For artists to have an opportunity to come out there, it's good positioning. Jay-Z didn't have a lot of records to have a big international following, so for him to get out there and be the actual headliner, it was good positioning on his part.

What was it like working with two Hollywood heavyweights - Al Pacino and Robert De Niro - in your new film Righteous Kill?

It was exciting for me and an experience. I had an opportunity to meet Robert prior to this project. First it was me and Robert on the actual film project - then Al came along and really put the icing on the cake. For me the overall project was exciting when I read the screenplay.

Wasn't it scary though? - they are two of the biggest actors of all time.

I think they intimidate everybody when they come around. For me, from the acting standpoint, of course you feel a bit of that nervous energy.

Are there any more acting projects on the horizon?

I got a project, we start in February and it's being directed by Barry Levinson. You probably know him from directing Rain Man. Me and Robert will be in that project again.

My new album Before I Self-destruct will be out December 9th and I wrote, produced and directed a film that I'm starring in.

Who are you backing in the US presidential election?

I'm confused. Some days I feel like I should run for president. Maybe Robert De Niro or Al Pacino should run for President.

There's just so many different things. McCain's vice-president is over-shadowing him even running for President - she's a bigger issue than he is. And then you've got so much other stuff going on. I think everybody has the right answer. I'm not sure who's going to actually do the right thing.

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/enter ... 616599.stm
Last edited by ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, on Sep 15th, '08, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: 50 Cent On Eminem's Comeback

Postby Tash8 » Sep 15th, '08, 15:40

here's a youtube video that he talks about the same thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmtJlsgIxlA
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Re: 50 Cent On Eminem's Comeback And More

Postby BigBangBazinga » Sep 15th, '08, 15:57

I'm looking forward to Before I Self-Destruct. And I don't think I need to say I'm looking forward to Em's new album. :y:
I'ma be BALLIN UNCONTROLLABLY

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

we stans listen to Eminem like 12 hrs or when ever our eyes are open. :coffee:
. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Jumbo » Sep 15th, '08, 16:03

Great read :y:
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DelinQuent » Sep 15th, '08, 18:02

it might just be me, but after 50's last release he seems to have humbled quite a bit. especially since releasing terminate on sight.

seems he may be hungry again, hopefully "before i self destruct" will be worth listening to.

and its always good to hear that eminem's new album is coming along :y:
DelinQuent
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Sep 15th, '08, 18:04

DelinQuent wrote:it might just be me, but after 50's last release he seems to have humbled quite a bit. especially since releasing terminate on sight.

seems he may be hungry again, hopefully "before i self destruct" will be worth listening to.

and its always good to hear that eminem's new album is coming along :y:

good point about 50, i didn't notice it but since you mentioned it seems that way
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Slim Zaddy » Sep 15th, '08, 20:49

thanks man ,, can't wait to see eminem album on streets .. :D
z_em = Slim Zaddy = Zaid AQ which is my real name
Slim Zaddy
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Vertis » Sep 16th, '08, 08:51

Yeah! some more info on shit that i've been waiting for forever!
Vertis
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Vertis » Sep 16th, '08, 08:54

Shadyfreak wrote:I'm looking forward to Before I Self-Destruct. And I don't think I need to say I'm looking forward to Em's new album. :y:

Man i've already ot the album from internet (before i self-destruct) download it :)
Vertis
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Hadez » Sep 16th, '08, 10:56

wow that was the first interview i've seen of 50 with his new teeth. looks much better with the new janks.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyshaun » Sep 16th, '08, 14:15

My new album Before I Self-destruct will be out December 9th and I wrote, produced and directed a film that I'm starring in.

So there we have it - pretty much full confirmation that Em will not be dropping this side of Christmas.
shadyshaun
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Tash8 » Sep 16th, '08, 16:47

shadyshaun wrote:My new album Before I Self-destruct will be out December 9th and I wrote, produced and directed a film that I'm starring in.

So there we have it - pretty much full confirmation that Em will not be dropping this side of Christmas.

again i'll say this, Kanye and Jay-Z are dropping nov-dec if i'm not wrong... they need to outweigh them and they use eminem and 50 for it.. and i'm almost positive if interscope had eminem's album and were just waiting to release it, they'll push back 50's album.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Jay-19 » Sep 17th, '08, 14:23

Tash8 wrote:
shadyshaun wrote:My new album Before I Self-destruct will be out December 9th and I wrote, produced and directed a film that I'm starring in.

again i'll say this, Kanye and Jay-Z are dropping nov-dec if i'm not wrong... they need to outweigh them and they use eminem and 50 for it.. and i'm almost positive if interscope had eminem's album and were just waiting to release it, they'll push back 50's album.

I second that. Even though 50's status at the moment is sky-high, I don't think no one can top Eminem's status. So they'll probably put everything on ice if it's around the same time when they're planning to drop Em's new shit. And I agree with Hadez, good thing he got rid of those awful teeth. :y:
Kickin' Incredibly Dope Shit
Jay-19
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Sep 17th, '08, 14:52

I personally think em would outsell kanye and jay, they will both sell between 1.5-2, jay might be a little less, but em should sell at least 3-5. Let em take them both down.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Sep 17th, '08, 15:56

KillahGoat wrote:
Tash8 wrote:

I second that. Even though 50's status at the moment is sky-high, I don't think no one can top Eminem's status. So they'll probably put everything on ice if it's around the same time when they're planning to drop Em's new shit. And I agree with Hadez, good thing he got rid of those awful teeth. :y:

lmao 50 cents status ? TOS sold how many ? his status and credability and fan base is at an all time LOW right now..how can you mistake that with sky high ?

curtis flopped critically and sales wise (to 50 cents previous sale standard) his mixtapes has been little more than juice for thisis50.com anywere else there hardly even spoke off, his beefs have been non looked at (no one cared when he tried to start with fat joe again) TES was a disater criticaly and commercially, even hardcore hardcore fans hated it and had to admit it sucked, buck left and no one but groupies sided with 50 in that decision, banks is doin his own think, yayo sucks and 50 songs arent even getting checked out and a aftermath/shady records forum...he is at a terrible position right now, the only time his name even comes up is when he either disses someone bigger than him right now (kayne west) or mentions eminem
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to Shady / Aftermath News